Official Overwatch Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
nah youre gonna get wrecked no matter what, youre a tank, thats your job. But if youre smart you extend your life as long as you can, plan the most effective route to flank and kill as many people/do as much damage as you can. His barrier ain weak, it extends his life by double and lets him isolate himself and an individual enemy from his team. Its strong as hell for how quickly winston can move.
The barrier is weak. It buys you some time to leap the fukk out of there, but not much. I do fine with Winston, I'm not calling him trash, but his barrier isn't shyt to me. Especially when a lot of teams have a camping ass Bastion around the objective and he mows through that shield in like 2 seconds it seems.

Daps
The barrier is weak. It buys you some time to leap the fukk out of there, but not much. I do fine with Winston, I'm not calling him trash, but his barrier isn't shyt to me. Especially when a lot of teams have a camping ass Bastion around the objective and he mows through that shield in like 2 seconds it seems.

youre comparing it to rein's shield. Winstons barrier gives you about three seconds of invulnerability if you use it correctly, thats ages to kill a sniper or support, especially since your jump will usually be ready by the time you finish. For his playstyle his barrier is his most important thing other than his jump.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
youre comparing it to rein's shield. Winstons barrier gives you about three seconds of invulnerability if you use it correctly, thats ages to kill a sniper or support, especially since your jump will usually be ready by the time you finish. For his playstyle his barrier is his most important thing other than his jump.
It's ok, it's not nearly as good as you're implying. It would be nice if he had a buff inside of it... Enemies can come inside of the barrier and rape you. Junkrat's ULT can come into it and kill you. It would be really dope if Bastion wasn't always picked on the Defensive Side.

I'll jump into the capture point, go ham, toss the barrier up, only to get shredded by Bastion in the cut. And that's my gripe with it. You want to use it to cap points, but it goes down so fast, that you really just using it to have some time to JUMP out of the capture point. It's dumb that enemies can fukk you up inside of it considering how weak it is.

Don't have shyt on that Titan Bubble in Destiny
:mjpls:

@Tic Tac T O

Daps
Enemies can come inside of the barrier and rape you. Junkrat's ULT can come into it and kill you.

theres your problem lol. Its a sphere so you need to be able to use the entire thing effectively to extend your life. Dance around it with anyone shooting you. If a close range enemy tries to come inside, step outside of it, it still absorbs the damage. And you can trap junrat's ult in it and negate all the damage if youre good enough. Barrier is literally 600 free damage you dont have to take. If you use it correctly you effectively have 1100 health

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If you have a good Tracer, Genji, Widowmaker or Hanzo on your squad enemy Bastions are food :dame:

Even D.Va can take out Bastion if she times it right :dame:
I know. Sometimes this ain't the case... seems like it's never the case when I play Winston. I always am getting murked by myself on the objective because my team is soft. He's fun af to play with when you have goons on your side. But he really needs support to most effective is all I'm saying.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
theres your problem lol. Its a sphere so you need to be able to use the entire thing effectively to extend your life. Dance around it with anyone shooting you. If a close range enemy tries to come inside, step outside of it, it still absorbs the damage. And you can trap junrat's ult in it and negate all the damage if youre good enough. Barrier is literally 600 free damage you dont have to take. If you use it correctly you effectively have 1100 health
:heh:

I'm familiar with how to play him, and use bubble shields. I know all about strafing in and out of them and trolling enemies. I just feel like they could have done a lot more with it IMO.

Daps
:heh:

I'm familiar with how to play him, and use bubble shields. I know all about strafing in and out of them and trolling enemies. I just feel like they could have done a lot more with it IMO.

your post didnt imply any of that:ld: if enemies are coming into your barrier and raping you you aint using it right. And if you trying to capture points by yourself and think winston and his shield's the best bet you dont understand how to play him. You want rein to capture shyt.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
your post didnt imply any of that:ld: if enemies are coming into your barrier and raping you you aint using it right. And if you trying to capture points by yourself and think winston and his shield's the best bet you dont understand how to play him. You want rein to capture shyt.
:camby:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
if it means that much to you :lolbron:

56 elims is my highest with that monkey, make sure you hit it :sas2:
No vids or screen caps?

:lolbron:

shyt didn't happen. And if they weren't final blows who cares? Had a match where I had like 15 solo kills with him.