Official Judas And The Black Messiah Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Its ight... Its not OMG YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!

The acting was top notch. Daniel kaluuya really owned that role and stole the scenes..

It didn't make me wanna pump my fist tho..

Maybe I'm being overly critical or my expectations were too high but I'm comparing it to One Night In Miami which I thought was OMG YOU GOTTA SEE THIS.. And made me wanna pump my fist on some black empowerment shyt... Judas didn't have that to me. Still a decent movie tho

:dahell: this shyt way better than One Night In Miami

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Decent flick. The interview at the end when Bill was talking about how no one should judge him cuz he was on the front lines really irritated me. Rats like him were one of the main reason the black panther party fell. He tried to talk like he was down with the revolution, but he knew he was guilty as shyt for its downfall. That's probably why he killed himself right after that interview aired.

hood b. goode

shytposter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ProSports: NOLA. College: UMich. Europe: Arsenal
Intense movie. Unbelievable.

the final part - reading that William ONeal - suicided after that documentary on PBS....one last twist

Decent flick. The interview at the end when Bill was talking about how no one should judge him cuz he was on the front lines really irritated me. Rats like him were one of the main reason the black panther party fell. He tried to talk like he was down with the revolution, but he knew he was guilty as shyt for its downfall. That's probably why he killed himself right after that interview aired.

yep exactly

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Film needed another 15-20 minutes....and overall just needed to slow down and include a bit more historical context.

I feel like this would have worked better as a mini-series. When i originally heard about this film i pictured something aesthetically closer to Dead Presidents. This kind of felt a little too by the numbers

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
But in 1973, his role as an informant was discovered and he was relocated under the Federal Witness Protection Program to California and given the alias of William Hart. He reportedly returned to the Chicago area in the 1980s after the tension of living under witness protection led to him splitting with his first wife.

Speaking with the Tribune in 1984, O`Neal said that while he had thrived working with law enforcement, he ultimately felt he’d been ''just a pawn in a very big game.''

Until his death, he worked for an attorney in downtown Chicago, friends told the Tribune, adding that he’d contacted some acquaintances upon his return, but mostly kept to himself. O’Neal did have a relationship with his uncle, Ben Heard, his drinking buddy and confidant. Still living under the assumed name of Hart, he was at Heard’s home having beers on Martin Luther King Jr. Day just before his death. Heard said that night his nephew kept leaving to use the bathroom.

"He'd stay in there 10 or 15 minutes. The last time he stayed 20 minutes. He came out in a rage and he tried to jump out my living room window [which is on the second floor],” Heard told the Chicago Reader. “I stopped him. I grabbed him by the ankles. I wrestled with him but he broke free and he ran out the door.”

O’Neal then bolted onto a nearby expressway, police said. His death was ruled a suicide by the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office. He was 40.

What Happened To William O'Neal After The Deadly Raid That Killed Black Panther Fred Hampton?