Official Overwatch Thread

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:dwillhuh: watching ESL, seems like offensive teams just go 4 tanks, 2 healers :dwillhuh:

is it a sign tanks do too much damage that their higher health pools and shields make them more worthwhile than traditional damage :patrice:

even on last point node the opposing team has 4 dvas, 1 tracer, 1 soldier :dwillhuh:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh: watching ESL, seems like offensive teams just go 4 tanks, 2 healers :dwillhuh:

is it a sign tanks do too much damage that their higher health pools and shields make them more worthwhile than traditional damage :patrice:

even on last point node the opposing team has 4 dvas, 1 tracer, 1 soldier :dwillhuh:

:dwillhuh: 2 Dvas are already enough you basically have to kill her twice and the gun she uses out of the suit is powerful as shyt....i remember once i rushed the point, hopped out and merk damn near the entire team.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:dwillhuh: 2 Dvas are already enough you basically have to kill her twice and the gun she uses out of the suit is powerful as shyt....i remember once i rushed the point, hopped out and merk damn near the entire team.

I mean these are the best players in the world.. I see why they did it.. basically on king of the hill map last point, DVA can get to the point quicker than any other hero + her ult in rotation keeps people off the point to cap it.. so they would stick with 3-4 DVAS

been watching this past few matches, notice its almost always double healer (mercy + lucio, with very rare zenyatta showing)

pharah is picked on offense and defense a lot.
soldier 76 1-2 of them no matter what
reaper picked a lot
roadhog picked a lot
renhart picked always

widow maker still getting a lot of picks

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
tip: if ur losing in KOTH and its overtime pick 5 tracers and 1 lucio and keep contesting then dashing out

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
There really isn't no certain way you need to build ur squad. As long as the players are good, people can roll with 3 tanks, 2 healers and an attacker for every situation.

Of course you better switch characters in adjust if things ain't workin :ufdup:

people new to overwatch please dont follow this advice.

You need to build your squad with synergy. 2 winstons, 2 tracers, 2 lucios 1 with speed and 1 with heal will beat a random rag tag group of 3 tanks 2 healers and 1 attacker

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats

You need to build your squad with synergy. 2 winstons, 2 tracers, 2 lucios 1 with speed and 1 with heal will beat a random rag tag group of 3 tanks 2 healers and 1 attacker
Not all the time. Depends on the players n team. A team of Winstons, Tracers, Lucios ain't gonna put up a lot of damage to be constantly taking out tanks like that being backed up with Mercys. And I said good players not new players.

Now unless u mean randoms then obviously, but if ur playing Overwatch with randoms like that then ur doing it wrong :yeshrug:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

it ain't that rigid :manny: especially if zenyatta is getting picked. at all :mjlol:

for what those guys you described are trying to accomplish, that works (im catching bits and pieces right now... its just a hardcore zoning strat. wouldn't matter if they were getting bodies. its a cheese in its own way)

king of the hill is its own ....'thing' anyways. hell, one good, protected symettra can basically throw the entire game because attrition > speed

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
it ain't that rigid :manny: especially if zenyatta is getting picked. at all :mjlol:

for what those guys you described are trying to accomplish, that works (im catching bits and pieces right now... its just a hardcore zoning strat. wouldn't matter if they were getting bodies. its a cheese in its own way)

king of the hill is its own ....'thing' anyways. hell, one good, protected symettra can basically throw the entire game because attrition > speed

:yeshrug: watching these ESL matches it seems speed > everything thats why Pharah and Soldier so viable over McCree they can move easier. When it comes to last point people switch to DVA thats pretty automatic

watching hollywood now this the starting line ups:

Defense:
Soldier 76
Symetra (swapped to lucio)
renhart
Reaper
Torb
Mercy

Offense:
lucio
mercy
roadhog
renhart
pharah
zarya

the only 2 constants ive seen is lucio + mercy and renhart

double healer seems the constant.

last payload check out , defense 4 dvas and 1 tracer :dead:

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:yeshrug: watching these ESL matches it seems speed > everything thats why Pharah and Soldier so viable over McCree they can move easier. When it comes to last point people switch to DVA thats pretty automatic

watching hollywood now this the starting line ups:

Defense:
Soldier 76
Symetra (swapped to lucio)
renhart
Reaper
Torb
Mercy

Offense:
lucio
mercy
roadhog
renhart
pharah
zarya

the only 2 constants ive seen is lucio + mercy and renhart

double healer seems the constant.

last payload check out , defense 4 dvas and 1 tracer :dead:
mcree never had shyt going for him outside of that OP right click lol

lucio + mercy is a constant because it just nullifies all ults and gives an amount of sustain that's otherwise unobtainable.

pharah is dominant because of verticality - no one else in the game is gonna force you to look 'up' as much as a single pharah bombing your ass without remorse. you need a free, unharassed widow to completely shut a elite pharah down.

this shyt aite but im gonna post some korean links next time they go live :whoo: they do some shyt you wouldn't believe:wow:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

Yea that's becoming a trend on ranked now. I was solo playing and the squad picked 4 winstons on control for the last round. They were literally jumping and hopping around until they got primal rage. And then I saw a team try to use 4 Dvas and dash boost towards the control point. Goofy shyt.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
mcree never had shyt going for him outside of that OP right click lol

lucio + mercy is a constant because it just nullifies all ults and gives an amount of sustain that's otherwise unobtainable.

pharah is dominant because of verticality - no one else in the game is gonna force you to look 'up' as much as a single pharah bombing your ass without remorse. you need a free, unharassed widow to completely shut a elite pharah down.

this shyt aite but im gonna post some korean links next time they go live :whoo: they do some shyt you wouldn't believe:wow:

this ESL breh, these players better than those koreans.. these the best players in the world.. koreans could (and failed to) qualify..

do you not know what ESL is :dwillhuh:

these the top 8 teams in the world.. ESL is one of the most known leagues in e-sports for almost a decade.. this is a FPS, not Starcraft, them koreans not fukking with them europeans in this shyt

its ok , americans aint shyt in these games either :dead:

Europe dominates FPS scene. mafukkas grow up in broken down villages in Ukraine and shyt and spend all their days playing FPS :manny: cant knock the dedication :manny:

edit: Just saw these are the NA qualifiers.. thought I saw some other flagso n there :yeshrug:

still - them koreans not fukking with people like Seagull

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
this ESL breh, these players better than those koreans.. these the best players in the world.. koreans could (and failed to) qualify..

do you not know what ESL is :dwillhuh:

these the top 8 teams in the world.. ESL is one of the most known leagues in e-sports for almost a decade.. this is a FPS, not Starcraft, them koreans not fukking with them europeans in this shyt

its ok , americans aint shyt in these games either :dead:

Europe dominates FPS scene. mafukkas grow up in broken down villages in Ukraine and shyt and spend all their days playing FPS :manny: cant knock the dedication :manny:

edit: Just saw these are the NA qualifiers.. thought I saw some other flagso n there :yeshrug:

still - them koreans not fukking with people like Seagull
:mjlol::whew:

Asians been running competitive gaming outside of CSGO for the past decade.

Seagull would get ran the fukk through :russ: and I like the guy :francis:

NA/EU teams don't train like the Asians when it comes to this shyt. When they team up and start selling out stadiums like they always do - I'll link you

don't forget to rep me :sas2:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:mjlol::whew:

Asians been running competitive gaming outside of CSGO for the past decade.

Seagull would get ran the fukk through :russ: and I like the guy :francis:

NA/EU teams don't train like the Asians when it comes to this shyt. When they team up and start selling out stadiums like they always do - I'll link you

don't forget to rep me :sas2:

Asians have never ran FPS gaming market man you are confusing them dominating RTS and MOBAs (which europeans compete with them there too) for FPS.. Unreal Tournament, Quake Arena, Counter Strike, Team Fortress 2... all dominated by Europeans with some good Americans sprinkled in..

Ill bet you real life $$ that an asian team doesnt win ESL

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This. Especially on defense, i almost always pick symettra. Ive had people bytching when i pick her too but when the match is over their entire tune changes. If (real big if tho)you can get that portal up in time, it just completely changes the game. Im going to try to post a video where i went 22-0 with her.