Official Judas And The Black Messiah Thread

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Watching the interviews of Daniel and Shaka on the Breakfast Club made me appreciate this more...

Shaka basically said he even knew the film had flaws, but could only fit so much in the 2 hrs he had to work with.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching and overall thought the film was :obama:

I definitely didn't feel like it painted Bill as being sympathetic. I can see why some may be disappointed, if they didn't expect the film to give a lot of focus to the Judas aspect of the title.

Fred Hampton was killed at such a young age :snoop:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Maybe because I watched a lot of panther docs last April and the poor dialogue, but this movie didn’t pull me in. The actors all gave great performances, but maybe weak writing and lack of character development contributed to me feelin “meh” about this. It felt like stitching together important scenes with nothing supporting the characters, so in that vein, the documentaries I watched that covered Hampton were better as it was scenes plus background info.

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Maybe because I watched a lot of panther docs last April and the poor dialogue, but this movie didn’t pull me in. The actors all gave great performances, but maybe weak writing and lack of character development contributed to me feelin “meh” about this. It felt like stitching together important scenes with nothing supporting the characters, so in that vein, the documentaries I watched that covered Hampton were better as it was scenes plus background info.
Solid film and glad I watched it , but I feel exactly the same

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Fair. I feel like films like this however do spark something in young adults and teenagers who don't know these stories as well as others to go and dig and find out more.