Official Overwatch Thread

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I lost about 10 ranked matches in a row last night. It's truly remarkable how bad solo queuing in this game is. I went from a season high rating of 64 and I'm down to like 50 right now lol.

quick play solo que has got worse.. it seems the level pool is so wide since ranked has came out to find a match, it makes no sense.. my teammates will be level 7, 8, 22, 34, and 90 and me at 57.. vs level 120, 95, 76, 34, 150, 65 type shyt.. makes NO sense.. level 7 and 8 or even 20 vs someone over level 50+, let alone level 100+ is such a huge time difference knowing the maps and characters..

and when I que ranked, I still get people thinking this is call of duty sniping with Hanzo, Genji or Widow Maker NO MATTER the situation :dwillhuh:

this game is insufferable without a group because its all objective.. I really wish they'd just make a death match mode already so the fukking idiots could go play that instead of ruining a great objective based game..

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
quick play solo que has got worse.. it seems the level pool is so wide since ranked has came out to find a match, it makes no sense.. my teammates will be level 7, 8, 22, 34, and 90 and me at 57.. vs level 120, 95, 76, 34, 150, 65 type shyt.. makes NO sense.. level 7 and 8 or even 20 vs someone over level 50+, let alone level 100+ is such a huge time difference knowing the maps and characters..

and when I que ranked, I still get people thinking this is call of duty sniping with Hanzo, Genji or Widow Maker NO MATTER the situation :dwillhuh:

this game is insufferable without a group because its all objective.. I really wish they'd just make a death match mode already so the fukking idiots could go play that instead of ruining a great objective based game..
I'm slowly crawling back up all the ranks I lost. I've just been carrying as much as possible with mcree/pharah/soldier 76 with the occasional zarya/roadhog. Objective based games almost always end up like that, I was hoping competitive play would fix that but it hasn't, although I'm sure it's more prevalent at lower ranks. They need a competitive solo queue ladder separate from group queue's.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
The rankings are still close on ps4 so don't go crazy over your placement. From what ive been able to see.

Best player - Rank 77, 141 games 86.5% win Rate

Worst Player (ive seen) - Rank 38, 43 games 48.8% win rate.

Top 10% rank 58+

Mid 50% rank 49-51

Bottom 10% rank ~41 or less

Your ranking in the bucket only matters if you want the spray thats being awarded to the top 500 players in each region.

If you just want the gold weapons find a way to grind out 300+ wins between now till August 18th and youll have enough points for a gold weapon.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The rankings are still close on ps4 so don't go crazy over your placement. From what ive been able to see.

Best player - Rank 77, 141 games 86.5% win Rate

Worst Player (ive seen) - Rank 38, 43 games 48.8% win rate.

Top 10% rank 58+

Mid 50% rank 49-51

Bottom 10% rank ~41 or less

Your ranking in the bucket only matters if you want the spray thats being awarded to the top 500 players in each region.

If you just want the gold weapons find a way to grind out 300+ wins between now till August 18th and youll have enough points for a gold weapon.
They needa just do top 5% for spray. Top 500 never works out in these situations.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Stop picking Zenyatta in ranked. Stop it.
Zenyatta is a bottom tier hero BUT does have uses.

-If the opposing team has multiple tanks/heroes without long range - zenyatta and reaper are the 2 best anti tank heroes in the game. (Reaper obviously an overall better hero but depending on comp zenyatta can be more useful).

- a lot of teams now run double tank + double healer. This is due to the fact Zarya is incredibly imbalanced. Add in offesive push with rehnhart shield + zarya shield and a lucio / mercy main healer. Zenyatta has good off heals + again great damage.

His issue is hes a glass cannon that also requires great aim. But when shielded can tear apart a team.

The issues are of course 1. The first option is very situational. 2. The 2nd option requires amazing coordination (rare).

So usually not best to use zenyatta

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
on top of that, when you hear that female voice over voice com in rank match, might as well just assume your L :mjcry:
You should be disqualified and lose rank for bringing torb on attack for anubis

i wanted to troll my own team with mei just now :francis: it also says a lot how my win rate is low as fukk when i play mercy

i swear i need to put in work for us to have a chance

dudes got the audacity to yawn during my symettra POTGs :camby: if i kill a roadhog dolo while my blender chops nikkas up offscreen then everybody need to sit the fukk down and pay attention :aicmon:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You should be disqualified and lose rank for bringing torb on attack for anubis

i wanted to troll my own team with mei just now :francis: it also says a lot how my win rate is low as fukk when i play mercy

i swear i need to put in work for us to have a chance

dudes got the audacity to yawn during my symettra POTGs :camby: if i kill a roadhog dolo while my blender chops nikkas up offscreen then everybody need to sit the fukk down and pay attention :aicmon:

speaking of torb.. just played a best of 5, with a torb who would not switch or talk not 1 map.. and set up random level 1 turrents in weird places.. im 99.99% sure its just a bot that plays mass ranked games

bots arent uncommon in these type of games.. 5 MAPS IN A ROW TORB AND WOULD NOT TALK AND JUST PUT IT IN RANDOM SPOTS THAT COULD EASILY BE SHOT.. very easy to spot a bot like that..

Last edited:

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
I get a tiny sliver for winning and lose half a bar for a loss. Can someone explain the math behind this shyt? :dwillhuh:

I dont think anybody knows the exact formula, but Blizzard said it breaks down like this

1. Did you win/lose

2. Were you underdog or favored.

3. How did you win/lose (close game, normal time, or steamroll) compared to other games that took place on the same map

4. Your character performance in the match (compared to others who play the same character on the same map)

#4 is where support players on good teams get screwed because they are putting up less stats because their teammates die less, but by being on a good team theyll eventually rise to the top of ranked from getting W's, while the other one who is stat padded will fall over time.

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
So we were playing yesterday and won round one on the lijang tower map. Got a team kill pretty early in round 2 and the entire enemy team besides a bastion left. The bar barely moved an inch. Won another game and got half a bar giving me 3/4ths of a level but when I lose I always lose an entire bar:martin:

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
Whats you brehs initial ranks after the 10 placement matches?

57, dropped to 54 and decided to sit on it. I am not in the mood to lose it.

I have not been too motivated to play this game as of late. It's absolute hell to play this solo and the constant revolving door of grouping up with random people trying to find a steady team comp is very flaky. Quick play is such a mess, this whole game is a mess. Fun game, but a mess.

Been learning Mccree for these annoying ass genji and tracer mains. I stopped trying with Reinhardt and decided to pick up Zarya.