Official Overwatch Thread

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Been seeing a lot of videos about hero stacking (having multiples of the same heroes on one team) popping up recently, what do you guys think about it?

Right now in quick play, you don't see it very often except when idiots pick 2+ widowmakers/hanzos

But once competitive comes out, more people will watch the pros and realize that they are using double winston/mcree/lucio and everyone in ranked will start copying it

The funniest are the Torbjorn + Bastion stacks. Bullets flyin everywhere :deadrose:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Been seeing a lot of videos about hero stacking (having multiples of the same heroes on one team) popping up recently, what do you guys think about it?

Right now in quick play, you don't see it very often except when idiots pick 2+ widowmakers/hanzos

But once competitive comes out, more people will watch the pros and realize that they are using double winston/mcree/lucio and everyone in ranked will start copying it
In quick play the stacks have been meaningless so far, I've beaten any team that tried hero stacks because it's usually a hero you shouldn't stack, blizzard needs to release their competitive framework so we know if they're going to allow hero stacking. I personally think it should be allowed because you can counter most things in this game. But if certain hero stacks become too powerful I'd be okay with them not allowing multiple of the same hero. You probably aren't going to see mcree stacks once they balance his hammer fan (hopefully)

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
In quick play the stacks have been meaningless so far, I've beaten any team that tried hero stacks because it's usually a hero you shouldn't stack, blizzard needs to release their competitive framework so we know if they're going to allow hero stacking. I personally think it should be allowed because you can counter most things in this game. But if certain hero stacks become too powerful I'd be okay with them not allowing multiple of the same hero. You probably aren't going to see mcree stacks once they balance his hammer fan (hopefully)

Torbjorn stacks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bastion stacks..

Really only Tor or Lucio seem effective though. :manny:

Bastion is NOtHING like the cheap a$$hole he was in Beta.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Torbjorn stacks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bastion stacks..

Really only Tor or Lucio seem effective though. :manny:

Bastion is NOtHING like the cheap a$$hole he was in Beta.
I haven't encountered tor stacks yet. Bastion is not a problem I don't understand why everyone complains about him, so many classes can be used to counter him. Couldn't you just go tank heavy with one healer and one tracer/genji/reaper and destroy a tor or bastion stack?

Daps
what are yalls strats for rein when your shield's about to break? I usually throw a projectile when im between 500-200 then charge to the furthest enemy i can see. Try to make it back but usually dont. How yall go about it?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I haven't encountered tor stacks yet. Bastion is not a problem I don't understand why everyone complains about him, so many classes can be used to counter him. Couldn't you just go tank heavy with one healer and one tracer/genji/reaper and destroy a tor or bastion stack?

Because Tor can still move/flank where as Bastion can't. If Molten Core is up both Tracer and Genji get ate up by the short range shot from Tor. Not to mention if placement of the cannons is right neither Tracer nor Genji have the HP to take out both guns and both Tors.

Reaper has the best shot but again, that player has to have good knowlege of the maps and that tank better be getting healed up properly. Now in compeditive, that prolly wont be an issue. But in Quick Match...most people don't the team work for that. Let alone someone willing to ONLY heal a tank or ONLY be a distraction for turrets.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It's ok, it's not nearly as good as you're implying. It would be nice if he had a buff inside of it... Enemies can come inside of the barrier and rape you. Junkrat's ULT can come into it and kill you. It would be really dope if Bastion wasn't always picked on the Defensive Side.

I'll jump into the capture point, go ham, toss the barrier up, only to get shredded by Bastion in the cut. And that's my gripe with it. You want to use it to cap points, but it goes down so fast, that you really just using it to have some time to JUMP out of the capture point. It's dumb that enemies can fukk you up inside of it considering how weak it is.

Don't have shyt on that Titan Bubble in Destiny
:mjpls:

@Tic Tac T O

when you play with people level 140+ compared to level 20-50, the game is so much different. Especially 6v6. Nothing being said in this thread will pretty much stick when ranked play comes out.

People also do use offensive bastion. on objective, behind Reinhart shield.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
I just don't fukk with bastion in any way shape or form and think he is easily the lamest character in the game. All of these cool people to play and you would rather play as what is essentially a mobile turret and hide in bushes and shyt all game:francis:? I can't wrap my head around people that do that. Lately people have been enabling the bastions by having a Reinhardt and or mercy protect him the whole game too. I'm not saying he is broken or op he just makes the game less fun the same way campers in any shooter make the game less fun

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
what are yalls strats for rein when your shield's about to break? I usually throw a projectile when im between 500-200 then charge to the furthest enemy i can see. Try to make it back but usually dont. How yall go about it?

if you find cover for a seconds, your shield regenerates on its own

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Been testing streaming this game on PC and I'm having problems.
:snoop:

Even on 30fps it's still shaky