Official Overwatch Thread

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
theirs no ranked play yet.. As said earlier, McCree shines in public games because they arent as organized. A slow 200 health hero who relies on being up close isnt gonna last against good players.. He might drop 1 player at best but he can only bring tanks down to 300 life with his combo + good teams with good defenses, he'll have no way to get close. We havnt seen great players yet(im talking competitive players).. A great defensive hero like Junkrat or Widowmaker will never let a mccree get close enough to be effective.

Public games are NO WHERE near as organized as rank games

what im trying to say is that mccree is a very hig hskillcap high reward player. any hero where aiming is the focus will be a high level hero. youre right, his close range attacks right now are mostly to take advantage of noobs. but at a high level, wherer someone can actuaqlly aim AND he has a stun/shotgun move. so he can play both long and short range. thats gonna be a beast. we'll see but i think they should just widen the accuracy on his right click. it doesnt make sense that all 6 bullets land dead on

in contrast, someone like junkrat is low skillcap IMO, he can just spray his cannon everyone and land kills/damage :snoop:

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
9.7 Million players participated in the open beta :wow:

:wow: im excited for this game, before the open beta this game didnt seem to have much buzz but i was wrong. has a chance to bring in both casuals and hardcore gamers. dont fukk this up blizzzard :damn:

skylake

Pro
Daps

I also thought the game was going to be F2P at first and follow the League of Legends model

- Like the guy in the red shirt said, a lot of people (including me) were ignoring this game until we realized how fun it was during the open beta
- The $40/60 upfront cost is going to severely limit to the player base. It would be nice if they implemented "free weekends" once in a while to let more people check the game out

- 3 out of 4 of the biggest esports at the moment follow the freemium model (LoL, DoTA, Hearthstone)
- The other one, CSGO, costs money but it's only $15 upfront and goes on sale for $7.50 all the time

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I also thought the game was going to be F2P at first and follow the League of Legends model

- Like the guy in the red shirt said, a lot of people (including me) were ignoring this game until we realized how fun it was during the open beta
- The $40/60 upfront cost is going to severely limit to the player base. It would be nice if they implemented "free weekends" once in a while to let more people check the game out

- 3 out of 4 of the biggest esports at the moment follow the freemium model (LoL, DoTA, Hearthstone)
- The other one, CSGO, costs money but it's only $15 upfront and goes on sale for $7.50 all the time
I paid over $100 for the collector's edition :hamster:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

nothing free about hearthstone except the download :heh: probably the most expensive game in 2016

Overwatch gonna seel 5 - 10 million copies by this time next year, ill think theyll be ok... 10 million x $40 = $400 million guaranteed, on top of selling loot boxes. The game will do a billion in revenue its first 2 years easily.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

nah, matter fact, you broke fukks who can't afford a 40$ fukking game can go kick rocks, maybe go get a fukkin job instead of praying they give free weekends or move to a f2p model. F2P model DESTROYED any intergrity left in Team Fortress 2 and blizzard isn't stupid enough to follow that same mistake. 40$ cost is not going to "SEVERELY LIMIT" the playerbase, it's fukking blizzard, this game is going to be a massive fukking success regardless if broke ass bums can't buy it or not. And on a final note, fukk league of legends.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
theirs no ranked play yet.. As said earlier, McCree shines in public games because they arent as organized. A slow 200 health hero who relies on being up close isnt gonna last against good players.. He might drop 1 player at best but he can only bring tanks down to 300 life with his combo + good teams with good defenses, he'll have no way to get close. We havnt seen great players yet(im talking competitive players).. A great defensive hero like Junkrat or Widowmaker will never let a mccree get close enough to be effective.

Public games are NO WHERE near as organized as rank games
McCree is still used in higher-level play, but much more rarely then other heroes. The meta is going to be constantly changing but if you stay behind Reinhardt's shield McCree can be pretty powerful. He's situational but still used. Plus the biggest strategy in this game is switching heros based on different parts of the map you're at and different situations. For the most part you're not just gonna play the same hero for one entire map unless you're a healer

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The competitive scene is already going and McCree is heavily used, he's widely considered as the best offense hero in the game.
no he isn't, Genji is

edit: Genji is considered the best, but he is extremely difficult to play to his potential, McCree is better for noobs