Official Judas And The Black Messiah Thread

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
JayZ is a piece of shyt for that line.
Jay is purely a capitalist so that date and being black are really where their similarities end.

but I like when poets/rappers use that type of literary device... can’t remember what it’s called

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i arrived on the day Frank Hampton died (Dec. 4). Do you not know how reincarnation works my brother
Fred Hampton didn't reincarnate as a Black capitalist c00n that spent the entire peak of his career praising white designers and Latinas while investing in the prison industrial complex :mjlol:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Great movie the actors did a great job especially Daniel Kaluuya on the role of Fred Hampton, although think the guy that plays Tick on Lovecraft Country would've bodied it. This should lead to someone doing a miniseries or even a full fledged movie on Fred Hampton.

Facts on the post, def agree on the bold too:myman:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Watched the movie for the second time. It was as fantastic as the first time.

A movie list of genuinely revolutionary movies would have to have this on there, alongside: The Battle of Algiers, The Black Power Mixtape, La Haine, City of God, and a couple of others.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
The movie was dope. Hopefully, this film will inspire a breh or brehette to direct a biopic on Chairman Fred (that is NOT what this movie was supposed to be).
I'd actually like to see someone give us 'Malcolm X' quality films based on some of our lesser discussed legends like:
  • Robert Johnson
  • Medgar Evers
  • Madame CJ Walker
  • Jack Johnson
  • Stevie Wonder
  • Run-DMC
  • Huey P. Newton & Bobby Seale
  • The Deacons of Defense
  • Barry Gordy
My middle school class went to the house where Medgar Evans was killed. I went to an all black middle school that prided itself on African American history so I was naive but now not surprised to learn the stuff I learned was/is not taught in a lot of schools and some people are JUST learning of these stories the last few months.