Official Overwatch Thread

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
:smh: Okay

I just don't see the point in sniper hero when you can be much more effective at defending a point or pushing a payload with a soldier 76, junkrat, reaper or pharah. Or be annoying as fukk as a tracer/genji. Or even as an extra tank/double support. You can put so much more consistent pressure on a team with those heros than a sniper

So many times where we are in a team fight over a point and it's basically 5v6 because someone decided to be a sniper and completely out of range to be able to contest the point or deny spacing to someone on the enemy team because well if they was any closer the sniper would get destroyed

Snipers are a part of the game for a reason...:what: GOOD snipers give the rest of the team time to move up with choke points and pressure via shots down range...its not always about popping head shots. Its about stopping forward progress of the team...A good team going up against one with no snipers is going to team kill your squad with the quickness.

If its not effective I switch...but for the most part Im on my shyt and it works.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
Snipers are a part of the game for a reason...:what: GOOD snipers give the rest of the team time to move up with choke points and pressure via shots down range...its not always about popping head shots. Its about stopping forward progress of the team...A good team going up against one with no snipers is going to team kill your squad with the quickness.

If its not effective I switch...but for the most part Im on my shyt and it works.

You late man, I already admitted to it

I'll say this since I kinda started this discussion. Bottom line after researching some points and discussions @42 Monks is actually correct that it does come down to just a vast majority of people being ass at sniper.

Even after the nerf widowmaker is still a top pick because of her kit altogether. For some reason I suppose people seen her nerf as hanzo being the better pick of the two which isn't the case. But this also initially proves like I said you gotta be on point with your shots which most people in my experience just suck so I would rather see someone pick a hero like soldier 76 where it's much easier to have an impact.

Hanzos ult is actually really good which I will never dispute. I just don't like completely basing his value off the ult because he's not going to have it all of the time.

Uno

Superstar
Daps
They are nerfing on Torbjörn's turrets in mid-late July on console

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Good. Too accurate and scrubs just squat their short ass behind them with the hammer all round
If you're folks are just staying with the turret the whole time, they're playing torb wrong :francis:. If you know how to play with him right, he is good on both defense and attack. His gun does some decent damage, that he can join the fight well enough away from turrets. The turret is like your backup while you get out and mix it up.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If you're folks are just staying with the turret the whole time, they're playing torb wrong :francis:. If you know how to play with him right, he is good on both defense and attack. His gun does some decent damage, that he can join the fight well enough away from turrets. The turret is like your backup while you get out and mix it up.
Yeah, good Torbs don't get too attached to a single turret. They'll put that shyt on a bookcase if it means it'll get 2 kills and throw a team off balance real quick