Official Overwatch Thread

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
Yall brehs got any advice for winston?? Ive been trying to main him on some incredible hulk shyt but I get killed wayyyy to quick :snoop:

Don't put your shield down as soon as you land. Wait a second or two, put shield down, jump, reload while in the air, repeat.

Use melee to do quick burst damage to finish off weak characters. Landing on or near characters does damage too, so when you're falling aim to land on top of them to do extra damage.

Winston Tesla cannon doesn't do a lot of damage so don't try and take on full health characters. Your job as Winston is to kill people with low health as they try to escape. However Zen, Genji, Sombra, Hanzo, Widow, and Mercy should be easy kills if it's 1v1.

Your job is also to put pressure on the healers so they focus on you instead of healing their teammates.

Also, one of the problems with most Winston players is that they dive in just to die. Don't dive into 6 players or you're gonna die instantly. Know when to jump out and get a health pack.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's every healer?

no

both lucio and mercy have to be close to the fight to heal effectively. zenyatta can be far away and still shoot out his orbs

and zenyatta is easier to pick off because hes slow as fukk and cant speed or fly away like lucio/mercy can

zenyatta is the squishiest character in the game

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
I hate the fact that Blizzard nerf the level up system. It took me 3 days just to get from 22 to 25 so I can friggin go competitive. I should have copped this shyt on the PC during launch but smh, I ended up getting it for the Xbone.

josuke

Banned
Daps
i have to admit ever since i honed my mouse dpi/ingame sensitivity i am pretty good with dps, specifically mccree now.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
My widow is getting up there. Once i realized im not gonna land every head shot my accuracy has been increasing. Watched some tutorials and they be saying just take the shots as they come. If u got a team that will follow up on the damage widow puts out you can wipe teams fast as shyt. And the head shots u do get just means easy picks.

DirtyDee

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Mannnn I got overwatch last October didn't play it till now.

This game is the freshest FPS I've played in years.

Its a huge adjustment though. I've played Call of duty and Battlefield competitively for years. But Overwatch is very team oriented.
If you dont work together your done

Wait until you play the COD WAR mode :whew:

Overwatch's emphasis on teamwork is exemplary, tho.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yall brehs got any advice for winston?? Ive been trying to main him on some incredible hulk shyt but I get killed wayyyy to quick :snoop:

Avoid Reaper head on

If your in a one on one situation attack them leap behind them to finish them off

Try to use him only on capture the point.

Save your ultimate until the end of it's a tight match. Him going ape shyt and harassing everyone will be enough to secure a victory

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
good games @Zebruh even though every game feels 4v6 damn near.. :snoop:

I'm surprised we won half of thsoe games cause the 1st one started off horrible off top.

"Hog, can you play Winston? We'll have a super dive comp" "Ehhh, no." "Okay *switches off 2nd heal to be a 3rd tank*"
:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

Then the nikka had the nerve to ask if I've been calling out like I hadn't said exactly who I was discording the entire first round. fukk that shyt, we lost the round cause we weren't focusing shyt.

Then the fukkin Anubis match where nikkas pick Orisa, Widowmaker and Bastion...on ATTACK.

Me: "Ummm what's going on with these picks?"
My homeboy: "Yo uhhh what are we doing?"
Stupid Idiot: "Well don't complain, offer me a solution.":wtf::wtf::wtf:
Like...if we're not playing a Payload map, why ever pick Orisa or Bastion on fukking attack? "Well we're pushing so we need a bit more mobility and dive. Orisa is cool but she's better on defense than she is on offense."

Then dude still wanted to act like he wasn't being retarded with his picks. "Don't talk about the problems offer me solutions guys." No nikka just don't be a fukking problem. There's a difference between a comp just not working and needing to tweak the team and plain bad picks.

THEN having that DVA constantly go up against a Winston, Zarya, and Mei who can all damage right through her defense matrix(if she even puts it up) or just plain freeze her for damage dumps. The nikka stayed DVA the entire round until I had to tell him to switch. That's what I mean by nikkas don't know how to play this game. It's not necessarily mechanics they struggle with, it's the entire strategy piece. That's why I had to talk to some of these nikkas like children man. Instead of just coming out the gates like "Yall nikkas suck" I gotta talk to these grown ass men and/or women like "Yeah see that DVA won't work because all these other people damage right through your defense matrix, so we need to go with characters that can shield"

By no means am I an amazing player at this game....It's just amazing how retarded people are, and also how non-committed to healing the entire community is. Everybody thinks they can kill everything yet I had rounds where as Lucio im putting up gold damage. :dahell:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Stupid Idiot: "Well don't complain, offer me a solution."

I threw my hands up in the air in real life when he said that shyt :laff: how about dont be a reason to need a solution :mindblown:

The last game we lost I had like 30-40k damage :wtf: the DVA never matrixed not 1 single ult :mindblown: then switched to rein hart and I dont think landed 1 good earth shatter :mindblown: (im not sure he even earth shattered once the entire 2nd round) :mindblown:

enemy soldier ults
dva standing in front of him
SHOOTS HIM
2 people die, enemy soldier lives

why didnt you matrix :mindblown: :mindblown: we lost the point after that :mindblown:

By no means am I an amazing player at this game

yeah but honestly we dont belong in gold/plat either.. either we dont belong there and really belong in masters OR we really belong there and the people we play with belong in bronze.. its clear we are very very better players than our teammates no bias, just facts, someone dont belong in these ratings either us or them but this game just forces a 50% win ratio and its annoying

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I threw my hands up in the air in real life when he said that shyt :laff: how about dont be a reason to need a solution :mindblown:

The last game we lost I had like 30-40k damage :wtf: the DVA never matrixed not 1 single ult :mindblown: then switched to rein hart and I dont think landed 1 good earth shatter :mindblown: (im not sure he even earth shattered once the entire 2nd round) :mindblown:

enemy soldier ults
dva standing in front of him
SHOOTS HIM
2 people die, enemy soldier lives

why didnt you matrix :mindblown: :mindblown: we lost the point after that :mindblown:

yeah but honestly we dont belong in gold/plat either.. either we dont belong there and really belong in masters OR we really belong there and the people we play with belong in bronze.. its clear we are very very better players than our teammates no bias, just facts, someone dont belong in these ratings either us or them but this game just forces a 50% win ratio and its annoying

im a zarya main and a friend i play with a lot is a reaper main. whenever i see diva and orisa as the tanks on the other team :banderas: like free charge for me