Official Infamous Second Son Thread

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

lol man please stop....did you read what he said? the reason he knocks the system is cause all the powers arent available....he wants to be an in the middle guy with all the powers...which isnt how the game works...what it shows is people are scared to commit to making a choice, that's why they want grey...they want all the benefits (in this case powers), without actually having to make a choice....do you have to be completely good/bad in the game? to advance the story yes, but that's how it is in most games...other than that, you can be good and run around fukking shyt up if you like...just like you can be bad, and run around doing good if you like....can they improve the karma system? yes they can...but just cause you cant get all the powers cause you have to make a choice is not a valid reason...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol you guys should just start off on expert. That's what I did. Found it a bit more challenging and couldn't just go in blazing no matter how powerful I got. Also the last boss on expert was annoying as hell. Overall the game was a fantastic experience. Graphics are the best I've seen this gen. If this is a sandbox game, I can only imagine the potential the PS4 holds. Playing it on evil now. The downside is that there really isn't much left to do after passing it. Should have bought back the custom level creator like Infamous 2.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol man please stop....did you read what he said? the reason he knocks the system is cause all the powers arent available....he wants to be an in the middle guy with all the powers...which isnt how the game works...what it shows is people are scared to commit to making a choice, that's why they want grey...they want all the benefits (in this case powers), without actually having to make a choice....do you have to be completely good/bad in the game? to advance the story yes, but that's how it is in most games...other than that, you can be good and run around fukking shyt up if you like...just like you can be bad, and run around doing good if you like....can they improve the karma system? yes they can...but just cause you cant get all the powers cause you have to make a choice is not a valid reason...
Had they allowed you access to all your powers, then they would complain that you don' t get to see the growth and development of his powers. Can't believe people want all the powers up front. That pretty much takes away the excitement. Getting a new power takes me back to my childhood when I got a brand new toy. That third power. :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Had they allowed you access to all your powers, then they would complain that you don' t get to see the growth and development of his powers. Can't believe people want all the powers up front. That pretty much takes away the excitement. Getting a new power takes me back to my childhood when I got a brand new toy. That third power. :wow:
That's what I'm saying, there was anticipation and build up to getting each power. Also unlocking powers by getting blast shards gave you a reason to actually explore the city and sight see. Also having everything available to unlock would make the replay value even lower.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

no one is saying they should give you access to all your powers from jump. people are saying the morality/karma system is inherently flawed, which it is.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
i mean, you get different spells and can be more reckless, but not really
Some fetch missions were completely different. You don't even go to the docks on the Evil play through. Killing Hank in front of his daughter instead of sparing him is a big difference to me. Also killing Augustine and Betty at the end too.

I do agree the gameplay wasn't all that different though. Some of the Delsin dialog is funny when you killing innocents though :lolbron:

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
When a person pops after a finisher and it sends a chain reaction through a crowd of civilians and Dups....
:wow:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no one is saying they should give you access to all your powers from jump. people are saying the morality/karma system is inherently flawed, which it is.

i understand what they're saying, the reason (s) being used though is access to powers, just like the article and vid you linked....

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
i understand what they're saying, the reason (s) being used though is access to powers, just like the article and vid you linked....

Yeah, the funny thing about folks harping on that neglect the fact that the choice between being Hero or Infamous is actually the focal point of the series and what gives it a more validated (than most games anyways) reason to replay thru the game more than 1nce. I can see some folks saying that they should further differentiate the missions between the two and the game and story outcomes of such to be further expanded upon though, but as is, it's still solid and different enough in key areas to warrant a 2nd playthru at least, which is a good thing.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, the funny thing about folks harping on that neglect the fact that the choice between being Hero or Infamous is actually the focal point of the series and what gives it a more validated (than most games anyways) reason to replay thru the game more than 1nce. I can see some folks saying that they should differentiate the missions between the two and the game and story outcomes of such to be further expanded upon though, but as is, it's still solid and different enough in key areas to warrant a 2nd playthru at least, which is a good thing.

basically...picking a karma path and sticking to it is the whole premise of the game and series, why that's a problem now, i dont understand....even compared to other games with karma systems, they all pretty much work the same in regards to advancing the story: you have to pick a path and stick to it....but for some reason, infamous's systems is garbage and needs to be overhauled...but it has nothing to do with access to powers lol...

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
basically...picking a karma path and sticking to it is the whole premise of the game and series, why that's a problem now, i dont understand....even compared to other games with karma systems, they all pretty much work the same in regards to advancing the story: you have to pick a path and stick to it....but for some reason, infamous's systems is garbage and needs to be overhauled...but it has nothing to do with access to powers lol...

Right, yet folks have mentioned all too often the part about the powers deal. SMH. shyt, if anything, I want the next Infamous game to have like 4-6 more powers, with 1-2 powers being respectively exclusive to one side. They could have some optional missions/characters that you meet and acquire powers from that is exclusive to each side.

I'd also want it to make sure that all these parts can be accessed long before the game is close to an end though. After beating this on my first good play thru, one gripe about the last power isn't the power so much as there's no bigger/grander enemies or missions to do while utilizing that power. Unless they have more on that within the impending DLC.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right, yet folks have mentioned all too often the part about the powers deal. SMH. shyt, if anything, I want the next Infamous game to have like 4-6 more powers, with 1-2 powers being respectively exclusive to one side.

:why: why?? i could see if this was a long fleshed out open world with tons of side missions and a long campaign, but this game is too short to restrict spells like that