Official Kyler Murray Black Excellence thread: Year 5; A New Hope

Will Kyler Murray represent the race proudly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Look at Indy going from mediocre QB to mediocre QB with a stacked roster not winning shyt. Kyler is the best hope for the franchise.

No one denies he's their best option right now.

But just because he's THEIR best option doesn't mean he should be paid as one of the BEST options in the league at QB. Statistically, he's been steady. No leap forward or obvious sign of improvement. The film test says the Cardinals always fade out when the games really start mattering. And above all else, the QB's job is to ensure his team -- once it is capable/built well enough to be something -- doesn't lose games when they matter. He may not win them outright, but he CANNOT be a/the reason why they lost.

As far as the Colts, they were better in 2019 -- when Jonathan Taylor was still in college and Jacoby Brissett was QB1 -- than the Cardinals were.

The 2020 Colts were better than the 2020 Cardinals with the corpse of Philip Rivers.

I'll give you 2021, but the only reason the Colts didn't get to the playoffs was because they failed to beat Jacksonville IN Jacksonville. Indy has lost like 5 or 6 in a row to the Jags in Duval, BTW.

The ONLY reason Kyler should get 40M or whatever a year is because the market "says" so, and the market is literally broken. However, he, along with several other QBs that will eventually get that, don't deserve to be paid market value right now.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
No one denies he's their best option right now.

But just because he's THEIR best option doesn't mean he should be paid as one of the BEST options in the league at QB. Statistically, he's been steady. No leap forward or obvious sign of improvement. The film test says the Cardinals always fade out when the games really start mattering. And above all else, the QB's job is to ensure his team -- once it is capable/built well enough to be something -- doesn't lose games when they matter. He may not win them outright, but he CANNOT be a/the reason why they lost.

As far as the Colts, they were better in 2019 -- when Jonathan Taylor was still in college and Jacoby Brissett was QB1 -- than the Cardinals were.

The 2020 Colts were better than the 2020 Cardinals with the corpse of Philip Rivers.

I'll give you 2021, but the only reason the Colts didn't get to the playoffs was because they failed to beat Jacksonville IN Jacksonville. Indy has lost like 5 or 6 in a row to the Jags in Duval, BTW.

The ONLY reason Kyler should get 40M or whatever a year is because the market "says" so, and the market is literally broken. However, he, along with several other QBs that will eventually get that, don't deserve to be paid market value right now.
It’s always been this way, and it always will be. Every good QB gets to sign the biggest contract ever, until the next one beats it. That’s the cost of having a good QB not named Brady.

Like you said, it’s the best option. Bidwell just has to suck it up and pay it. Rams are proving that the salary cap isn’t real right now, so it’s not like paying kyler has to prevent you from signing other guys.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps

It seems like Kyler's getting everything he wants including the contract extension that's coming this year. No more excuses for him. It's time for him to get to the next level.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Kyler is reunited with his star receiver in college. Drafted a stud TE for him. But no OL help especially against that front 4 of the Lambs. Gotta like the trade for Hollywood though

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Now I see why Keim traded for Hollywood and drafted McBride :snoop:

Hop out for six games :snoop:

oh how the mighty has fallen… :snoop:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Even though its BEEF and ON SIGHT!

At the end of the day…… NFC West is still a brotherhood. No one wants to see foul and sad shyt.

So as the Leaders of the NFC West, on behalf of my Niner President and VP @FaTaL & @yseJ

As we as @South Paw and the 2 Seahawks fans

And @YOGEBEAR09 @Conscious Pilot and the Ramily

@Benjamin Sisko , straight up. We all send our condolences

Surprised there ain’t a thread on this but damn man this is absolutely tragic. Dude was young too man.

He probably had his whole career ahead of him too. Prayers definitely go out to his family

No one wants to ever hear or see tragedies like this

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
Even though its BEEF and ON SIGHT!

At the end of the day…… NFC West is still a brotherhood. No one wants to see foul and sad shyt.

So as the Leaders of the NFC West, on behalf of my Niner President and VP @FaTaL & @yseJ

As we as @South Paw and the 2 Seahawks fans

And @YOGEBEAR09 @Conscious Pilot and the Ramily

@Benjamin Sisko , straight up. We all send our condolences

Surprised there ain’t a thread on this but damn man this is absolutely tragic. Dude was young too man.

He probably had his whole career ahead of him too. Prayers definitely go out to his family

No one wants to ever hear or see tragedies like this
:mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh's hot air.Kinda reminds me of DeAndre Ayton.Looks good on the stat sheet, but when the pressure turns thick, they turn into bad situational players.I'll go along with the ride, but AZ sports will never sniff a ship while them 2 dudes reside in the valley.I'm willing to put my soul on that...Unless the Suns get Kevin Durant:mjgrin:....But yeah, Kyler's definitely not worth that much.He's middle of the pack at best & he always crumbles in the most meaningful games.The Cardinals are paying for a name/brand.On the field, he's fugaze.I don't see him making it through this contract.Wouldnt be shocked if he's out of the league 2-3 yrs from now.He secured a nice chunk of change.Maybe he can go hang out in the A's farm system now.It is what it is.AZ sports franchises will continue to be the pretenders they've always been.What's new:yeshrug: