Official John Wick: Chapter 2 Thread

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw it today and I feel conflicted about the movie. Mostly because it feels like it falls into all the sequel traps even though for a big part it also doesn't.

For instance, the first fifteen minutes or so is shameless rehashing of the first one. Yeah, there's a big action sequence involving more hand-to-hand combat, car-to-car combat and car-to-person combat than in the first one, but it adds nothing to the myth of John Wick, it only repeats itself for fan service. When the actual story starts to take off (and it really does take a while), the myth and world building picks up tremendously again with a lot of intriguing aspects, most notably The Marker (no further spoilers about that one). There's also a shopping montage which might be the greatest shopping montage of all time, if only because Wick now possesses Batman body armor (you know, the thin cloth fabric kind that somehow stops bullets) and can take a lot more punishment.

I think here another problem arises. While the gun action in this movie is still far better than most action movies ever put out, it's also pretty much the first movie overdosing on itself with constant punches to grapple throws to headshots as fifty to sixty guys get executed. The change of pace and diversity of the opening action sequence is almost gone, safe for the few moments when Wick finds himself fighting other Wicks just like him, but even that can't save the movie's action from outstaying its welcome by the time the story hits its third act and we're watching Wick skull fukk another thirty guys with bullets. Some of the magic is lost in repetitiveness, especially because the movie practically opens with the promise of more.

But in the end it's simple. If you liked/loved the first one,you'll like/love this one as well. The world building is one of the highlights again and once again the locations used are very good. One thing you can't fault these movies are their unique atmosphere, and with a third chapter being inevitable, it will be interesting to see how they plan to keep this franchise fresh.

I agree that the action got repetitive and couldve got a lil more creative after the 2nd act. The world building was top notch and i guess they saving fishburne for the third film since he going to need his help now but why wouldnt he want to cash in?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something that bugged me about this movie and it's a pretty dumb thing but, what's the value of the coins? :heh: One coin gets you a bourbon and gin and also a arsenal of gun or a new wardrobe lol

Im guessing you cant buy shyt from a connected spot if u aint got the coin. If someone come in with cash they know they snitches

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This was dope but I wasn't blown away like the first time. Was it hard for anyone else to see what was actually happening when he was fighting in the dark (IE Rome, and in the beginning)? I loved the pencil scene but they could have switched it up a bit with the fighting but overall I liked it. The world building was top notch which really made me like this a lot. Cant wait for the third one. John on the run now.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
This was dope but I wasn't blown away like the first time. Was it hard for anyone else to see what was actually happening when he was fighting in the dark (IE Rome, and in the beginning)? I loved the pencil scene but they could have switched it up a bit with the fighting but overall I liked it. The world building was top notch which really made me like this a lot. Cant wait for the third one. John on the run now.
I could see everything clearly, might have been your theater with an uncalibrated screen.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I could see everything clearly, might have been your theater with an uncalibrated screen.
I mean it wasnt blurry or anything just kind of hard to make out but who knows it could have been my theater. I'll go and watch it at another theater on Friday. John was unstoppable though man. He killed everything walking in this shyt just like last time even females got it.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
What type of gun was used to blow up his house? Looked like a grenade launcher..

@David_TheMan

Yeah it was a grenade launcher, looked like a modified m32.
I feel like this one had carbon fiber in the movie though.

Milkor_MGL_2_SHOTShow2008_2-02-08.jpg

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Movie wuz repetitive as fukk, don't understand how it gets these high reviews, horrible fucin movie...tough to sit all tha way through

you trying to much breh :usure:, but I will agree Wicks gun fu style can get a little dry. After he done murked dumb assassin #450, all while super dumb assassin #3 literally just saw the dead bodies and knows the shyt Wick can do...well... It did get a little old :francis:.

however, I think Common saved this movie and ill still be there for Wick 3.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I mean it wasnt blurry or anything just kind of hard to make out but who knows it could have been my theater. I'll go and watch it at another theater on Friday. John was unstoppable though man. He killed everything walking in this shyt just like last time even females got it.
That was my favorite part, no one was spared.
That said they took a step down this year. Common was no where close to my boy Kirill who didn't just give Wick everything he could handle, really did have him beat and dead to rights until Marcus saved Wick's life