Official Overwatch Thread

Daps
i just downloaded the overwatch test center client and i'm playing the beta version of the competitive mode. I just healed for 62% of the damage my team took as Lucio in the first match :mjlol: apparently you have 10 "placement" matches and then it places you at a specific skill level/rank

this is just temporary right? When ranked is released its gonna be on the regular game correct? cuz im a few levels lower in the ptr and dont have my okami skin i just got

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
EvergreenAffectionateAmericanshorthair-size_restricted.gif

thats how the fukk you reinhardt :salute:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
this is just temporary right? When ranked is released its gonna be on the regular game correct? cuz im a few levels lower in the ptr and dont have my okami skin i just got
your account on the PTR is a "snapshot" from a particular date, a date before you got your skin and leveled up. When ranked is released it will be patched onto the main client where you would have all your shyt.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jeff Kaplan on matchmaking.

We are constantly improving the matchmaker. We learn more each day. We have one of our best engineers and best designers full time dedicated to the system. Many of those “silent” patches that go out during the week are adjustments to the system. For example, we recently realized that “Avoid this player” was wreaking havoc on matchmaking. One of the best Widowmaker players in the world complained to us about long queue times. We looked into it and found that hundreds of other players had avoided him (he’s a nice guy – they avoided him because they did not want to play against him, not because of misbehavior). The end result was that it took him an extremely long time to find a match. The worst part was, by the time he finally got a match, he had been waiting so long that the system had “opened up” to lower skill players. Now one of the best Widowmaker players was facing off against players at a lower skill level. As a result, we’ve disabled the Avoid system (the UI will go away in an upcoming patch). The system was designed with the best intent. But the results were pretty disastrous.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745504371