Official Overwatch Thread

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I have 2700SR and i'm still surprised I hear a lot of people question character choices. It's one thing if the comp is completely random but if there's a genji on defense or a window/sym on attack why bytch and moan about it pre game before seeing the results first? Great widows and genjis no matter the map and side are the biggest game changers imo.

On another note so far this season i've put the most hours using Mercy and I actually like using her until I get bored, but you'll join a game and nobody goes healer so i just say fukk it and play mercy.

We need that. Mercy is so dumb right now but none of us wants to use her cause of how boring she is. Rein was the same way. Luckily Winston/Dva are pretty much must picks right now and i fukks with dva and my teammate loves winston.

MarcusDigital

Being Real Till Aint No Real Left
Daps
On ps4 the community gets more toxic everyday....
Cats constantly picking torbjorun on attack I dont get it :stopitslime:

and

this really annoys me everybody on the team is dead BUT ONE PERSON. Its overtime Me and my homies on mic like yo get on point just hold it for a second we almost there.
:birdman:
That nikka scared as hell to get on point off around the corner shooting.

Then we lose the game just as we turned the corner to get on the point :snoop:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
That attitude is trash in comp. I can see it in quick play

You get fukked in both modes with that scapegoat mentality

In QP; "Its just QP"
In Comp; "its just a game"

Fukkboys will parrot anything to use as a red herring for their bad play.

Thank you o wise one, I wouldn't have known it was a game without your guidance! :mjlol:

Basically if they start scapegoating, I report, and hope I don't run into them again. They really need to bring back the "avoid this player" option. With 25 mill strong, I think it would be okay.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have 2700SR and i'm still surprised I hear a lot of people question character choices. It's one thing if the comp is completely random but if there's a genji on defense or a window/sym on attack why bytch and moan about it pre game before seeing the results first? Great widows and genjis no matter the map and side are the biggest game changers imo.

On another note so far this season i've put the most hours using Mercy and I actually like using her until I get bored, but you'll join a game and nobody goes healer so i just say fukk it and play mercy.
There are very few good widows at that SR. You're throwing a round away by "trying things out"

Genji on defense is different, depending on map and other teams comp

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
She really doesn't....

You just have to be good, and know the maps

You can Youtube plenty more vids, I'm tired of doing the work for you lazy fukks.

No. Sym 1 tricks gain more SR than they lose due to blizzard dumb ranking system - with enough hours, they'll gain 30 per win and only 15 per loss. The opposite effect of playing a regular character (soldier, genji, reinhart, etc.- where you'll gain 20-25 for a win and lose 20-50 for a loss) because so few people play it, it compares your 10 min overall game play per round to other syms (people who may only play once or twice a season depending on map) of the same rank (gold, plat, diamond, etc). Less competition on a character especially a niche character like Sombra, Bastion, Torb, Sym and at one point Mercy allows people to rank up to GM despite a losing record or even playing badly. They just have to out play the average person on the characters with enough hours put in.

Its why so many "mercy 1 tricks" (mains) are in GM now because no one played Mercy for most of Season 3 and Season 4 til they fixed SR gains for healers, but because of the low amount of competition on Mercy, people just massed 30-50 hours on Mercy only, and even with a 35-40% win rate you could rank up despite playing the character horribly because the amount of data to compare you to others was so low, the game ranking system thinks you are doing well.

If you actually watch the video you linked, that sym is actually get shyt on majority of the time, but despite being a liability to his team, he can still rank up because Blizzard ranking system is the worst in FPS history.

Basically the system rewards you for playing a niche hero despite losing efforts. It takes more than a few games for this though, takes hours, but if you got the patience and can stomach playing 1 character for so long - Play bastion, sym or sombra right now for the next 40 hours of game play and you will gain 300-500+ SR from where you are at right now even if you have a 40% win rate

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Doomfist probably gonna hit PTR next tuesday or the week after that.

If the rumors are true that he's a tank buster then the Dva/Winston meta is gonna shake up drastically.

Me and my squad are already getting alot of mileage out of sombra/reaper right now.

Sombra is so damn good when your team is on the same page. She's borderline broken.

Barney Rubble

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. Sym 1 tricks gain more SR than they lose due to blizzard dumb ranking system - with enough hours, they'll gain 30 per win and only 15 per loss. The opposite effect of playing a regular character (soldier, genji, reinhart, etc.- where you'll gain 20-25 for a win and lose 20-50 for a loss) because so few people play it, it compares your 10 min overall game play per round to other syms (people who may only play once or twice a season depending on map) of the same rank (gold, plat, diamond, etc). Less competition on a character especially a niche character like Sombra, Bastion, Torb, Sym and at one point Mercy allows people to rank up to GM despite a losing record or even playing badly. They just have to out play the average person on the characters with enough hours put in.

Its why so many "mercy 1 tricks" (mains) are in GM now because no one played Mercy for most of Season 3 and Season 4 til they fixed SR gains for healers, but because of the low amount of competition on Mercy, people just massed 30-50 hours on Mercy only, and even with a 35-40% win rate you could rank up despite playing the character horribly because the amount of data to compare you to others was so low, the game ranking system thinks you are doing well.

If you actually watch the video you linked, that sym is actually get shyt on majority of the time, but despite being a liability to his team, he can still rank up because Blizzard ranking system is the worst in FPS history.

Basically the system rewards you for playing a niche hero despite losing efforts. It takes more than a few games for this though, takes hours, but if you got the patience and can stomach playing 1 character for so long - Play bastion, sym or sombra right now for the next 40 hours of game play and you will gain 300-500+ SR from where you are at right now even if you have a 40% win rate
All this is true but it's even worse. The real reason there are so many Mercy's in GM is because you can cheat the system by rezzing as many people as possible even when it hurts your team or pulling out your gun and doing damage or damage boosting when you should be healing. This lets them inflate their stats hugely and since the game doesn't know if you're in good position or pulling off good rezzes they just see you are getting way higher numbers than an average Mercy and they give you way more SR. Meanwhile youre fukking hurting your team heavily by doing this shyt. I've quit playing until they fix some of their problems.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Watching Seagull play Doomfist this could be real fukkery with the dive meta :ohhh:

It looks like a high skill cap character. Getting the timings right, learning when to use what ability to get the most mobility, etc.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sweet he has combos def playing

Calling it now tho, he's getting nerfed based on what I saw and the current meta.

He's damn near required currently

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Watching Seagull play Doomfist this could be real fukkery with the dive meta :ohhh:

It looks like a high skill cap character. Getting the timings right, learning when to use what ability to get the most mobility, etc.

Doomfist just makes Dive even better. Wtf blizz.
Sweet he has combos def playing

Calling it now tho, he's getting nerfed based on what I saw and the current meta.

He's damn near required currently

with more teams playing Sombra as a defensive support, she actually destroys Doomfist... Like tracer, once his mobility is gone, hes pretty worthless. So "in theory" in the current meta, both will be played a lot (which is what blizzard wants, new heroes being played a lot cause people will buy their skins). But I think Doomfist right now is still worth the pick over Sombra and most people dontk now how to play Sombra right, so Doomfist yes, in current meta will shine

They should have an overwatch anime. Those 2 minutes were entertaining.

come on, you know Blizzard, theyll make a Overwatch movie, 10 years from now, and then wonder why it flops after a decade after the initial buzz. Blizzard should be making an Overwatch movie AS WE SPEAK.

Do you know how big the Warcraft movie would been in 2007-2010 :mindblown:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when does the character go live though?

Edit: nvm I figured out the whole 'PTR' thing everyone keeps mentioning but failing to explain. Not sure I'd want to download/install another 10 gigs just to try out this 1 new character.....

Last edited: