Official Overwatch Thread

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Despite how good it is, its still heavily leaning on K/D

As of right now, healers and support characters are graded substantially worse than your typical attackers.

If you are not getting kills in CS then you almost certainly aren't helping.

But yeah that's bullshyt in Overwatch.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
You can tell that their only experience regarding ranking was Starcraft and Heroes of The Storm.

Its not easy making an FPS ranking system in a pure team-based objective focused game. Like.... the only people I can think of who've done it right (barely) are Bungie and the guys who basically picked up after Bungie. Maybe CSGO.

I'm not gonna shyt on em like its easy. The beta was an entirely different environment - a lot of that community policed itself.
Wow was their first shown mmr ranking system game.

Warcraft 3 and starcraft had hidden mmr and a regular ranking system.

Wow 5v5 mmr system would work with this game.

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The competitive is so fukking bad I can only :mjlol:

I solo queued cuz I was bored, we went to sudden death on Volskaya and got fukked by RNG cuz we had to run back twice the distance to defend the first point, and we lost in overtime. I had 60 eliminations on soldier with 4 gold medals and 1 silver in healing and I lost a rank and a half :francis: Never again without my premade.

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
Before they even released ranked they said they already had stuff they were going to change for fall, but for the sake of having a summer season they would release it as is.

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man.. yall crazy for jumping into rank the day they put that bullshyt up.. I had zero faith in it :mjlol: :umad:

From playing WOW for a period and getting just disgusted with their pvp balance and arena rules and all that shyt, I knew they could and can make something nice but it will take them a while to get to that destination.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
thoughts about competitive:

I'd love to know how their MMR really works. I am fukking insane with Lucio, they must not assess Healer impact correctly. Blizzard stated that MMR is based on your own "personal skill" as well regardless of if you won/loss the match. I'm about to start exclusively playing offensive characters because I have insane aim from csgo. The coinflip sudden death shyt is absolutely fukking retarded. One of the dumbest things I've seen.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
thoughts about competitive:

I'd love to know how their MMR really works. I am fukking insane with Lucio, they must not assess Healer impact correctly. Blizzard stated that MMR is based on your own "personal skill" as well regardless of if you won/loss the match. I'm about to start exclusively playing offensive characters because I have insane aim from csgo. The coinflip sudden death shyt is absolutely fukking retarded. One of the dumbest things I've seen.

i've been reading on the reddit that i guess quick play MMR has an effect on your ranked rating for whatever reason, also playing support and tank characters don't get as much towards their ranked rating because of their performance

if there was a team running double lucio the one keeping speed up most of the time would rank up a lot less than the one who was healing since they don't measure how long he is speed boosting