Official Overwatch Thread

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Overwatch more aim intensive than CSGO or even TF2 :gucci:

There are a shyt ton of ex pro CSGO and TF2 players that the easily dominate in Overwatch. A decent sniper from TF2 or CSGO destroys with McCree, 76, or Widow :gucci:
:gucci: on the flip side i see a lot of pro csgo players struggle against fast paced heroes like tracer

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
:gucci: on the flip side i see a lot of pro csgo players struggle against fast paced heroes like tracer
This is true. I am not a big fan of these comparisons. The two games are very different. Overwatch is way more fast paced. The muscle memory you built up from playing CSGO doesnt necessarily mean you'll be a beast McCree or Soldier. Counter Strike is also a very planar game when compared to Overwatch.

Gonzo

Banned
Daps
Reppin
USA
I love tearing shyt up in elimination. They really need to focus and capitalize on the deathmatch aspect of the game. Like, longer matches, more maps and more people in a match!

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
This is true. I am not a big fan of these comparisons. The two games are very different. Overwatch is way more fast paced. The muscle memory you built up from playing CSGO doesnt necessarily mean you'll be a beast McCree or Soldier. Counter Strike is also a very planar game when compared to Overwatch.

Yeah I can see CSGO people struggling, but anyone coming from TF2 wont struggle a lot.

Tracer is basically scout, Zarya is all tracking aim like Heavy, Torb is a shytty version of Engie, McCree is basically Spy with the Ambassador, Mercy is Medic, etc.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I can see CSGO people struggling, but anyone coming from TF2 wont struggle a lot.

Tracer is basically scout, Zarya is all tracking aim like Heavy, Torb is a shytty version of Engie, McCree is basically Spy with the Ambassador, Mercy is Medic, etc.
I never played TF2 so I can't speak on that.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
2875. :mjcry:

how low can i go :mjcry:

going back to world of warcraft :mjgrin:

EDIT: I am now 2734 capped at 3240. I officially retire this season. I just can't deal with the trolls. People picking torb/bastion/symm on attack, people trying to make it work with a Lucio solo healing and refusing to switch to a pick that's beneficial to the team. One trick pony players who can't do shyt when their hero gets picked. People who think it's a bright idea to switch after a win (Example: People switching from Rein to a fukking Pharah) just to lose the game altogether. People choosing a Pharah against 2 hitscan DPS, people picking a Winston or a Hog against a Reaper. Hanzo and Widow picks with them not actually getting kills themselves. The Mei "mains". Players insisting on not staying with the tanks and running in alone. The worst part is that you can actually report people for being clowns in competitive because it's a play to win mode and you are supposed to do what's best for the team, so technically it's griefing. But I don't even thing you'd get anyone banned for that because Blizzard is more focused on cheaters/harassment.

All of this is in the Diamond bracket. Diamond is not a goal to be reached. I am actually jealous of the Master tier players and up because at that level everyone is playing to win while the lower tiers have fukkarounds. This game has so much potential but it's the community that ruins it. They need a teambuilder setting for the ranked games or something. I have learned how to play every tank and healer outside of Ana due to trying to pick up the slack for everyone else while they do what they want and still just can't consistently win. I know I have bad games here and there but most of the time I play well to where I'm not getting carried. It's not just medals, I'm blocking plenty of damage and getting plenty of healing numbers. Even with Zarya I'm getting usually 5k and above damage blocked and plenty of golds.

bacarti's Overwatch Profile

Uninstalled. I feel like I'm always fighting with my own team for them to act right or hoping I get lucky with who I'm matched with. I've had better teammate experiences in League of Legends and Counter-Strike and that's saying ALOT.

7Kml8G1.gif

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

EDIT: I am now 2734 capped at 3240. I officially retire this season. I just can't deal with the trolls. People picking torb/bastion/symm on attack, people trying to make it work with a Lucio solo healing and refusing to switch to a pick that's beneficial to the team. One trick pony players who can't do shyt when their hero gets picked. People who think it's a bright idea to switch after a win (Example: People switching from Rein to a fukking Pharah) just to lose the game altogether. People choosing a Pharah against 2 hitscan DPS, people picking a Winston or a Hog against a Reaper. Hanzo and Widow picks with them not actually getting kills themselves. The Mei "mains". Players insisting on not staying with the tanks and running in alone. The worst part is that you can actually report people for being clowns in competitive because it's a play to win mode and you are supposed to do what's best for the team, so technically it's griefing. But I don't even thing you'd get anyone banned for that because Blizzard is more focused on cheaters/harassment.

All of this is in the Diamond bracket. Diamond is not a goal to be reached. I am actually jealous of the Master tier players and up because at that level everyone is playing to win while the lower tiers have fukkarounds. This game has so much potential but it's the community that ruins it. They need a teambuilder setting for the ranked games or something. I have learned how to play every tank and healer outside of Ana due to trying to pick up the slack for everyone else while they do what they want and still just can't consistently win. I know I have bad games here and there but most of the time I play well to where I'm not getting carried. It's not just medals, I'm blocking plenty of damage and getting plenty of healing numbers. Even with Zarya I'm getting usually 5k and above damage blocked and plenty of golds.

Uninstalled. I feel like I'm always fighting with my own team for them to act right or hoping I get lucky with who I'm matched with. I've had better teammate experiences in League of Legends and Counter-Strike and that's saying ALOT.

7Kml8G1.gif

they need to improve original placements + get rid of win / loss streak "bonuses"

once you lose 2-3 games in a row you might as well uninstall the game for the season honestly..

on the flip side, if you win 2-3 games in a row, the match making system will think you are the best player in the world and have you with 5 bad players because they think your win streak counts more than team work. This game just cant compensate for 5 other players

its just an honestly horrible system

Vaulkner

Banned
Daps
they need to improve original placements + get rid of win / loss streak "bonuses"

once you lose 2-3 games in a row you might as well uninstall the game for the season honestly..

on the flip side, if you win 2-3 games in a row, the match making system will think you are the best player in the world and have you with 5 bad players because they think your win streak counts more than team work. This game just cant compensate for 5 other players

its just an honestly horrible system

Play competitive solo brehs :busta:

Vaulkner

Banned
Daps
the player base on PC is so big if you duo que during most hours you'll face 3 x 2 player squads on other team..

Breh i wouldnt even consider queuing up for ranked if i didnt have a squad of at least 4, the vast majority of randoms are just too retarded :snoop:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
the thing is it depends on what class they're playing, mcree? flashbang the hoe and shoot her in the face, but if you're playing soldier she's hard to hit if the tracer is well played. whenever an enemy tracer is destroying our team i instantly switch to mcrree and it usually takes care of the problem. But that's also why they made hitboxes bigger on heroes like tracer who move so fast. But comparing cs and this game is stupid anyway, they're so much different. I would say CS is more aim intensive simply because the hitboxes are much smaller. But the speed of tracer can be difficult to deal with at times. It's also different because in overwatch you can take a bunch of damage and either fall back or get healed. There's no regenerating health in CS, you get shot in the head and its over.
the player base on PC is so big if you duo que during most hours you'll face 3 x 2 player squads on other team..
yeah its actually easier to solo queue because if you queue with someone else you're just going to go against people who are queued together...I keep getting up to 3000 rating then dropping like 400+ points then going back up :russ: I've just learned to not give a fukk about rating and enjoy playing.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

7Kml8G1.gif

:mjlol: My God breh calm down