The trailer gave me more emotion than the movie

this.gif

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
shyt was fire to me.

The title alone let me know this wasn’t a biographical film , but more a movie about Brother Hamptons demise and the events leading up to it

I never expected that so I guess I wasn’t disappointed like a few of you.

Cinematography 9/10
Acting 9/10

I do agree it didn’t go deep enough, it could have really dug in

Hmmmm

Final score 8.5/10

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
shyt was fire to me.

The title alone let me know this wasn’t a biographical film , but more a movie about Brother Hamptons demise and the events leading up to it

I never expected that so I guess I wasn’t disappointed like a few of you.

Cinematography 9/10
Acting 9/10

I do agree it didn’t go deep enough, it could have really dug in

Hmmmm

Final score 8.5/10

yeah I think its a mix of people expecting a bio pic + not rocking with Daniel because he isn't american.

Nino Soprano

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bmore
A story like this supposed to be full of emotion
This shyt supposed to make u cry

This didn't have enough to pull any emotion

shyt suppose to display the anger u should feel at these devil cacs

And the sadness and hopelessness Black Americans had to feel
Exactly how i feel...but i appreciate the attempt...it wasn’t a bad movie....I’m happy we got a movie on Fred Hampton.....we need more movies on our black hero’s

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't lie I found the film underwhelming.

The trailer 100% more emotive than the film and I agree with whoever said that.

From a filmmaking perspective its great, but beyond the surface its mediocre. They don't delve into the characters of either Fred or Bill, they don't demonstrate Fred's politics and it comes across as Hollywood does the Panthers

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This was good, but I felt like they had the "wrap it up" box flashing by the final act. For a 2 hour movie, it shouldn't feel that way. Instead of feeling angry, I felt like there should've been more to it.

Still...very good effort. Everybody did a good job, it just should've been fleshed out a bit more imo.

Special shout out to Ashton Sanders for finally playing a role that doesn't have him moping about all the time on screen.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Its ight... Its not OMG YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!

The acting was top notch. Daniel kaluuya really owned that role and stole the scenes..

It didn't make me wanna pump my fist tho..

Maybe I'm being overly critical or my expectations were too high but I'm comparing it to One Night In Miami which I thought was OMG YOU GOTTA SEE THIS.. And made me wanna pump my fist on some black empowerment shyt... Judas didn't have that to me. Still a decent movie tho

One night is Miami is fiction though.

White people really aint shyt. They really are white devils.

ETA: Movie was good. I was mad at the end and not sad, because I know the story already.

Last edited:

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, I’m surprised by the lukewarm responses. I thought the film was brilliant. It has the pace of an action/thriller but I thought it did a great job of showing Fred’s leadership qualities and just how much of a threat he was to Hoover as well as humanizing him through his relationship with Deborah.

I understand the critiques of it focusing too much on O’Neal but most of the movie was about Fred through O’Neal’s eyes. Also thought the film was great just on a technical level with the acting/direction/cinematography so I’m not understanding why that Vulture critic was so harsh toward it

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn, I’m surprised by the lukewarm responses. I thought the film was brilliant. It has the pace of an action/thriller but I thought it did a great job of showing Fred’s leadership qualities and just how much of a threat he was to Hoover as well as humanizing him through his relationship with Deborah.

I understand the critiques of it focusing too much on O’Neal but most of the movie was about Fred through O’Neal’s eyes. Also thought the film was great just on a technical level with the acting/direction/cinematography so I’m not understanding why that Vulture critic was so harsh toward it

This is def how I took it. This is more in line with Donnie Brasco and The Departed than Malcolm X