Official Overwatch Thread

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Placements don't matter so don't sweat em. You have a hidden match making rating (MMR) and even if you go 10-0 or 0-10 the game will give you the proper SR for each win or loss after your placements until your MMR and SR are close to equal. So you'll see some people getting like 50 sr per win and some people getting 5 sr. If you're getting high SR than you're better than your competitive ranking and the game is catching you up. If you're getting low SR than you're probably worse than your competitive rating.

If you really wanna get a rating you don't deserve then make a new account and level it up to 25 only playing Arcade because quick play is too unpredictable. Then in competitive main an off meta character that you're really good with (sombra, torb, symm, junkrat etc.) and the game compares your stats to other people playing that character and since it's off meta you have less competition. There was a top 500 Sombra one trick(meaning they only played that character) last season with a 44% win rate but because they were way better than most Sombras they would get more SR for wins and less SR for losses. I think it's dumb as fukk but that's why you see so many high ranked people playing stupid fukking characters.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Placements don't matter so don't sweat em. You have a hidden match making rating (MMR) and even if you go 10-0 or 0-10 the game will give you the proper SR for each win or loss after your placements until your MMR and SR are close to equal. So you'll see some people getting like 50 sr per win and some people getting 5 sr. If you're getting high SR than you're better than your competitive ranking and the game is catching you up. If you're getting low SR than you're probably worse than your competitive rating.

If you really wanna get a rating you don't deserve then make a new account and level it up to 25 only playing Arcade because quick play is too unpredictable. Then in competitive main an off meta character that you're really good with (sombra, torb, symm, junkrat etc.) and the game compares your stats to other people playing that character and since it's off meta you have less competition. There was a top 500 Sombra one trick(meaning they only played that character) last season with a 44% win rate but because they were way better than most Sombras they would get more SR for wins and less SR for losses. I think it's dumb as fukk but that's why you see so many high ranked people playing stupid fukking characters.
aka the system is trash

ive never seen a system that doesnt start everyone fresh slate every new season :mindblown:

even in their other games everyone starts fresh :mindblown:

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aka the system is trash

ive never seen a system that doesnt start everyone fresh slate every new season :mindblown:

even in their other games everyone starts fresh :mindblown:
Their argument is this way you don't get Grand Masters playing against bronze in placements. People tilt and get discouraged so easily that getting stomped by a grand master would just lead them to the forums just as quickly to complain. I think a bigger priority is harsher punishments for throwers, leavers and racists. People need to grasp that this is a fukking team game and not call of duty where they can be lone wolves during matches.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
these placements are so fukking stupid man. I just played with a team who wouldn't switch off torbjorn and hanzo while the other team was continually flanking with genji/tracer and destroying them both. I've lost 6/7 of my placement matches. CONSISTENTLY getting STOMPED out. Consistent retarded fukking teammates who refuse to change heroes to counter the other team. I got 3200+ last season I have to be in the 1500s in these placement matches. No way am I near that MMR.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
got placed at 2800...first game of 2800 our comp is lucio (me), ana, winston, tracer, genji, widowmaker

.........................................................................................................

we got demolished, dude on my team leaves the game. tracer genji and widowmaker would not switch to tanks, they were not grouped. I don't understand.

Daps
got placed at 2800...first game of 2800 our comp is lucio (me), ana, winston, tracer, genji, widowmaker

.........................................................................................................

we got demolished, dude on my team leaves the game. tracer genji and widowmaker would not switch to tanks, they were not grouped. I don't understand.

arent u like master level? Just play soldier and carry

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Last season i got placed in like 3600 even thought i didnt win that many placement matches lol , so far im 2-1 on my placement so far.

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
I legit played 2 back to back games with a hanzo main. 2ND game I grabbed hanzo so he couldn't use it and he took forever to pick cause he didn't know who to use. Then he said " why are you bullying me?" can I please have hanzo :/"

Legit crying to play a character :gucci:

Yeah Im done

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
arent u like master level? Just play soldier and carry

Man even pro players cant carry in this game.. its 6v6.. 3v3 you might be able to carry but 6v6 its even if you get a pick or two and die yourself, you still see the rest of your team struggle 4v5 :gucci:

shyt is weird as hell I cant explain peoples play in this game 90% of the time when we lose a point :gucci:

in my head half the time playing this game

"why are you so far over extended"
"where is half my team"
"why did you ult just now"
"hes 1 hit, hes 1 hit, just melee him" *realizes majority of people dont know how to melee or use it so infrequently that they are uncomfortable using it a lot*
"how did we lose the point 5v3 :gucci: "
"why is our mercy dead with res "
*joins game, people insta lock genji, hanzo and widow maker or junkrat or torb.. none of the 3 want to switch* " :why: "

I mean you can even communicate well

"everyone go right side when you get past the choke point"

4 people follow the tank

1 person goes left... and gets picked off instantly, leaving it either 5v6 or we have to hold off til he respawns wasting time

:wtf:

why?? what ?? whats the point of rebelling and not following the rest of the team :mindblown:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Man even pro players cant carry in this game.. its 6v6.. 3v3 you might be able to carry but 6v6 its even if you get a pick or two and die yourself, you still see the rest of your team struggle 4v5 :gucci:

shyt is weird as hell I cant explain peoples play in this game 90% of the time when we lose a point :gucci:

in my head half the time playing this game

"why are you so far over extended"
"where is half my team"
"why did you ult just now"
"hes 1 hit, hes 1 hit, just melee him" *realizes majority of people dont know how to melee or use it so infrequently that they are uncomfortable using it a lot*
"how did we lose the point 5v3 :gucci: "
"why is our mercy dead with res "
*joins game, people insta lock genji, hanzo and widow maker or junkrat or torb.. none of the 3 want to switch* " :why: "

I mean you can even communicate well

"everyone go right side when you get past the choke point"

4 people follow the tank

1 person goes left... and gets picked off instantly, leaving it either 5v6 or we have to hold off til he respawns wasting time

:wtf:

why?? what ?? whats the point of rebelling and not following the rest of the team :mindblown:

Game is def best played with a group of 2 or 3 so you can coordinate your team even if the other cats are fools. I just started rocking this week and I'm enjoying it but when I run solo, I run into the same chaos you mention above to a T fam.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Their argument is this way you don't get Grand Masters playing against bronze in placements. People tilt and get discouraged so easily that getting stomped by a grand master would just lead them to the forums just as quickly to complain. I think a bigger priority is harsher punishments for throwers, leavers and racists. People need to grasp that this is a fukking team game and not call of duty where they can be lone wolves during matches.

Yea I don't get why their matchmaking system at all. I would understand it if it was a 1v1 comp game like fighting or sports. And I'm not saying this game is easy or noobish, but is the skill gap really that high? It's not a particular hard or steep learning curve. Especially since it's a team game. This community is one of the most bizarre I've ever seen. I mean you got a$$holes in COD and cornballs in 2K, SF, etc. But this community is so joyless and weird. Everything is so serious. People are crying about this and that all the time. I don't get it

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm starting to like Tracer but she has low ammo capacity. I found myself reloading too many times. I get an enemy down to their last bit of health and have to reload.