Official Judas And The Black Messiah Thread

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Or maybe black people like to hate just to hate. We are the our own biggest haters that FRONT to support black shyt until black shyt comes out. This is the 3rd black film within THIS MONTH that black people shytted on because it's not what they claim they want. I'm beginning to see that y'all don't know what the fucck y'all want.

Man, I noticed this shyt when The Photograph came out. Black people are hyper-critical when it comes to black films. I had to start checking myself and noticing ways I was even doing the shyt. You have cats on this very board that go out their way to find and post negative reviews of black films. You would think that the black community is teeming with film directors and writers how we can go on and on about how much we hated a black film :wow:.

Anyways, it’s a good movie. It’s not an autobiography. It’s well directed with intricate cinematography, and I really respect the direction choice of not showing Fred being shot. It’s a heavy subject, but it’s handled tastefully. Unlike seemingly most of y’all, I thought Lakeith was great. I’ll say 7.5 outta 10.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The irony of this post

But that's Black people for u

Am I right?
We just hate
Am I right?

:skip:

The irony of ya sambo c00ning :skip:

Neg sambo

The irony is calling a black man a SAMBO for defending a black film, written and directed and starring black people about a black revolutionary movement. Because YOU don't like it, yet want to call someone a c00n and sambo for defending black films.

nikka please.... that's the dumbing shyt I've read all day!

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
He didn't capture the essence and charisma of Fred Hampton at all. He was made a supporting character.

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It was good but it was missing some true emotion.
It felt real "hollywood" imo.
I know there's a lot to handle when dealing with a subject like this but felt like it coulda had a tad bit more depth to it.
Like when
they had a shootout at the HQ Bill escapes and the other 2 Panthers shoot it out and surrender but nobody ever questioned why Bill aint get jammed or what happened to him? He was suspected once at the beginning and that was it. Now if thats true to history thats one thing but the fact that he was never really suspected was a lil weird to me.

I wish we woulda seen some more internal struggle with Bill when he was alone other than that horrible ass dream.

Wanted to see more Fred in it. His scenes were a little formulaic to me speech-recruit-girl repeat.
Like he talk all the time about feeding the babies but they couldn't shoot a scene around one of those?
And felt the coulda had more direct interaction between Bill and Fred alone. Woulda added something.
But then again idk how much alone time they had in real life

One little thing I liked that may have been lowkey was

Every time he went to meet with the fed he was dressed better than the last time. :ehh:

Acting was good. Kuulya (sp) was good but sometimes he was hard to understand.
Lakieth was good being paranoid all the time but he didn't really make me hate him at the end like it should have been. Don't really think thats his fault and more of the script.

Overall a good movie tho
That’s exactly how I feel especially the bolded. I think this would’ve taken this movie over the top. That interpersonal friend would’ve made the betrayal so much more meaningful

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Too many people projecting their personal feelings on the movie. They wanted it to be part documentary, part biography of Fred Hampton, part course on Black Panther philosophy, part audience indoctrination.

What they got is a really well put together drama from the perspective of a double agent. Everything doesn't have to be everything. I loved this movie for its perspective. The same way I loved all the Black Panther documentaries and books I've read for their perspectives.

And, frankly, this movie's perspective has a better chance of changing public opinion on the Black Panthers than whatever muddled, messy, fan fiction people imagined before they walked in the theatre.

curious as to what that is tbh most white people think the black panthers were a black group that proclaimed they hate whitey

*EDIT bolded wrong passage, fixed now

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This is def how I took it. This is more in line with Donnie Brasco and The Departed than Malcolm X
This is all that needs to be said. The Donnie Brasco comparison fits perfectly since that's a true story too, as well as the poster who compared it to The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford.

It's not a biographical film on Hampton, and it's not a political film on the Black Panthers, even though both subjects are obviously a big part of the film. It's a thriller about a real life informant caught between two worlds and looking out for himself above all else.

I understand why people would like more of the former, but that was never the film's intention.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
The irony is calling a black man a SAMBO for defending a black film, written and directed and starring black people about a black revolutionary movement. Because YOU don't like it, yet want to call someone a c00n and sambo for defending black films.

nikka please.... that's the dumbing shyt I've read all day!
The irony of u stereotyping Black people as hating everything Black people do
Then tying to flip it and clutch ya pearls when your c00ning is pointed out is some extreme INCEPTION plot shyt:pachaha:

fukk u making Tenet part 2 already :dead:

Completely disagree. Thought he did a great job sonically
Sonically :skip:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Honestly lakeith played that turncoat very well, dude was a piece of shyt nobody doing petty crime to get by. Felt no emotion when MLK and Malcolm died because he was all for self, he was the perfect informant and watching the real William o neal fidget and look shiesty in the pbs special made me appreciate lakeith’s performance