Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
nikka.

Cacs own BRON studios too so wtf is the irony :dahell:
The agenda spewed
And it's a big difference when the cacs who produced 1 Night literally the 1s who killed 1 of the people protrayed in the GAWT DAMM MOVIE:rudy:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
It was good but it was missing some true emotion.
It felt real "hollywood" imo.
I know there's a lot to handle when dealing with a subject like this but felt like it coulda had a tad bit more depth to it.
Like when
they had a shootout at the HQ Bill escapes and the other 2 Panthers shoot it out and surrender but nobody ever questioned why Bill aint get jammed or what happened to him? He was suspected once at the beginning and that was it. Now if thats true to history thats one thing but the fact that he was never really suspected was a lil weird to me.

I wish we woulda seen some more internal struggle with Bill when he was alone other than that horrible ass dream.

Wanted to see more Fred in it. His scenes were a little formulaic to me speech-recruit-girl repeat.
Like he talk all the time about feeding the babies but they couldn't shoot a scene around one of those?
And felt the coulda had more direct interaction between Bill and Fred alone. Woulda added something.
But then again idk how much alone time they had in real life

One little thing I liked that may have been lowkey was

Every time he went to meet with the fed he was dressed better than the last time. :ehh:

Acting was good. Kuulya (sp) was good but sometimes he was hard to understand.
Lakieth was good being paranoid all the time but he didn't really make me hate him at the end like it should have been. Don't really think thats his fault and more of the script.

Overall a good movie tho

Last edited:

Marco Zen

Black Privilege
Daps
Reppin
The Other A
@Drew Wonder :picard: Destroyed this movie.

Now to be fair she gave Ma Rainey a 4/10. So she really grades hard. Very well written, but damn.

I felt like it was lacking something while I was watching it.. I'm not knocking the movie but I do think it could've been more than what it was considering the source material and all that

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I felt this movie was leaning more on a "Defund the Police" narrative more so than being a movie documenting Fred's existence ala Malcolm X. I feel Fred was the example of the 'system' doing what the system does, more so than this serving as a film about Fred's life per say. I think because of that, it's why it may feel like it lacks emotional depth. I think this was still a good movie though.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Just finished it

Not bad
But not good

shyt felt empty as fukk

Like a pamphlet version

Instead of feeling like a book like I expect a movie to feel