Official Kyler Murray Black Excellence thread: Year 5; A New Hope

Will Kyler Murray represent the race proudly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I think Kyler's problem is he's very up and down. Catch him one week he looks like the best QB in the league, catch him another week he looks like he should be a third stringer. Add into that he clearly has an issue with putting in the prep time.... it's not a good look

I think that was always going to be the case with him coming into the league given how naturally talented he is (not just in football) and the limitations his size presents. I don't wanna call him a gimmick, because that would be a disservice to his ability, but I don't foresee him having a long career as a starter.
Kyler's problem is that everything has worked out for him. So he doesnt see his flaws or areas he needs to improve because just playing "his game" has got him a lot of accolades.

Im not going to say he doesnt study film. The issue is at 5'9" he prepares like a QB who doesnt have the size limitation.

Im not sure if Bryce Young is going to be a good pro, but at 5'11" he's got way better pocket presence. He knows how to slide in and out of the pocket to find throwing lanes. Russell Wilson as well. Drew Brees made that shyt an art form.

Kyler either tries to bail the pocket or will just panic. He needs to study more cause he his vision can be prepared. He needs to work more on throwing in crowded pockets.

Kliff being more his boy instead of a disciplinarian hasnt helped in forcing him to improve his game.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
This has to be one of the weirdest offseasons for the Cardinals. Hopkins suspended for 6 games. Kyler and his agent causing drama for months to get a new deal. Deleting everything Cardinals on social media. Putting out public statements about his accomplishments. Rodney Hudson didn't come to mandatory minicamp and it looked like he could retire before he changed his mind.

The cornerback issues are even worse. Jeff Gladney just signed with the team then died in a car crash. Antonio Hamilton signed as his replacement and gets injured burning himself in a cooking accident. Trayvon Mullen gets traded to the team to be his replacement and has a toe injury.

I'm not surprised Mahomes dominated. The Cardinals have no corner depth and just blitzed him desperately. Kyler didn't look horrible but he still has more work to do to get to the elite level.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Kyler's problem is he's very up and down. Catch him one week he looks like the best QB in the league, catch him another week he looks like he should be a third stringer. Add into that he clearly has an issue with putting in the prep time.... it's not a good look
That's Kyler...It's either a spectacular highlight reel play or gross incompetence.He can't seem to get it all aligned.The guy's a midget, sandlot qb.Kliff Kingsbury has the spine of a jelly fish.This dude had the nerve to say he kept Kyler in the game during a blowout because "I wanted him and Hollywood Brown to get some work in"...If that's the case, why the fukk did you sit them out all preseason?:why:...Card fans, the Kyler/Kliff era's about to crash.It's obvious.They're about to fall.It's going to be a return to the 1989 Phoenix Cardinals days.Michael Bidwill showed his hand when he resigned Kliff, Keim, and Kyler to 5 yr contract extensions after three consecutive 2nd half of the season flame outs in a row.The fact that he rewarded that let's me know he's not serious about winning.The Cardinals are a fake azz front of an organization that tends to get lucky once every 10-20 yrs.Broke clock/blind squirrel shyt.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
KYLER MURRAY IS WHO I THOUGHT HE IS.

Kyler just willed his way towards a win. Skillet hands from Brown and AJ Green nonwithstwnding but he SINGLEHANDLY made that miraculous throw AND used his legs to secure the win.

Defense shut down Adams. Good win. GREAT WIN.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kyler looked better in the 2nd half, but I wish he could come out the gates like that.Cardinals are so bad /inept, teams get up big, and start looking bored.Once they begin to relax & play prevent in the 2nd half, Kyler starts looking less sporadic.Plus it's the Raiders.This Cardinals team is all spectacle/miracle plays sprinkled on top a shyt bowl of incompetence.Cool lil victory, but the franchise is doomed.I've been hard on Kyler this year, but I'm curious to see how he'd play with a real coach & GM in his corner.Kliff & Keim's not it.Kliff should be fired for that delay of game penalty before the 2 point conversion.I've never seen that happen before.Especially coming out of a timeout with the game on the line.This victory feels more like a facade.Might be time for me to divorce myself from the game of football for the foreseeable future.Kliff's too bytch made to lead this team to any real success.