Official Judas And The Black Messiah Thread

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The FBI agent says something along the lines of either you deserve a Emmy for your acting or your starting to believe in his movement.
Then the scene where he is about to administer the drug dude has a face like he is about to cry. They portrayed it like he was completely against being accessory to his murder. At one point he even threatens go on the run to avoid continue working as a informant. They made it seem like big brother had to coerce him into going along with their plans. Then the movie ends and says he stayed a paid informant for another decade :francis:
I feel you, but I didn’t feel there was anything to make you sympathize for the character either. It would have been unrealistic to not show him having any reluctance or emotion at all. Rats do shyt for they personal gain, but it don’t make them robots. They had to show the human element, which made him look worse, because despite the crying or threats to run away, he still did it. He directly murdered Hampton with providing that blueprint and killed the movement. If it would have shown more of his backstory, or his family, I think that would have been more along the lines of making you sympathetic towards him. I think they purposely did not provide more depth to his background and life outside of the Panthers so it wouldn’t seem that they wanted the viewers to sympathize with him. Showing reluctance doesn’t make him look any better because he still did it. I felt nothing at all of sympathy for his character. The character holes was the lack of depth provided to Hampton.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
My only issue is they made the rat have a sympathetic story line. It made him seem like he was against all the shyt he was doing . He wasn’t even facing a long sentence. We all know that wasn’t true. His documentary clip he doesn’t even sound the slightest bit apologetic,

Me and my wife were watching that pbs special on YouTube dude seened unphased and unapologetic

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Me and my wife were watching that pbs special on YouTube dude seened unphased and unapologetic
Exactly. Dude sounded like a complete piece of shyt that didn’t care about anything but his self preservation.You know the dude was rubbing his hands and excited to do more work after they broke him off with a business and cash for helping them kill Fred. But in the movie dude looked at it like it was dirty money he almost wants nothing to do with it. :mjlol:
They portrayed his character way too nicely for who he really was.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
It ain’t nothing sympathetic about O’Neal. The film made him look like a lying meek rat ass coward the whole movie.
Yep, what is coming off as "sympathetic" is just that he was amateurish in what he was doing at the time and nervous. By time of the doc footage, he was a seasoned rat with no hesitation. At least I think that's how Stanfield tried to approach it.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Exactly. Dude sounded like a complete piece of shyt that didn’t care about anything but his self preservation.You know the dude was rubbing his hands and excited to do more work after they broke him off with a business and cash for helping them kill Fred. But in the movie dude looked at it like it was dirty money he almost wants nothing to do with it. :mjlol:
How?
  1. He robbed innocent black men
  2. He asked for a car just to get closer to Fred
  3. He drew blueprints to Fred apt which led to Fred death
  4. He ran away from the gun fight
  5. To cover his ass he implied Jimmy was a rat
  6. He volunteered info on that Panther that was on the run
  7. Tried to give the squad bombs n shyt
  8. Alluded that he poisoned fred
this whole movie was about him being a Judas

so when the director showed O’Neal being conflicted about getting his reward for a job well done. He showed O’Neal putting the envelope in his pocket. He ain’t give a fukk.

Last edited:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The fucck movie did you watch? Bill was purely and solely motivated by money and a car. The only thing he didn't like was the fact he was now trapped because he can't get out if he wanted to due to the fact Mitchell (the FEDS) put him in a position in which if he walks they're leak it to the Panthers that he was a rat. There's nothing sympathetic about this dude.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fucck movie did you watch? Bill was purely and solely motivated by money and a car. The only thing he didn't like was the fact he was now trapped because he can't get out if he wanted to due to the fact Mitchell (the FEDS) put him in a position in which if he walks they're leak it to the Panthers that he was a rat. There's nothing sympathetic about this dude.
So why was he so glum and about to cry in the movie when he got a business and some cash after the Fred Hampton murder?

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bytches be getting over on u breh lol

all they need is a puppy dog face and u forgot she just fukked yo best friend lol
That’s your best explanation? He was acting sad in front of the FBI agent? :mjlol:
You really dikkeating this movie.