Official Judas And The Black Messiah Thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Very good film. While I don't think it holds back the film per se I did want to know more about who O'Neal and Hampton were as people. Nowhere in this film do we get an idea of O'Neal's life outside of his informant role and while we get glimpses of the personal life of Hampton through his relationship, most of it remains on the surface level too.

As far as the narrative focus goes though it is a well-paced and effective thriller drama, with great performances from both Kaluuya and Stanfield. And due to high dedication and care to its historic time frame it feels authentic as well, which definitely helps set the film apart.

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
Is this movie good or nah?

Its ight... Its not OMG YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!

The acting was top notch. Daniel kaluuya really owned that role and stole the scenes..

It didn't make me wanna pump my fist tho..

Maybe I'm being overly critical or my expectations were too high but I'm comparing it to One Night In Miami which I thought was OMG YOU GOTTA SEE THIS.. And made me wanna pump my fist on some black empowerment shyt... Judas didn't have that to me. Still a decent movie tho

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Its ight... Its not OMG YOU GOTTA SEE THIS!!

The acting was top notch. Daniel kaluuya really owned that role and stole the scenes..

It didn't make me wanna pump my fist tho..

Maybe I'm being overly critical or my expectations were too high but I'm comparing it to One Night In Miami which I thought was OMG YOU GOTTA SEE THIS.. And made me wanna pump my fist on some black empowerment shyt... Judas didn't have that to me. Still a decent movie tho
The irony in this is
1 Night in Miami a cac produced agenda film :francis: