Official Overwatch Thread

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This fukking game smh. Ended last season on my main account at 2400, getting the most trash fukking teams and 4 and 5 stacks where nobody goes healer and shyt. Went 5-4-1 in qualifiers and got 2269:pacspit:. I carried my team EVERY fukking game and had 3+ golds 8/10 matches. Meanwhile, if I make an alt and get it to 25, I get high platinum every single time. Don't even want to play on my main anymore, but I have all my event skins and shyt.

I don't understand why some people even play this game, it can't be fun when you're so fukking trash. I would rather get 6 randoms than a 5 stack, half the time it's 5 fakkits who can't aim to save their life. If the other team has a Tracer or a Pharah, it's usually a wrap because I'll be the only person who can even fukking hit them :mjcry:. How you get to level 400+ and can't even aim but you lock in Soldier

the ELO/matching system is on a bell curve. The system is legit made in place to try its best to keep you 50/50 win ratio with a slightly higher chance to decrease in rank than to increase in rank to maintain its balance for new players entering ranked mode.

theirs so many bad players because 80% of the player population is between 1500-3000 rating. 80% of 30 million people is a lot. So someone 2400 rating really should be 3400 and another person whose 2400 should really be 900 but the system trys to enforce a 50/50 win ratio to back up the bell curve so when someone loses say 3 games in a row at 2400 rating because tehy are fukking horrible at this game and dips down to 2250 rating, they place them with other players who are on a 3+ game win streak to balance the team out (2500-2600 players). So then they win again, and back to 2400, even though they should NOT be 2400. And since the person on the 3 game losing streak really should be like 900 rating, it leaves a harder carry load for the other 5 players to win the game so if they lose, then they stay the same rank or around there (as example)

its the dumbest fukking system int he world for a team game.

it only works in chess because its 1vs1

sometimes its not even the aim, even though I did just play with one of the worst soldiers ive ever played with in my life (2600 rated soldier) , but the hero choices as well.. Very few people know how to counter pick the enemy heroes and to me it blows my mind :mindblown: because it seems like such a easy concept

they have a soldier or hanzo and a widow maker and im a pharah... common sense says you should switch to winston or at least dva to counter them right ?

Nah majority of people that play this game just die over and over and over on pharah for all 3 rounds making it essentially 5v6 (as example)

frustrates me because why even hit competitive play if you going to be that player ? Go play quick play or some shyt

this games community, is bar none THE WORST set of overall general players combined with sensitive people it hruts my head to almost think about it

"hey I dont think soldier is working out for you this game man could you switch to another hero?"
"hey they got a winston and a symetra.. they counter genji hard, they dont have hit scan would you mind switching to pharah or even soldier?"

then you get hit with the "man you are toxic (why is this word so popular? ) " :what:
"let him play what he wants to play" :wtf:

man fukk all yall sensitive hoe ass players :pacspit:

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Finished last season at 2900. Went 6-2-2 ties. Placed at 2645.

It goes by your MMR. If you do good in placements u get placed a bit higher. Do bad and you get placed a bit lower.

Looking to get diamond this season!!

Im also finally starting to see the light with Sombra on 2 cp maps :wow:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Finished last season at 2900. Went 6-2-2 ties. Placed at 2645.

It goes by your MMR. If you do good in placements u get placed a bit higher. Do bad and you get placed a bit lower.

Looking to get diamond this season!!

Im also finally starting to see the light with Sombra on 2 cp maps :wow:

its not based on YOUR MMR 100% its based on ENEMY MMR as well, example if im 3000 rating, and I play against a duo of 3000 rating and 1200 rating (this actually happened today, except they were both on my team) in placements and lose, the game will now think my MMR might be in more in the 2200 range(even after 1 just placement match). So the next game they will put you against more of a mix of gold and plat players 2200-2800 rating (even though you are diamond) to test you (and see if you really were 3000 rating or do you belong in 2200 bracket) and if you happen to lose that one....

tenor.gif

its over for your diamond MMR til you go on a massive win streak

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
its not based on YOUR MMR 100% its based on ENEMY MMR as well, example if im 3000 rating, and I play against a duo of 3000 rating and 1200 rating (this actually happened today, except they were both on my team) in placements and lose, the game will now think my MMR might be in more in the 2200 range(even after 1 just placement match). So the next game they will put you against more of a mix of gold and plat players 2200-2800 rating (even though you are diamond) to test you (and see if you really were 3000 rating or do you belong in 2200 bracket) and if you happen to lose that one....

tenor.gif

its over for your diamond MMR til you go on a massive win streak

:ohhh:
:scust:

Holy shyt that explains alot. I was grouped with a plat and a silver and we lost and i got grouped with like 3 silvers after that. Luckily i went Phara and just killed everything.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:scust:

Holy shyt that explains alot. I was grouped with a plat and a silver and we lost and i got grouped with like 3 silvers after that. Luckily i went Phara and just killed everything.

the system is legit horrible. Not even on some complaining because frustrated type shyt.. I mean, the system is LEGIT the worst possible rating system for a TEAM game.

you are INDIVIDUALLY ranked but it is dependent on the play of OTHER people out of your control :mindblown:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
the system is legit horrible. Not even on some complaining because frustrated type shyt.. I mean, the system is LEGIT the worst possible rating system for a TEAM game.

you are INDIVIDUALLY ranked but it is dependent on the play of OTHER people out of your control :mindblown:
:ohhh::picard::whoo::jbhmm::deadmanny:

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
2-4. Always leading in gold. Playing with one trick ponies and a dude who legit kept saying he was dead which was why he wasn't I'm voice chat. A deaf nikka playing a game that requires sound. Reported his ass for trolling

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
next game 2 fukking leavers. Really starting to hate overwatch. Might be done with comp after this season :dead:

Edit. Game after that 3 of them left :ahh: karma

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
This game community :mjcry: multiple times a day im just either :mindblown: at the stupidity or just :wow: at how people react to criticism

if this game is a reflection of the younger generation as a whole being brought up, the world is fukkED in the near future

OmegaZero

Zero
Daps
This game community :mjcry: multiple times a day im just either :mindblown: at the stupidity or just :wow: at how people react to criticism

if this game is a reflection of the younger generation as a whole being brought up, the world is fukkED in the near future
Yo, sometime I wonder if people are trolling or just damn stubborn. I get so tilted when a pharah is getting violated by a 76 or Mecree and that person sticks with the character the WHOLE time. My favorite is seeing a person auto pick Genji, gets violated by Winston the entire match, then switch when the match is over. Its like playing rock, paper, scissors. Why the flying fukk are you flinging out rock when the enemy is using paper the whole damn time.

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I'm officially done with this shyt. It's just a damn time sink. Can't cope with the trashness of the community for this game. Y'all have already broken down the issues I have with it. No point in raising my blood pressure if I don't have to.

OmegaZero

Zero
Daps
Just recently, I was in a comp match with my pals and the one random picked Junkrat. My group knew that some to most people in the OW community are sensitive as hell to character recommendations, so we asked the random if he believed that junkrat is good for attack. He said, "Dont worry, I have a great Junkrat :banderas:". We were like, okay, and of course the other team had a D. Va and a Zarya. The random stayed with Junkrat the entire damn time and was straight silent since he knew he wasnt doing shyt.