Official Mortal Kombat Thread

Piff Tannen

Superstar
Daps
Don’t just sign ol boy from the raid....sign every single person that acted in those movies. Please.
if anything they definitely need to be the fight/stunt coordinator. I would love the raid guys but mad Dogg might be too short and doesn't really speak English and I don know if Iko Uwais English is all that great to hold down a whole film to play a Liu Kang maybe scorpion. As far other casting goes Micheal Jai as Jax should be given and like the idea Kathryn Winnick playing Sonya if they went to younger Claire ****. Liu get Mike Moh and wouldn't mind seeing Taylor Lautner play Johnny Cage being he has some form of martial arts background/

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Warner Bros should a mortal Kombat cinematic universe

You could literally make a movie with the OG MK1 cast

Johnny Cage being some actor who’s a joke looking to reclaim his fame and look legit

Sonya trying to recuse Jax (could be a military type movie )

Liu Kang being some fighter looking to fight for the white lotus and be champion

Sub-Zero and his clan

Scorpion getting revenge for his clan and family

Etc

Then the EndGame could be the actual MK tournament

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I would rather they cast an accomplished actor for Sub-Zero than a real life skilled fighter

To me this is not a good sign but whatever

Joe Talsim can act and the fact they're actually going for skilled fighters (and actually grabbed a guy heavily involved with Iko Uwais & his crew) is great. I only hope they pair these fighters with other cats with experience. Speaking of Iko, I have no desire to see action scenes like the garbage Iko was saddled with in that albatross of a film with Walhberg a year other so back because Iko was the only one with any training. A MK film with 20 millions cuts :camby: MK is action oriented. Its story will never win an Oscar. I only need the actors to be serviceable actors.

And for guys who don't know who about Joe, here he is with Iko in 'The Night Comes Fir Us'(Netflix Original) in what was arguably the most brutal final fight scene shot to recent memory.

If they can cast my baby Julie Estelle as Katana :noah:

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Hope this breaks the video game-to-movie adaptation curse
RRLQlh.png
Wan don't miss :ufdup:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Ludi Lin in Talks to Play Liu Kang in New Line’s ‘Mortal Kombat’ (EXCLUSIVE)
bm-striking-vipers-700x500.jpg

Chinese-Canadian actor Ludi Lin is currently in negotiations with New Line Cinema to play the role of Liu Kang in “Mortal Kombat,” its upcoming live-action version of the video game, Variety has learned.

Lin comes to the role fresh off the perfect warmup: He most recently played the kung fu ace Lance in the Season 5 “Black Mirror” episode “Striking Vipers,” an Asian fighter within the world of an indisputably Mortal Kombat-inspired videogame central to the story.

Liu Kang is one of the seven original characters introduced in the first “Mortal Kombat” game, released in 1992 by Midway. The plot of the new reboot is still unknown, but game centered on the story of Liu Kang, a Shaolin monk with a resemblance to Bruce Lee known for his flying kicks, who tries to save the Earth by fighting for supremacy in a tournament.

New Line’s 1995 film adaptation of the game was a critical bomb, but still grossed more than $120 million globally. Its 1997 sequel, “Mortal Kombat: Annihilation,” went on to gross $50 million. Warner Brothers bought the Midway Games assets in 2009 in bankruptcy court.

Produced by James Wan and helmed by commercial director Simon McQuoid, this new film version is expected to release in March of 2021. It is currently in pre-production and will begin shooting in Adelaide later this year, where it is set to be the biggest production in South Australia’s state history.

Lin was born in China’s coastal Fujian province, educated in Australia, and is now a Canadian citizen. He was named one of Variety’s “Seven Asian Actors to Watch” last year. His other recent roles include Captain Murk in last year’s James Wan-directed “Aquaman” and Zack, the black ranger in Lionsgate’s 2017 “Power Rangers,” as well as appearances in Netflix’s “Marco Polo” and China’s hit blockbuster “Monster Hunt.”

His upcoming projects include biographical drama “Son of the South,” which counts Spike Lee among its executive producers, Netflix’s Chinese-language original six-part series “The Ghost Bride,” and two other Chinese projects: a local remake of Amazon/AMC’s “Humans” and the feature film “Summer Knight.”