Official Overwatch Thread

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
For some reason I been pretty heavy on this past 2-3 weeks. More so than I've been in a good min. Also been noticing some trends that have been occurring a lot more than from what I used to see.

People refusing to pick a healer. This has been happening since the beta days, but it's gotten worst from what I've seen. Like literally every other match :dead:

Used to be a Hanzo every match, now there's very large chance a Widowmaker will join him. The mindset 2 snipers in every kind of match and situation is beyond me :heh:

If I pick first and go with attack, we'lol most likely have a team of 5 attackers n 1 healer/defense :bryan:

Still have fun tho. Even tho I tend to drink more while playing this game :dame:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Finally platinum :blessed: been a long journey :wow: Started season 2200, got to 2450 about 5+ different times, dipped down to 1850-1900 2-3 times :francis:

playing with diamonds/plat, im still carrying games :francis: this still aint my real rank and that they real rank :francis:

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just got this for my gaming PC. Anything I need to know? I've been playing as D.Va and that other character with the stationary turret.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm trying to practice against hard AI and it's impossible. They have aimbot and kill me almost instantly wtf am I supposed to do?

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
I'm trying to practice against hard AI and it's impossible. They have aimbot and kill me almost instantly wtf am I supposed to do?
Might not be the best practice imo. Unless you're trying to get used to a certain character. It will get ur reflexes up but that's about it I feel. No human player is gonna play like that.

That AI is just gonna get u even more mad at this game :heh:

Edit: saw ur other post if you just getting the game. It's worth it to get used to the game but that online exp will still help you more.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Might not be the best practice imo. Unless you're trying to get used to a certain character. It will get ur reflexes up but that's about it I feel. No human player is gonna play like that.

That AI is just gonna get u even more mad at this game :heh:

Edit: saw ur other post if you just getting the game. It's worth it to get used to the game but that online exp will still help you more.

Kinda afraid to play against human players. I get the impression that everyone is some kind of super elite MLG pro who knows everything about the game. I watch people play on twitch and they take this shyt too seriously.

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kinda afraid to play against human players. I get the impression that everyone is some kind of super elite MLG pro who knows everything about the game. I watch people play on twitch and they take this shyt too seriously.

Playing against real ppl gonna be the best thing for you. Play comp and don't stress or tilt too much, try to stay positive. Have a pool of heroes you're good at and stick to that. Be willing to flex based on what the team needs, but also stay within your game

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Saw your on PC. I would help show u some things, but Im on PS4. Try and get on a squad that will help you adapt more. There's resources online out there that can link u up with people in similar situations. I've never tried it, but dudes on here have and can help u more with that.

skylake

Pro
Daps

Practice in Quick Play and do whatever you want. You'll learn and improve much faster and nobody really cares about winning/losing there.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Playing against real ppl gonna be the best thing for you. Play comp and don't stress or tilt too much, try to stay positive. Have a pool of heroes you're good at and stick to that. Be willing to flex based on what the team needs, but also stay within your game
This. Also try to have 1-2 heroes of each class you're good with or feel comfortable playing with. That way you can fill a role if needed.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is unplayable to me. I'm on a loooong ass losing streak (think I lost 20+ games in a row). I try playing the objective hard but my teammates are nowhere to be seen. So I end up getting ganged up on by a well organized, well coordinated enemy team.

Uno

Superstar
Daps
This shyt is unplayable to me. I'm on a loooong ass losing streak (think I lost 20+ games in a row). I try playing the objective hard but my teammates are nowhere to be seen. So I end up getting ganged up on by a well organized, well coordinated enemy team.

Play Mercy and you'll be ranked high in comp in no time.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
It's tough for new players. Best thing for you is to group with another person and just play games. Learn the strategies, watch youtube and twitch. It's a slow process and its extremely frustrating but the game is rewarding once you have the strategy down. Mechanical skill in my experience is a mix of the right equipment (high FPS, big enough mouse pad, right sensitivity, correct button mapping and mouse) and practice.