Official Overwatch Thread

josuke

Banned
Daps
love feigning flash bang by melee'ing against a genji, then once their deflect has ended i flash bang 'em :mjlol:

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I just started playing this again. I got to get used to the character changes.

I'm going to sit this season out. I'm going to try and master certain characters so I can adapt to almost any situation.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I just started playing this again. I got to get used to the character changes.

I'm going to sit this season out. I'm going to try and master certain characters so I can adapt to almost any situation.

Mercy
Winston
Sym
Soldier.

Not only are they noob friendly, but can also counter damn near everyone...except Mercy, this is just to learn proper placement and patience.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Any tips for a player just starting out?

I just got the game last week and have a way to go before I can play ranked (I'm only level 8 rn)

What advice could y'all give to someone looking to be a contributor when they get to ranked finally and not a handicap to their team?

I play on PS4 if that helps

Learn one of the three classes; Tank, Healer, Dps...

DPS doesn't matter since, dudes are working on their aim all the time, and everyone always wants to be the one with most kills. This makes it much easier for you to master a healer. In my heart of hearts I want to say Lucio, but right now, Mercy is far more viable in learning how to position yourself, and how to be patient. Sure Lucio is a spastic wub wub tard, but learning how to be a good Mercy requires more time.

Tank - Winston for positioning, and knowing when and when not, to flank. It's vital that you learn early, how and when to approach the enemy team. He's also the best Genji counter, which you will see plenty of.

Rein should be your second pocket tank, he's viable in all maps, and is the backbone for most defense teams (far better than Orisa).

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Almost every single game I've lost in the past couple days has been due to RETARDED team compositions my teammates keep choosing. I don't understand. Do they enjoy playing shytty comps? Constant 1 tank comps or 1 healer comps with genji, mcree and a tracer with no one willing to switch so we just lose. People are fukking stubborn in this game. I play lucio and only one person will play tank, I play soldier and only 1 person will play a healer.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Almost every single game I've lost in the past couple days has been due to RETARDED team compositions my teammates keep choosing. I don't understand. Do they enjoy playing shytty comps? Constant 1 tank comps or 1 healer comps with genji, mcree and a tracer with no one willing to switch so we just lose. People are fukking stubborn in this game. I play lucio and only one person will play tank, I play soldier and only 1 person will play a healer.

The problem is the amount of dps. You never had this problem in TF2, and if you did, people would be quick to jump on the person not willing to switch. Then there's people who only like dps and can't heal...well, not that they can't, simply that they find it boring. So they want to win, but don't want to play a fukking support toon? This is why I hate people.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The problem is the amount of dps. You never had this problem in TF2, and if you did, people would be quick to jump on the person not willing to switch. Then there's people who only like dps and can't heal...well, not that they can't, simply that they find it boring. So they want to win, but don't want to play a fukking support toon? This is why I hate people.
7MzmnG1.jpg

game starts out, we have two tanks, standard comp. We roll and 3 cap easily. We go on defense and the same thing basically happens to us. They 3 cap easily. We're back on attack and for some UNGODLY reason now we only have 1 tank, which means I have less protection as lucio and end up dying over and over on attack and we can't cap anything. Thankfully the other team couldn't cap anything either so we ended up drawing, but still, we would've easily capped the first point at least if we had two tanks. I don't understand it.

ShoGun Of Harlem

All Star
Daps
I have 2700SR and i'm still surprised I hear a lot of people question character choices. It's one thing if the comp is completely random but if there's a genji on defense or a window/sym on attack why bytch and moan about it pre game before seeing the results first? Great widows and genjis no matter the map and side are the biggest game changers imo.

On another note so far this season i've put the most hours using Mercy and I actually like using her until I get bored, but you'll join a game and nobody goes healer so i just say fukk it and play mercy.