Official Overwatch Thread

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
2875. :mjcry:

how low can i go :mjcry:

going back to world of warcraft :mjgrin:

EDIT: I am now 2734 capped at 3240. I officially retire this season. I just can't deal with the trolls. People picking torb/bastion/symm on attack, people trying to make it work with a Lucio solo healing and refusing to switch to a pick that's beneficial to the team. One trick pony players who can't do shyt when their hero gets picked. People who think it's a bright idea to switch after a win (Example: People switching from Rein to a fukking Pharah) just to lose the game altogether. People choosing a Pharah against 2 hitscan DPS, people picking a Winston or a Hog against a Reaper. Hanzo and Widow picks with them not actually getting kills themselves. The Mei "mains". Players insisting on not staying with the tanks and running in alone. The worst part is that you can actually report people for being clowns in competitive because it's a play to win mode and you are supposed to do what's best for the team, so technically it's griefing. But I don't even thing you'd get anyone banned for that because Blizzard is more focused on cheaters/harassment.

All of this is in the Diamond bracket. Diamond is not a goal to be reached. I am actually jealous of the Master tier players and up because at that level everyone is playing to win while the lower tiers have fukkarounds. This game has so much potential but it's the community that ruins it. They need a teambuilder setting for the ranked games or something. I have learned how to play every tank and healer outside of Ana due to trying to pick up the slack for everyone else while they do what they want and still just can't consistently win. I know I have bad games here and there but most of the time I play well to where I'm not getting carried. It's not just medals, I'm blocking plenty of damage and getting plenty of healing numbers. Even with Zarya I'm getting usually 5k and above damage blocked and plenty of golds.

bacarti's Overwatch Profile

Uninstalled. I feel like I'm always fighting with my own team for them to act right or hoping I get lucky with who I'm matched with. I've had better teammate experiences in League of Legends and Counter-Strike and that's saying ALOT.

7Kml8G1.gif
:mjlol:

I only play comp once a week. If I lose 3 games I back out and do something else. Not letting this game put me on Lisinopril :lolbron:
There's some dikkheads on there. Slow climb >> ranking up quickly and enduring the worst this game has to offer

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
they need to improve original placements + get rid of win / loss st
reak "bonuses"

once you lose 2-3 games in a row you might as well uninstall the game for the season honestly..

on the flip side, if you win 2-3 games in a row, the match making system will think you are the best player in the world and have you with 5 bad players because they think your win streak counts more than team work. This game just cant compensate for 5 other players

its just an honestly horrible system

i've lost like 600 rating the past 2 days :russ: i dont give a fukk anymore. fukk it.

:mjlol: My God breh calm down

:mjlol:

I only play comp once a week. If I lose 3 games I back out and do something else. Not letting this game put me on Lisinopril :lolbron:
There's some dikkheads on there. Slow climb >> ranking up quickly and enduring the worst this game has to offer

I just can't stand trolls in this game, the game isn't fun without a decent team comp. It's why I can't stand quick play. I wouldn't even mind losing if people would just actually take ranked serious like how it's supposed to.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I just can't stand trolls in this game, the game isn't fun without a decent team comp. It's why I can't stand quick play. I wouldn't even mind losing if people would just actually take ranked serious like how it's supposed to.
Quick play is actually still fun to me. I feel like a large portion of this player base does not respect the game. They treat every mode as their own personal playground. Especially quickplay. I used to care but I just stopped. Running into a decent comp or carrying within the confines of the team is fun and has helped me get better at heroes I wouldn't normally play. The brawls are good for this too.

But shyt we gotta queue soon. I think a good 3 memeber team is good to win a few games. I might actually hit platinum soon if the stars alight. 300 SR away.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
Quick play is actually still fun to me. I feel like a large portion of this player base does not respect the game. They treat every mode as their own personal playground. Especially quickplay. I used to care but I just stopped. Running into a decent comp or carrying within the confines of the team is fun and has helped me get better at heroes I wouldn't normally play. The brawls are good for this too.

But shyt we gotta queue soon. I think a good 3 memeber team is good to win a few games. I might actually hit platinum soon if the stars alight. 300 SR away.

3 man queue isn't the answer in my experience. There has been times where I've done that and even 4 queued just to have that one guy decide he wants to be a problem to the team. I'll play with you sometime but I really am just burned out on the game.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
3 man queue isn't the answer in my experience. There has been times where I've done that and even 4 queued just to have that one guy decide he wants to be a problem to the team. I'll play with you sometime but I really am just burned out on the game.
3 is the most I do. Usually it's 2. Lol but I feel you. Overwatch got nikkas losing friends and shyt :russ:

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
2875. :mjcry:

how low can i go :mjcry:

going back to world of warcraft :mjgrin:

EDIT: I am now 2734 capped at 3240. I officially retire this season. I just can't deal with the trolls. People picking torb/bastion/symm on attack, people trying to make it work with a Lucio solo healing and refusing to switch to a pick that's beneficial to the team. One trick pony players who can't do shyt when their hero gets picked. People who think it's a bright idea to switch after a win (Example: People switching from Rein to a fukking Pharah) just to lose the game altogether. People choosing a Pharah against 2 hitscan DPS, people picking a Winston or a Hog against a Reaper. Hanzo and Widow picks with them not actually getting kills themselves. The Mei "mains". Players insisting on not staying with the tanks and running in alone. The worst part is that you can actually report people for being clowns in competitive because it's a play to win mode and you are supposed to do what's best for the team, so technically it's griefing. But I don't even thing you'd get anyone banned for that because Blizzard is more focused on cheaters/harassment.

All of this is in the Diamond bracket. Diamond is not a goal to be reached. I am actually jealous of the Master tier players and up because at that level everyone is playing to win while the lower tiers have fukkarounds. This game has so much potential but it's the community that ruins it. They need a teambuilder setting for the ranked games or something. I have learned how to play every tank and healer outside of Ana due to trying to pick up the slack for everyone else while they do what they want and still just can't consistently win. I know I have bad games here and there but most of the time I play well to where I'm not getting carried. It's not just medals, I'm blocking plenty of damage and getting plenty of healing numbers. Even with Zarya I'm getting usually 5k and above damage blocked and plenty of golds.

bacarti's Overwatch Profile

Uninstalled. I feel like I'm always fighting with my own team for them to act right or hoping I get lucky with who I'm matched with. I've had better teammate experiences in League of Legends and Counter-Strike and that's saying ALOT.

7Kml8G1.gif

Pretty much sums up where I'm at with the game as well. Had to leave it alone for a while.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Watched some pro players on twitch last night. I never do that shyt. But damn, these nikkas like some savants :why:

I was impressed. The hours alone they put into the game is crazy.

Pifford

All Star
Daps
I made a new account on a 2 day trial just for shyts and giggles, I am truly blown away by how awful and delusional the player base is. I'm like level 220, rank 2700ish on main, and I have dudes who are like rank 1700 trying to tell me who to pick in quick play. Then I get on some team where I'm level 10 and everyone else is 200+, and they fukking SUCK. I can't fathom taking the time to hit level 500 and sucking so badly. I have gotten multiple golds literally almost every round. Can't believe I used to take comp seriously, no wonder I got pissed off

Then there's the time to find matches, Jesus Christ. It's like a 4-5 minute wait between matches, and after each match, EVERYONE fukking leaves, so i almost never get consecutive matches. I hadn't played in a few months, but it seems like the game is dying, and with the utterly trash community, ridiculous waiting times, retarded team balancing, inability to choose game modes, etc, I can't say I'm surprised

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
All my placement matches have had plat and even diamond players :ohhh:

Not to say I haven't been carrying my own weight and killing it with Zarya :smugdraper:

Dat sound your gun makes when you have fully charged beam :noah:

Saving your teammate that got hooked by Roadhog with a bubble :youngsabo:

Teammate hits you with a thanks in chat :youngsabo:

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
I made a new account on a 2 day trial just for shyts and giggles, I am truly blown away by how awful and delusional the player base is. I'm like level 220, rank 2700ish on main, and I have dudes who are like rank 1700 trying to tell me who to pick in quick play. Then I get on some team where I'm level 10 and everyone else is 200+, and they fukking SUCK. I can't fathom taking the time to hit level 500 and sucking so badly. I have gotten multiple golds literally almost every round. Can't believe I used to take comp seriously, no wonder I got pissed off

Then there's the time to find matches, Jesus Christ. It's like a 4-5 minute wait between matches, and after each match, EVERYONE fukking leaves, so i almost never get consecutive matches. I hadn't played in a few months, but it seems like the game is dying, and with the utterly trash community, ridiculous waiting times, retarded team balancing, inability to choose game modes, etc, I can't say I'm surprised

Making comp so easily available is why it's full of retards who don't even understand how to play the game

It should be like TF2 where comp is organized by a separate group so if you want to play comp you have to make the effort to read up on it, download revised maps, join the separate website, find a team, etc

neph27

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ya boy is out here flourishing

The hog is my spirit animal

I began this season really playing him for the first time. I wasn't very good at this game. I also think a bit was finding which character suited me well. I had fluctuated from 2300-2500 generally. Hard to get good communication on console. I learned tho ya boy LEARNED

Steady climb of the past month had me start at 2100 and I just hit 2987. I have been flat out dominating. Taking over games. My masteroverwatch profile says my hog play has been top tier ever since I been on this run.

I really felt like I might not progress in this game for awhile, but my feel, communication, and mechanical skill have sky rocketed the more I played