[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I finally beat them two. It was on some OCD shyt. I finished the battle but saw I still had something not cleared. I fought them at least 5 times before defeating them without them flying.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I always wondered this but why do they have damaging items like grenades and shyt in these games. Who is this for?

I don’t think I’ve thrown a grenade in an FF ever in my life. I can’t think of a scenario where this shyt is better than using and ability or magic.

Which one of you nikkas is out there chucking grenades and shyt at bosses?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I always wondered this but why do they have damaging items like grenades and shyt in these games. Who is this for?

I don’t think I’ve thrown a grenade in an FF ever in my life. I can’t think of a scenario where this shyt is better than using and ability or magic.

There is a materia that increases the effectiveness of items. Combine that with a grenade and you can actually have an effective crowd control option when you are fighting a group of several smaller monsters.
That said, i think the real reason they have it in the game is because that used to be one of Barrett's limit breaks in the og game.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There is a materia that increases the effectiveness of items. Combine that with a grenade and you can actually have an effective crowd control option when you are fighting a group several smaller monsters.
That said, i think the real reason they have it in the game is because that used to be one of Barrett's limit breaks in the og game.
Ok cool so that’s the use for them? That’s a very specific use case.

Still seems like magic or an ability is far more useful. Maybe they are better later in rebirth, but I went through remake on hard and never even thought about using any of that stuff.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Still seems like magic or an ability is far more useful. Maybe they are better later in rebirth, but I went through remake on hard and never even thought about using any of that stuff.
I think they are just meant as an early game use item. before you start accumulating better abilities. They can interrupt enemies too i think.
But you can't even use items in certain modes. so its certainly not meant to be something your build a character around

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

You can't even use items on hard mode, and benches only restore HP not MP.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

In the old FF games there were classes like ninjas that used to throw items as their main method of doing damage

nikkas used to throw shurikens and bombs for like 9999 damage and shyt

At this point, it's a legacy mechanic

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the old FF games there were classes like ninjas that used to throw items as their main method of doing damage

nikkas used to throw shurikens and bombs for like 9999 damage and shyt

At this point, it's a legacy mechanic
Bet, that makes sense. I haven’t played anything before OG 7 on PS3.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm so confused I'm on the Aerodome going into Upper Junon. How come none of the Shinra guards say anything to Cloud and gang with them just moving about?lol i forgot this section from the OG.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm so confused I'm on the Aerodome going into Upper Junon. How come none of the Shinra guards say anything to Cloud and gang with them just moving about?lol i forgot this section from the OG.
Yeah they did it in the OG but they did the uniform swap faster in it, and blended in for the parade to sneak onto the ship, there was no crazy speech or commendation or anything tho that was created for this remake.

This game has been relatively tasteful with the added content (except for costa del sol this shyt ass)