[Official] [PS5] Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth. Feb 29th 2024. NO SPOILERS

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok here's my thoughts now that I've beaten the game. Spoilers of course.:mjpls:

-First off this game was amazing and one of the best games I've ever played.:hubie:It would be a 10/10 but some parts dragged on wayyyy too long, particularly the Temple of the Ancients section, that garbage ass section where you're controlling Cait Sith and the last hour and a half where they're forcing you into boss fight after boss fight with no option to setup your equipment and materia, so it's a 9/10 for me because of that and I still prefer the OG's story.:manny:
-I still don't really get what the purpose of Zack was for in this game outside of just fan service. From what I understand in our regular timeline Aerith's white materia that she keeps in her hair turned clear when she touched the whispers? So someone brought Zack to that timeline to watch the sleeping Cloud and sleeping Aerith so when they wake up Aerith could give the materia to Cloud to give to her in the main timeline? Man what the fukk?:mindblown: I hate multiverse shyt. Also at first I really hated seeing Zack and Cloud team up since it kills the whole plotline about Cloud learning the truth about himself but they might have potentially replaced it with something cooler.:shaq:

Now Aerith's death...on one hand I like it and on the other hand I really hate it. When I first saw the scene I was confused as hell because it looked like Cloud saved her but then he kept having those mind glitches which threw me off. I went to Reddit to look up the discussions and I saw something interesting. People are saying she died but those mind glitches were Cloud hallucinating about saving her. :ohhh:After she's stabbed the mind glitch is alternating between two scenes. One where she's in his arms, alive and holding his face and the other where Cloud is mouthing something. What he's saying is that speech he gave to Sephiroth in the OG where he's saying how Aerith will never cry or laugh again.:ohhh:

After you beat all the bosses and the party is sitting by the water, we can presume this is after Cloud has dropped her body in the water but we never see it. Why? Because in Cloud's glitched reality she's still alive. In Cloud's mind Aerith is alive and sitting right next to him but no one in the party can see her.
Earlier I mentioned that at first I didn't like the fact that Zack met up with Cloud in their little multiverse battle or whatever because it kills his whole lifestream sequence later in the game but that they potentially replaced it with something cooler. I'm not a fan of the changes they've made so far but Square might be cooking something with this one so hear me out. What if in part 3 instead of him find out the truth about what happened in Nibelheim he instead finds out about the truth of what happened in the City of the Ancients where Aerith is actually dead and he didn't save her? :whoo:
I have to mention again we NEVER see him physically drop Aerith's body in the water but we know he does because her body is gone and they're sitting by the water. We'll be able to see what actually went down there without any of Cloud's mind glitching. :sas1:
Now this is how I interpret what went down. I would have of course preferred to have her get killed and that be the end of her like the OG but I hope they go down this route.
I've also been seeing posts about how Cloud blocking Sephiroth's sword created some alternate timeline and I really hope that isn't true. I don't want any extra timelines. I think playing into Cloud's fukked up mental state is way more of an interesting plotline.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Aerith is lowkey ass in this game (combat wise).:dead: Soon as I took her out the party and ran Cloud, Tifa and Barrett with Barrett as my long range attacked and healer, this game got 10x easier.:dead:

She was mad annoying to play with until I figured out how to play her.

You gotta throw different wards around the arena (instead of stacking them) so she can teleport to each one to get away from enemies with her Triangle.

One of the wards greatly increase the usefulness of her main attack by allowing you to cast much faster, without interruption, and it greatly increases ATB to get the real magic spells out. I usually burn the enemy and build up ATB here, and then teleport to the double cast ward to get off multiple spells targeting weaknesses in half the casts.

edit - nvm just seen someone else said the same thing