Official Overwatch Thread

llt23

All Star
Daps
I won 6/10 placement matches and got put in bronze :martin:

Really?:beli:

Must have gotten no love in their stats system since Im playing Ana. Once again top 1 percent in sleep darts (11.2 per) but I guess that shyt aint in the algorithm.

done with this game :ufdup:

Last edited:

llt23

All Star
Daps
:huhldup:

I read that you cannot be placed higher than your previous season ending sr. They are trying to fix the ranking distribution.

This is bullshyt. I thought a new season meant new beginnings? Im getting punished for my last season where I started competitive mode at level 25, did bad in placement to get into silver(3-7 I think). Now this season I go 6-4 and get thrown into an even lower ranking.

I get that people may have been ranked higher than what they deserved and they wanted to fix that, but they didnt factor in people like me who were lower than what they deserved. Not trying to deal with low rank nonsense yet again. And not only that they didnt fix shyt. Instead of starting it all over now its if you were wack and in platinum, now your wack and in gold. Big deal. What is even the point in placement matches if its all based on your rank from last season?

Like i said Im through with this shyt.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
This is bullshyt. I thought a new season meant new beginnings? Im getting punished for my last season where I started competitive mode at level 25, did bad in placement to get into silver(3-7??). Now this season I go 6-4 and get thrown into a lower ranking.

I get that people may have been ranked higher than what they deserved and they wanted to fix that, but they didnt factor in people like me who were lower than what they deserved. Not trying to deal with low rank nonsense yet again. And not only that they didnt fix shyt. Instead of starting it all over if you were wack and in platinum, now your wack and in gold. Big deal. What is even the point in placement matches if its all based on your rank from last season?

Like i said Im through with this shyt.

I guess they feel like people who ranked lower than they should be will be able to climb out of the their ranking. People who belong there will get stuck or drop more (which is what they want)

If you feel like you're a whole lot better than bronze players i would say play a character who has a bigger immediate impact on the game. And you'll move up quick.

llt23

All Star
Daps
I guess they feel like people who ranked lower than they should be will be able to climb out of the their ranking. People who belong there will get stuck or drop more (which is what they want)

If you feel like you're a whole lot better than bronze players i would say play a character who has a bigger immediate impact on the game. And you'll move up quick.

I played a few just now and won em all, plus got an Ana POTG :blessed:

They are at least giving me way more points so Im already climbing out of that hell hole. So I guess whatever? I dunno just wanted out of that zone, plus its weak to do well in placement and end up getting demoted, while reading peeps going 2-8 and getting ranked in plat. Guess just gotta do my thing and not take it too serious. :manny:

Midwest

Hanging em up
Daps
Reppin
80's babies
I won 6/10 placement matches and got put in bronze :martin:

Really?:beli:

Must have gotten no love in their stats system since Im playing Ana. Once again top 1 percent in sleep darts (11.2 per) but I guess that shyt aint in the algorithm.

done with this game :ufdup:

:merchant:
Went 4-6......2578 out of placement

Now 3259 diamond.

Play the game stop worrying about rank, if your good u will move up. But bronze bruh u might need to spend sometime in casuals and learn to comp.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
100 until I'm back @ diamond. They finally fixed that healer bullshyt.

llt23

All Star
Daps
:merchant:
Went 4-6......2578 out of placement

Now 3259 diamond.

Play the game stop worrying about rank, if your good u will move up. But bronze bruh u might need to spend sometime in casuals and learn to comp.

Breh the system itself is a problem. Last season competitive I did it when I was level 25. So I was at silver. I got near gold but didnt care enough cause it was too much of a grind, the point system is weak.

So this season I figured it was a fresh start. So i just stopped playing competitive altogether waiting for a new beginning. Now im level 160 something, way more experienced, went 6-4 in placement and got placed based on my season 2 stats when I was new with the game. Its lame to me. Its nice they are giving more pts for wins but not a fan. Wanted a new experience with better players not the same story. At the end of the day Im being punished because there were too many bad players in high rankings. Thats weak.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh the system itself is a problem. Last season competitive I did it when I was level 25. So I was at silver. I got near gold but didnt care enough cause it was too much of a grind, the point system is weak.

So this season I figured it was a fresh start. So i just stopped playing competitive altogether waiting for a new beginning. Now im level 160 something, way more experienced, went 6-4 in placement and got placed based on my season 2 stats when I was new with the game. Its lame to me. Its nice they are giving more pts for wins but not a fan. Wanted a new experience with better players not the same story. At the end of the day Im being punished because there were too many bad players in high rankings. Thats weak.
Heres a hint: you were one of the bad players

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps

I get your point, but its better for the game overall.

Youll get back. 10 games after placement im already back diamond.

Like dude said play right and youll move up.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Heres a hint: you were one of the bad players

i was never in a high rank to begin with though. If I was thrown into platinum last season then OK sure. Meanwhile you might be one of the bad players but think your nice cause the old ranking system was busted and gave you a high ranking, now you got 2-8 and get the same ranking and still think your nice.

Thats the problem they were trying to fix but failed at. And since now you get more points for W's and less for L's every1 gonna climb up regardless.

Last edited: