Official Infamous Second Son Thread

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have you played the first two infamous games breh?? :what: You obviously didn't because there's no way in hell you could say you want games to evolve and then you act like Second Son ain't improve on that compared to the first two.

infamous ss improved graphically, that's undeniable. but when it comes to the core gameplay; it's the exact same as the first 2. except now instead of side missions where we've whipping nikkas like slaves, herding 'em off the jail. we've got side missions where we spray paint on walls :stopitslime:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you never said the game was perfect, but you also never listed 1 con about the game :heh:

if the game were in my hands,:whew: i'll have to smoke on that and come back to you.

never listed a con cause you never asked...like I said: I enjoy the series/game, so I focused more on the positive things I liked about the game when I gave my thoughts on it....unlike others on here, i see no reason to harp on the negative and/or just talk about the negative, especially since I enjoyed the game...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
infamous ss improved graphically, that's undeniable. but when it comes to the core gameplay; it's the exact same as the first 2. except now instead of side missions where we've whipping nikkas like slaves, herding 'em off the jail. we've got side missions where we spray paint on walls :stopitslime:
:stopitslime: The core gameplay OBVIOUSLY will be similar to the first games but saying it's the exact same is false. You didn't even have the diversity of powers like in this one in Infamous 2. :stopitslime: I don't remember shyt like Neon and the other powers in the other two. I don't remember clearing districts and decent melee options in the first two nor was there better ways to traverse the city. Now that I think about it, there's lots of changes to the gameplay in SS compared to part 2.

This is just wrong and you're looking at the past with rose tinted glasses. Also what's wrong with spray painting walls?? I didn't ever recall it being labelled as a side mission, it just seemed to be something there in the city. :stopitslime: There's nothing wrong with talking about flaws in a game, but you just throwing random shyt around hoping something sticks to the wall. My flaws with the game are wildly different from yours.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
never listed a con cause you never asked...like I said: I enjoy the series/game, so I focused more on the positive things I liked about the game when I gave my thoughts on it....unlike others on here, i see no reason to harp on the negative and/or just talk about the negative, especially since I enjoyed the game...
like i said, i'm glad devs don't listen to you :whew: infamous 8 would be exactly the same was infamous 1.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:stopitslime: The core gameplay OBVIOUSLY will be similar to the first games but saying it's the exact same is false. You didn't even have the diversity of powers like in this one in Infamous 2. :stopitslime: I don't remember shyt like Neon and the other powers in the other two. I don't remember clearing districts and decent melee options in the first two nor was there better ways to traverse the city. Now that I think about it, there's lots of changes to the gameplay in SS compared to part 2.

This is just wrong and you're looking at the past with rose tinted glasses. Also what's wrong with spray painting walls?? I didn't ever recall it being labelled as a side mission, it just seemed to be something there in the city. :stopitslime: There's nothing wrong with talking about flaws in a game, but you just throwing random shyt around hoping something sticks to the wall. My flaws with the game are wildly different from yours.

i'm glad they added new spells, that's great. only problem is game is dumb short and there's only 2 types of enemies throughout the entire game, thats it. you telling me you content with that? that's improvement to you?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i'm glad they added new spells, that's great. only problem is game is dumb short and there's only 2 types of enemies throughout the entire game, thats it. you telling me you content with that? that's improvement to you?
You keep saying the game is dumb short but then you didn't collect any of the blast shards to level up and unlock new moves, you didn't play through as the opposite karma to see the evil powers and changes to story based on evil choices, you didn't seem to even stop to appreciate the world at all. I beat the game once and I'm still going through the world exploring easter eggs. You seem like the type of cat that plays games and rush through them without stopping to appreciate the details just so you can quickly post about how you beat it already. Hell I rather a open world game with a 10 hour campaign with replayability and extra content streamlined over time than one that over stays it's welcome and has a bunch of padded out content. Skyrim may be 100 hours long but what's the chances the average person would beat it?

The enemy variety I agree is low but besides that, to completely skip out everything else that was improved in the game such as the presentation, characters, dialogue, audio effects, city ambiance and gameplay just to make a point is pretty low. You're basically trivializing the new things added by simplifying them to mere "spells" ?? I hate when people say "Why didn't _____ add this or that??". It's not simply ctrl C+ and ctrl + V to making newer titles. Everything that I mentioned was "added" to the game. Infamous 2 didn't look and play as smooth as this one so to say they ain't really add shyt is nonsense.

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You keep saying the game is dumb short but then you didn't collect any of the blast shards to level up and unlock new moves, you didn't play through as the opposite karma to see the evil powers and changes to story based on evil choices, you didn't seem to even stop to appreciate the world at all. I beat the game once and I'm still going through the world exploring easter eggs. You seem like the type of cat that plays games and rush through them without stopping to appreciate the details just so you can quickly post about how you beat it already. Hell I rather a open world game with a 10 hour campaign with replayability and extra content streamlined over time than one that over stays it's welcome and has a bunch of padded out content. Skyrim may be 100 hours long but what's the chances the average person would beat it?

it took me about 4 days to beat infamous, i didn't have to rush through it to realize it's all more of the same. you guys make it seem like a new mission, character, or spell is going to pop out of the blue if i collect everything. it would appear GTA V is still king of side missions, characters, and keeping you interested in the game after you've beat it.

and i did nothing but praise infamous throughout the beginning of this thread, now it's time to get to the problems. can't be like those xbots that run around pretending all their games shyt gold.

edit: and i'm lying, tell me what side missions or easter eggs you've found thats worthy of interest

Last edited:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its funny when I see I post like "the game is only 10 hours long", "i beat it one sitting etc." Maybe Im not a true gamer but games that people can beat in 1 sitting usually takes me atleast a month to finish IF i finish them at all. Ill play a few missions one day, bullshyt the next 2-3 times I play, then go back to the missions. thats just me tho

Last edited:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Its funny when I see I post like "the game is only 10 hours long", "i beat it one sitting etc." Maybe Im not a true gamer but games that people can beat in 1 sitting usually takes me atleast a month to finish IF i finish them at all. Ill play a few missions one day, bullshyt the next 2-3 times I play, then go back to the missions. thats just me tho

Word. I copped on release day and I just got the third power....I play for a few hours every other day. How long do motherfukkers want these games to be?

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music

2 types of enemies? extremely short gameplay? overrated experience?

1126.gif

Sounds like another "exclusive" that's all hype and no substance.