Official Infamous Second Son Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right, yet folks have mentioned all too often the part about the powers deal. SMH. shyt, if anything, I want the next Infamous game to have like 4-6 more powers, with 1-2 powers being respectively exclusive to one side. They could have some optional missions/characters that you meet and acquire powers from that is exclusive to each side.

I'd also want it to make sure that all these parts can be accessed long before the game is close to an end though. After beating this on my first good play thru, one gripe about the last power isn't the power so much as there's no bigger/grander enemies or missions to do while utilizing that power. Unless they have more on that within the impending DLC.

true...hopefully that's where the next game takes us...they've expanded the conduit world, might as well let us play in it now....like you suggested: they can add more powers, have specific specials depending on the karma path, make it bigger/longer mission wise/story wise, etc...also, it'd be time to introduce good/evil conduits depending on your karma path that you go against....the other games had more conduits, but they were the same...think it should vary depending on the path you chose...

as for dlc, hopefully we get more than just the papertrail ones cause i enjoy the game like a mug...they can have a mission where someone's trying to free the red haired concrete lady and you have to stop them...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:why: why?? i could see if this was a long fleshed out open world with tons of side missions and a long campaign, but this game is too short to restrict spells like that

not really....they should have powers that are exclusive to each karma path...an extra bonus for being a true hero or being infamous....also, the game is not too short...it's 12-15 hours (same as the others) for a playthrough, which is good for allowing multiple playthroughs...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
not really....they should have powers that are exclusive to each karma path...an extra bonus for being a true hero or being infamous....also, the game is not too short...it's 12-15 hours (same as the others) for a playthrough,

how is that a better idea than the current model?

which is good for allowing multiple playthroughs...

so basically a cheap way to add more hours to your gameplay instead of creating worth while sidemissions, nah im cool

edit: and 12 hours for a sandbox game isn't acceptable.

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
BkO7IObIMAALLn8.jpg:large

:banderas:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:why: why?? i could see if this was a long fleshed out open world with tons of side missions and a long campaign, but this game is too short to restrict spells like that

I said in the sequel you moron. So it could very well have all of that within it, as it would be the next game, not this one.
You're still idiotically calling powers "spells" like a dumbass. Your stupid ass need to be put in the book of boo-boos. Cease quoting me and exit thread.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I said in the sequel you moron. So it could very well have all of that within it, as it would be the next game, not this one.
You're still idiotically calling powers "spells" like a dumbass. Your stupid ass need to be put in the book of boo-boos. Cease quoting me and exit thread.

who gives a shyt, powers, spells, both are FICTIONAL, you dolt :umad: and i read what you said, the sequel will more than likely have the same length. why the hell would anyone want to further restrict the weapons you've been given other than to pad the gameplay?

if anything, they need to focus on a MP, cus suckerpunch isn't great at the sandbox experience

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
who gives a shyt, powers, spells, both are FICTIONAL, you dolt :umad: and i read what you said, the sequel will more than likely have the same length. why the hell would anyone want to further restrict the weapons you've been given other than to pad the gameplay?

if anything, they need to focus on a MP, cus suckerpunch isn't great at the sandbox experience

You ever heard of something called "context" you stupid fukk? That's why it matters cuz it doesn't make sense within the context of what the game is. Fictional or non-fictional doesn't matter.

And most sequels tend to be bigger in the most noticeable points, so why would it just outright stay the same in all accounts? No need to answer that, just shut the fukk up and move on. If anything, that's what you need to do.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how is that a better idea than the current model?

so basically a cheap way to add more hours to your gameplay instead of creating worth while sidemissions, nah im cool

edit: and 12 hours for a sandbox game isn't acceptable.

it's better because you still have to chose a path, but it gives you diferent powers for doing the different karma paths...instead of using an oribtal drop for both, why not have different variations for bad and good karma? or an unique only good/bad karma path power...you get power A only if you good...where as you only get power B...not just a variation of similar powers on both paths....

naw, it's not a cheap way to add play time...and there is no need to throw in side missions just for the fukk of it...the other games, with those extra side missions yall are so in love with, were only about 12-15 hours to play through, so why is that time a problem now?....

also, that time is perfect when the purpose is to get players to play through the game mutliple times...no need to make the game 20-25 hours when you want people to play through multiple times...how many times are you gonna play through gta5?...exactly...

..all this boils down to them making you make a choice and denying powers for the choice you made...cause i bet if you had access to all the powers no matter your karma choice, you nor others would complain about the lenght of the game, the karma system, etc....but if they did allow that, the game wouldnt be an infamous game anymore since the whole point of the game is to make a choice and stick to it...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it's better because you still have to chose a path, but it gives you diferent powers for doing the different karma paths...instead of using an oribtal drop for both, why not have different variations for bad and good karma? or an unique only good/bad karma path power...you get power A only if you good...where as you only get power B...not just a variation of similar powers on both paths....

naw, it's not a cheap way to add play time...and there is no need to throw in side missions just for the fukk of it...the other games, with those extra side missions yall are so in love with, were only about 12-15 hours to play through, so why is that time a problem now?....

also, that time is perfect when the purpose is to get players to play through the game mutliple times...no need to make the game 20-25 hours when you want people to play through multiple times...how many times are you gonna play through gta5?...exactly...

..all this boils down to them making you make a choice and denying powers for the choice you made...cause i bet if you had access to all the powers no matter your karma choice, you nor others would complain about the lenght of the game, the karma system, etc....but if they did allow that, the game wouldnt be an infamous game anymore since the whole point of the game is to make a choice and stick to it...

why would you want to play a game 3-4 times when the plot doesn't change drastically enough to warrant it? when they give you video, neon, etc, they give you evil/paragon options, that's automatically better than leaving them exclusive to force you to play the campaign over.

y'all caping dont help the infamous franchise. if they made significant improvements to the karma system and made a longer, more fleshed out campaign, it could be one the greatest franchise of all time.

and for the last time, it's not about having access to ALL the powers. the problem is when you provide the illusion of choice, when you really have to stick with 1 option the entire game IF you want to receive all your powers. not to mention the choices are stupid and barely change the game. there's just a whole host of things infamous has to change to become a truly great game.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Funny thing about people's praise and comments about this game in comparison to the last ones with the traversal methods being superior in the game (which is true). Folks seem to forget that Cole had quick ways of moving around too with the rail grinding on power lines and train tracks. I thought that was dope and was a good way to do hit and runs on enemies.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why would you want to play a game 3-4 times when the plot doesn't change drastically enough to warrant it? when they give you video, neon, etc, they give you evil/paragon options, that's automatically better than leaving them exclusive to force you to play the campaign over.

y'all caping dont help the infamous franchise. if they made significant improvements to the karma system and made a longer, more fleshed out campaign, it could be one the greatest franchise of all time.

and for the last time, it's not about having access to ALL the powers. the problem is when you provide the illusion of choice, when you really have to stick with 1 option the entire game IF you want to receive all your powers. not to mention the choices are stupid and barely change the game. there's just a whole host of things infamous has to change to become a truly great game.
idk maybe because the game is fun??

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
idk maybe because the game is fun??

:rudy:

game is fun but not fun enough to just keep playing the campaign over and over. only games i've given that luxury to was TWD, Mass Effect 2 and Last of Us

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i play through it to see the different outcomes when i pick different karma choices...also, the main reason: people just find the game fun...that makes no sense...even if everything was open, you still would have to play through again to see different outcomes...

whose caping?...just cause we not bashing the game in every post doesnt mean anyone's caping....we've recommened changes, we just dont think the game needs a complete overhaul like you...as for being one of the greatest, that's all opinion...do i think it is? havent thought about it...all i know is the game is damn fun, so i dont care about where it ranks in greatest talk...if they keep dropping them, i'm keep copping and playing cause i enjoy them...

in one sentence you say it's not about having access to all the powers, in the next you complain about them not giving you access to all the powers cause you have to make a choice and stick to it...lol come on man....you contradicted yourself in 2 sentences...we get it, you want access to all the powers, no matter the karma choice (just like the vid and article you posted)...we just happen to disagree...the game is setup for you to make a choice, sticking with that choice, and you get the powers that come with said choice...it's worked so far for 3 games, and the games have been pretty damn enjoyable...whether you think they are great or not is all opinion...but saying the game needs a whole host of changes sounds like you need to play something else, cause that isnt true....you want infamous to be an rpg type game, and it aint, nor does it need to be....

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:

game is fun but not fun enough to just keep playing the campaign over and over. only games i've given that luxury to was TWD, Mass Effect 2 and Last of Us

lets see: a game based on choices, an rpg, and a game you can play through totally different each time through...and none of them are sandbox games....yep, like i said: you want infamous to be something it's not...just play other games and stop the fake outcry about how bad the game supposedly is, cause it aint....

Last edited: