Official Overwatch Thread

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've played competitive fps games all my life, I played CS since 1.4 beta, and I've played every fps in between, ghost recon, cod, moh allied assault, team fortress classic, avp2, etc etc, I have NEVER encountered a more toxic and annoying community than the one that plays Overwatch.. and that's really saying something. Even at low skill levels the players are incredibly toxic. Luckily the game has enough sound queues that i don't need to hear my teammates, I play this game with voice and chat muted and I just do call outs on my microphone. The game itself is incredibly fun and really well crafted otherwise I wouldn't be playing with the type of player base it attracts.
This community is so trash, I swear I had dudes on my team complaining and bytching as we were winning rounds 3-0 :why:.

My theory on why the community is so bad is that many of the Overwatch players are probably coming over from World of Warcraft (another Blizzard game). MMOs tend to have very....very bad communities. They make 10 year old CoD players look like saints. Alot of MMO players are unsavory social rejects with non-existent social skills. So I think some of those people are now playing Overwatch.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My theory on why the community is so bad is that many of the Overwatch players are probably coming over from World of Warcraft (another Blizzard game). MMOs tend to have very....very bad communities. They make 10 year old CoD players look like saints. Alot of MMO players are unsavory social rejects with non-existent social skills. So I think some of those people are now playing Overwatch.

Man I realized that when one dikkhead on my team was ranting how "******s are the reason for all the bad things in the world" after a 1-1 set on defense

Muted everyone and threw the game as attack widow:mjgrin:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I played against a team that had 3 tanks (i.e.: D.Va, Roadhog, I think a Bastion or an Osira can't remember). Someone on my team remarked that the other team was 'tank stacking'. First time I heard that phrase. Seems like a very effective strategy. They fukking murdered us and wouldn't let us leave the spawn area.

Last edited:

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero

But the WoW community isn't as as bad as overwatch. Some of them are playing overwatch but not enough to where you'd find them in ranked tbh. Most of them didn't even really play an fps before shockingly enough

Pifford

All Star
Daps
:stopitslime::stopitslime::stopitslime: If you are diamond and you play comp with your shytty ass friends who are probably only in low gold from playing with you, you are a fakkit. I got back to 2700 and like clockwork started getting on teams with groups of 1 diamond and 2-3 golds with awful stats, then the golds lock Genji, Hog, Soldier etc, characters who benefit from not sucking total dikk, and we just get rolled. If you want to do play with your terrible friends, keep that shyt in QP. there needs to be a solo queue only comp like a motherfukker

To reinforce what I said here, I got up to 2918, was thinking "holy fukk, maybe I'll actually hit diamond tonight! " Whatever higher power exists in this universe must have read my mind and been like

"
mark-henry-finger.gif
"

Next game is on King's row, and of course we have a group of a diamond (dude was actually back down to like 2650) and his friend who was like 2100. Our average SR was over 100 less than the other team, and surprise surprise, the hardly even in gold dude locks soldier. I check his soldier stats: 30% accuracy and 1.6 k/d. The other team of course ran Pharmercy, I'm sure you can guess how the rest went

Then the next match was on Nepal. We lost the first round but it was incredibly close, so some guy switches to Widow and starts spamming thanks and never leaves spawn for the rest of the game. Needless to say, I'm back down in the low 2800s, and would probably be lower if I hadn't stopped playing

Last edited:

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
I played against a team that had 3 tanks (i.e.: D.Va, Roadhog, I think a Bastion or an Osira can't remember). Someone on my team remarked that the other team was 'tank stacking'. First time I heard that phrase. Seems like a very effective strategy. They fukking murdered us and wouldn't let us leave the spawn area.
well bastion isnt a tank so it must of been orisa.

ive seen a few 3 tank teams before. On defense I wouldnt mind 3 tanks, 2 healers 1 dps

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yooooooooooooooooooooooo lmaoooo. I was just part of the most godly play of all time.

I was Sombra don't remember the name of the map but we had to push the payload. The game was at its last leg but my team had trouble pushing up. I snuck to the enemy's side and EMP'd everyone. Then an Ana on my team used her special (which enhances your offense) on a Pharah (also on our team) as she was flying up. The Pharah used her special immediately after and killed everyone.

That shyt was a perfect sequence of events 1 after another. It was magically. Like some tag team DBZ shyt. I almost cried man. shyt was art.

SilverSamurai

All Star
Daps
Yooooooooooooooooooooooo lmaoooo. I was just part of the most godly play of all time.

I was Sombra don't remember the name of the map but we had to push the payload. The game was at its last leg but my team had trouble pushing up. I snuck to the enemy's side and EMP'd everyone. Then an Ana on my team used her special (which enhances your offense) on a Pharah (also on our team) as she was flying up. The Pharah used her special immediately after and killed everyone.

That shyt was a perfect sequence of events 1 after another. It was magically. Like some tag team DBZ shyt. I almost cried man. shyt was art.
I remember someone used Mei's ultimate and then I went in with Pharah's :blessed:

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up

When you end the match and that shyt happens and then team kill pops up. shyt is a good feeling

MarcusDigital

Being Real Till Aint No Real Left
Daps

:dead::dead:

Thats what I be on breh. I just started playing competitive 3 days ago. shyt is lit as hell.

When everybody got mics
And the communication is there
:blessed::blessed:
Ultimates being Saved for the last push

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps

the other day i had a sombra who literally terrorized me the entire game as lucio. I was literally hacked 95% of the game and couldn't use abilities. she wasn't only fukking me up either, she was fukking our whole team up and not one time did a teammate switch to winston to just fukking spam his gun near my vicinity to stop it from happening. drove me insane. it is always awesome when ultimate's get coordinated like that.

MarcusDigital

Being Real Till Aint No Real Left
Daps
Mannnn I got overwatch last October didn't play it till now.

This game is the freshest FPS I've played in years.

Its a huge adjustment though. I've played Call of duty and Battlefield competitively for years. But Overwatch is very team oriented.
If you dont work together your done