Official Overwatch Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hanzo is not worth the time wasted when you could be defending the point much more effectively with someone else

Unless you are a damn god with hanzo which lets be real here no one is running an aimbot

In short he's fukking garbage in a competitive match
Lol idk about that breh. I've been in matches where Widowmaker or Hanzo were like a fukking annoying ass bug that you think is easy to hit but is hard as hell to land a hit on. He's a situational character at best. I don't pick him always but on certain maps/moments he can really one shot and pick enemies off from even coming into the place. :manny:

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
:what:

In addition to being a sniper, his one wall hack arrow is helpful. And his ultimate can take out an entire squad if you place it right

if you are set up right and the team is making fallouts as they're supposed to the wall hack arrow isn't that crucial

Anyone's ult can take out a squad if you place it right especially with a zarya combo

Last edited:
Daps
most snipers get told to pick someone else simply because they fukking suck

i said straight up that you must not know what its like to have a good sniper on your team and its pretty fukking obvious that you've never had one if you're making these kinds of complaints

the amount of effort a team needs to make to stop a single good sniper in this game is massive. it becomes an objective in itself.

??

Hanzo's ult is probably the best in the game. i don't understand how you can call it trash when it has a massive aoe, at the very least it zones out EVERYONE, it doesn't require you to be exposed at all to use/can be peakshot, and it charges ridiculously fast too.

if you AREN'T killing someone with it, you probably ain't shyt.

breh i never play hanzo and get kills with it when i use it. that doesnt mean anything, pugs are trash. If you compare it to other aoe ults it doesnt do as much damage and isnt nearly as big. If you compare it to other damage dealing ults its laughable how little damage it does. It has a loud callout and unless youre stuck in a corridor you can easily get outof its way. It doesnt clear an objective like dvas or winstons. It doesnt deal damage like reapers or pharahs. its trash and the only good thing about it is it charges fast.

only ones i can think of that are worse are roadhogs and tracers but even with hers at least its a guaranteed kill on a tank.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
most snipers get told to pick someone else simply because they fukking suck

i said straight up that you must not know what its like to have a good sniper on your team and its pretty fukking obvious that you've never had one if you're making these kinds of complaints

the amount of effort a team needs to make to stop a single good sniper in this game is massive. it becomes an objective in itself

I halfway agree with this

I agree that you do need a good sniper to make an actual effect

And as pharah I literally just constantly concussive blast a sniper out of position if I'm not spamming a couple of rockets their way just to keep them busy, and like I said before. What sniper is gonna put themselves out of position to get killed the way the maps are designed? A good healer will know their ranges and where they can heal from they're gonna try their best to be out of sight

@Fatboi1 i agree with the point that they're are good in some situations however those don't happen as often as they should so I feel it's a wasted pick. That's what I meant by "a more effective pick"

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
breh i never play hanzo and get kills with it when i use it. that doesnt mean anything, pugs are trash. If you compare it to other aoe ults it doesnt do as much damage and isnt nearly as big. If you compare it to other damage dealing ults its laughable how little damage it does. It has a loud callout and unless youre stuck in a corridor you can easily get outof its way. It doesnt clear an objective like dvas or winstons. It doesnt deal damage like reapers or pharahs. its trash and the only good thing about it is it charges fast.
are we talking about the same thing?

Hanzo's ult can kill a hulked up a winston and has 2 thirds of the radius of Mei's ult - and it goes through walls while traveling indefinitely

in what world is that not the best ultimate in the game? you don't even need direct line of sight to use it and it forces opposing teams off objective at the very least. are people just gonna stay on a payload while two dragons roll through? :mjlol: can't believe you compare it to pharah when she does significantly less damage, more slowly, and while being incredibly exposed while having to be within a certain range

pharah is my most used character but i don't even consider her ult to be in the same ballpark as the majority of the cast

and yeah, its great specifically in corridors, but what aoe isn't? and literally every ult has a callout.

like... i don't even understand the argument that hanzo's ult can be weak in any context. throw in the hitbox cheese he gets and he's obviously one of the best characters in the game. do people suck with him? sure. are pugs weird? obviously.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Exactly, when his ass could have been on the point, contesting or extending overtime until the team respawns or doing anything else to help prevent the team from dying

Instead he completely out of position just to do minimal damage because I rarely ever see healers get picked off by snipers because they're smart enough to not in line of sight
those are just bad snipers

Daps
are we talking about the same thing?

Hanzo's ult can kill a hulked up a winston and has 2 thirds of the radius of Mei's ult - and it goes through walls while traveling indefinitely

in what world is that not the best ultimate in the game? you don't even need direct line of sight to use it and it forces opposing teams off objective at the very least. are people just gonna stay on a payload while two dragons roll through? :mjlol: can't believe you compare it to pharah when she does significantly less damage, more slowly, and while being incredibly exposed while having to be within a certain range

pharah is my most used character but i don't even consider her ult to be in the same ballpark as the majority of the cast

and yeah, its great specifically in corridors, but what aoe isn't? and literally every ult has a callout.

like... i don't even understand the argument that hanzo's ult can be weak in any context. throw in the hitbox cheese he gets and he's obviously one of the best characters in the game. do people suck with him? sure. are pugs weird? obviously.

:heh:

by every metrics hes one of if not the worst characters in the game.

facts only :manny:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:heh:

by every metrics hes one of if not the worst characters in the game.

facts only :manny:
Only because Widowmaker is the better sniper option. The complaints that you brought up have nothing to do with why Hanzo isn't used in high MMR matches - the biggest being Hanzo's limited range vs Widowmaker, point & click, mobility, and wall hack.

Widowmaker simply makes Hanzo irrelevant in that specific sense :sas1:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Also, before people fall in love with that chart, you really gotta understand that console and PC character usage, 'tier lists', and general k/d are drastically different.

Torbjorn for example is dominant on consoles but a joke on PC

Daps
Only because Widowmaker is the better sniper option. The complaints that you brought up have nothing to do with why Hanzo isn't used in high MMR matches - the biggest being Hanzo's limited range vs Widowmaker, point & click, mobility, and wall hack.

Widowmaker simply makes Hanzo irrelevant in that specific sense :sas1:

nope. Notice widow isnt used much either. Before her nerf you could use that excuse but now? :camby:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
only way youre taking anyone out with his ult is if the other teams trash breh. Legitimately one of the worst in the game

:mjlol: Yea ok. You probably just launching the shyt right in front of the advancing team so of course it doesn't work. Skilled hanzo sending that shyt through walls, behind the team so they caught, etc

Daps
:mjlol: Yea ok. You probably just launching the shyt right in front of the advancing team so of course it doesn't work. Skilled hanzo sending that shyt through walls, behind the team so they caught, etc

good teams dont bunch themselves up enough to get caught :skip:

good teams dont let a sniper sneak by them to actually flank with an ult :skip:

nah you think youre a skilled hanzo because you play against pugs. or you think a pug hanzo is skilled because he wiped through your pug team.Either way hes not a good character