Official John Wick: Chapter 2 Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I said "Even the wiki".

My point is that he's shown to have so much power at the start of the movie only to seemingly to have no skills or talent outside of lackluster squad of goons. He's a wet fart.

Let's say for the sake of argument I'm 100% wrong about this. It's still leaves something like 19 other wack elements in world building. I'm not saying you need to hate this movie but I know you are smart enough to see what I wrote isn't some flaming heap of garbage. I love Die Hard 2 but I'm not gonna argue that when you break it down and really think about it Die Hard 2 makes any sense at all.

I read what you wrote. I disagree with it but I read it. You’re not on some stupid shyt tho. I just think you’re ignoring some character stuff.

Like you said why would John return to the fountain when he could’ve just ran. Because he does respect the rules even tho he broke them in that one moment of rage. He lost control in one split second and knew he fukked up. He knew whatever was going to happen to him he had coming. He accepted his fate. That’s why he goes back to the fountain because those are the rules

And the idea of him saying he’s not that guy anymore? For John the events of the first movie were a one time thing. Supposed to be anyway. He got his revenge and he wanted to go back to living quietly. And Winston rightly calls him on that and says you can’t have it both ways. He also agreed with you in the sense that of course his house was blown up.

Even if you disagreed with the characters actions there’s an internal decision making there and it shows him being flawed and a tad rash when he’s supposed to be a man of complete will and determination and focus.

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
Was watching this along with the others late last night. Guess you can say I have a nack for these type of films outside of my usual martial arts films. One thing I noticed was the subtle references towards Sovereignty throughout this film.