Official Overwatch Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
???

They've released a character, a map, already made a number of balance changes and have put time and effort into the competitive aspect of the game to ensure the MMR system works the way they envisioned..in 4 months. You won't see shyt like that from a LOT of games within a year, let alone 4 months, and especially not for free.

Just cause they raking in money off loot boxes doesn't mean you expedite the process of releasing content. That's how you end up with shyt like launch Destiny.
nikka

did you just say BALANCE CHANGES? Like that's where the fukking money goes??? :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Making sure the MMR system works :dead: okay, that's nice.

Talk all the shyt about Destiny, CoD, BF - they at least had planned DLC. What's the schedule for Overwatch? :heh: Nerf the next character that gets enough tournament highlights? Blizzard can't even do that right. They're on pace to over-tweak this and turn it into a bland mess just like they did in Starcraft 2.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Uh no.

The promise of additional content was always there. At least Destiny and BF and even Rainbox Six came through. Overwatch has not only not added anything relevant, they haven't even detailed what they'll be adding OR when.

Uh, yes. Everything was pretty much told to players outright. From beta videos, to announcements on their forums...you only have yourself to blame for not doing the proper research. Again, as they posted on the website, all DLC's will be free (so far), but it's not like you didn't know what the game was about.

You happened to waste money on the boxes, that's your own fault. Everything in the game that requires money is completely optional.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Uh, yes. Everything was pretty much told to players outright. From beta videos, to announcements on their forums...you only have yourself to blame for not doing the proper research. Again, as they posted on the website, all DLC's will be free (so far), but it's not like you didn't know what the game was about.

You happened to waste money on the boxes, that's your own fault. Everything in the game that requires money is completely optional.
Uh no. Link me a DLC schedule.

I didn't spend a dime on loot boxes - I'm talking about the fact that they have a legit solid, sustained income and they haven't provided anything substantial since release outside of a character and a map. Their Olympic promotional event also brought in a flood of cash.

I don't mind an initial lack of content at release, but the lack of information regarding coming content and the plans for said content with regard to in-game purchases funding said comments? Yeah - where's it at?

If you don't know its cool :francis:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka

did you just say BALANCE CHANGES? Like that's where the fukking money goes??? :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Making sure the MMR system works :dead: okay, that's nice.

Talk all the shyt about Destiny, CoD, BF - they at least had planned DLC. What's the schedule for Overwatch? :heh: Nerf the next character that gets enough tournament highlights? Blizzard can't even do that right. They're on pace to over-tweak this and turn it into a bland mess just like they did in Starcraft 2.

I have to agree with the bolded. Blizzard does that shyt to all their games especially WoW. The problem is, they take too much fan feedback. Once people start crying they run and nerf

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
yal really can't believe that cosmetics don't go a long ways after looking at League of Legends and DOTA bring in more than triple a games?

uhhh .... yeah, its the same reason why vc transactions took over 2k and why GTA restructured its DLC to center entirely around multiplayer and similar items.

i don't even believe that all micro-transactions are bad, but when a game like overwatch has a massive launch, a massive promotional event to follow, and they only release a single map and a single character since launch you have to ask where the devs priorities are

as is, ranking is still jacked, there hasn't been anything of real substance added, and there is no slated plan for anything else

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
:what: why would you buy a lootbox? It doesn't effect the gameplay in any way, shape, or form besides skins.... aint like you can alter guns

:what:

Nerds like to dress their characters up and shyt. Dudes on reddit and youtube be buying 20+ loot boxes at a time and shyt. Colossal waste of money in my opinion, but to each his own.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Random please stop picking Hanzo no matter what. We don't have support. No random don't pick widowmaker either. Don't want you sitting on a ledge somewhere missing every shot and dying. I want to win

Last edited: