Official Infamous Second Son Thread

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
man, just stop...cause if they did that, it wouldn't be an infamous game...that's what you aint seeing...you asking for the game to be something it wasnt designed to be...since the beginning, the game was about making a choice and sticking to that...not gaining powers just cause...

fine then, it doens't have to be like an infamous game, it can be better than an infamous game. mass effect had a better approach tot he whole paragon/evil choice scenarios.

that's shyt's not true either about campaign length...it's obvious from your posts you didn't do any of the side shyt, which makes your view on the game length not true....the side shyt is meant to be done too, which adds to the length of the game...after doing all that shyt, the game is about 12-15 hours, which is the same as the other games....also, if you just go through the story and do no side shyt, any and every game will seem short...

...agree to disagree...

what side missions are there that i'm missing outside of coles legacy and papertrail? cus i'm not doing busy work like clearing out dup, collecting shards, and spray painting.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fine then, it doens't have to be like an infamous game, it can be better than an infamous game. mass effect had a better approach tot he whole paragon/evil choice scenarios.

what side missions are there that i'm missing outside of coles legacy and papertrail? cus i'm not doing busy work like clearing out dup, collecting shards, and spray painting.

mass effect is a rpg, infamous aint....not only that, you had to make and stick to choices in mass effect to move the story along...you didn't just get to jump back and forth just cause...

the cleaning out the dup, collecting shards, etc. are all side missions/shyt....just like the other infamous games....the fact you didn't do it kills the game length for you...also, sounds like you need to play another game, and not infamous...cause you talking about changing things that will not make it an infamous game...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If you aren't collecting shards, how are you talking about powers being locked out if you never bothered unlocking them?? You realize you need shards to unlock powers right??

Also you comparing Mass Effect to Infamous but you again fail to realize that Mass Effect's morality system doesn't revolve around gameplay, it revolves around dialogue choices and story. How can you compare the two?? Would you say Infamous now needs dialogue trees when interacting with NPC's so a$$hole delsin can say some slick shyt to people he's about to fight?? :mjlol:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you aren't collecting shards, how are you talking about powers being locked out if you never bothered unlocking them?? You realize you need shards to unlock powers right??

Also you comparing Mass Effect to Infamous but you again fail to realize that Mass Effect's morality system doesn't revolve around gameplay, it revolves around dialogue choices and story. How can you compare the two?? Would you say Infamous now needs dialogue trees when interacting with NPC's so @sshole delsin can say some slick shyt to people he's about to fight?? :mjlol:

for the 3rd time, it needs better choice making decisions. i don't even want to play as evil delsin because it's just being edgy for the sake of being edgy.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
for the 3rd time, it needs better choice making decisions. i don't even want to play as evil delsin because it's just being edgy for the sake of being edgy.
Breh, you not making any sense lol. I'm not saying there's absolutely no room for improvement but what exactly is so wrong with the karma system as is right now that you need to keep saying it needs to be 'better'? What you're advocating would make Infamous an RPG game thus changing the entire game around. Give me some examples of what would constitute as "better' choices.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh, you not making any sense lol. I'm not saying there's absolutely no room for improvement but what exactly is so wrong with the karma system as is right now that you need to keep saying it needs to be 'better'? What you're advocating would make Infamous an RPG game thus changing the entire game around. Give me some examples of what would constitute as "better' choices.

problems with the current karma system

- you're stuck w/making completely unrealistic choices throughout the game
- there's no way to gain karma points outside of killing people and spray painting
- the good choices and bad choices don't even change the direction of the story (eg: your choice to remain silent or admit your bio-terrorist will produce the exact same outcome.)
- the campaign is TOO short for you to make an evil choice, and still come back as a full paragon.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Unrealistic?? What's unrealistic about the choices you make??
- there's no way to gain karma points outside of killing people and spray painting
I haven't played the story twice yet so i don't know too much about how the system works with side activities.
- the good choices and bad choices don't even change the direction of the story (eg: your choice to remain silent or admit your bio-terrorist will produce the exact same outcome.)
You finished the game already on evil?? Because I've heard otherwise(Maybe the first choice isn't that different idk.)
- the campaign is TOO short for you to make an evil choice, and still come back as a full paragon.
How can you expect to be full paragon when you make big evil choices?? Why would you even want to do that?? You being undecided on whether or not you want to be good or evil is exactly that "grey area" you wanted. Now you see the effects of being hesitant and now you don't want it. Obviously the campaign is designed around players that want to play as Hero or Infamous. Those who flip flop on their karma choices will have to deal with that.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

just stop man, cause you just talking out your ass now lol...

1. how are the choices unrealistic? the very first choice is to help yourself or help your people....the next choice is to help fetch or corrupt her...those are realistic...look out for yourself or look out for others..

2. you can gain karma points healing people, doing drug bust, slapping spinning sign dudes, disrupting protests, stopping people from beating up bio-terrorists suspects, freeing bio-terrorist etc....

3. your choices do change the game and gameplay...whatever you pick determines how the city and citizens interact with you; it determines how the story plays out; determines how others in the game turn out; etc..

4. that's not the point of the game...the point is to pick a choice and stick with it..

...just play another game man, infamous aint for you...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

1. how are the choices unrealistic? the very first choice is to help yourself or help your people....the next choice is to help fetch or corrupt her...those are realistic...look out for yourself or look out for others..

2. you can gain karma points healing people, doing drug bust, slapping spinning sign dudes, disrupting protests, stopping people from beating up bio-terrorists suspects, freeing bio-terrorist etc....

3. your choices do change the game and gameplay...whatever you pick determines how the city and citizens interact with you; it determines how the story plays out; determines how others in the game turn out; etc..

4. that's not the point of the game...the point is to pick a choice and stick with it..

breh dont tell me what game is for me, i just want infamous to mature as a series; not just graphically, but gameplay, missions and choices as well.

and if the point of the game is to pick a choice and stick with it, that takes me back to my original question. why not just make you choose your path once in the beginning the game, and you have to stick with it throughout? why even bother with the whole "pick a side, red or blue"

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...

pretty much.... :mjlol:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh dont tell me what game is for me, i just want infamous to mature as a series; not just graphically, but gameplay, missions and choices as well.

and if the point of the game is to pick a choice and stick with it, that takes me back to my original question. why not just make you choose your path once in the beginning the game, and you have to stick with it throughout? why even bother with the whole "pick a side, red or blue"

you can play whatever you want, but when you talk about changing the very thing the series is based on just cause you dont like making a commitment to a choice, it sounds like you need to play something else...

you want it to mature? as in what, become more adult? add blood, more violence, more sex, etc? that aint the purpose nor audience of the game...besides, there are plenty of games out there that are more mature, play those instead of suggesting infamous become more like them...

because you can change your choice...you have up until you reach a certain level of karma to change your path...after you reach that certain level, then yes you have to continue down that path....the red/blue are just the colors used to represent the good/infamous choices, that's it....

...again, it just sounds like infamous aint for you...cause all the shyt you talking about has been in the game since the first game...and actually, they've improved on it every game....but it sounds like second son is the first time you've played the series, and you just don't like the premise of the game...and that's cool...but that doesn't mean the game is bad and needs a major overhaul to make it play not like an infamous game like you suggesting...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you can play whatever you want, but when you talk about changing the very thing the series is based on just cause you dont like making a commitment to a choice, it sounds like you need to play something else...

you want it to mature? as in what, become more adult? add blood, more violence, more sex, etc? that aint the purpose nor audience of the game...besides, there are plenty of games out there that are more mature, play those instead of suggesting infamous become more like them...

because you can change your choice...you have up until you reach a certain level of karma to change your path...after you reach that certain level, then yes you have to continue down that path....the red/blue are just the colors used to represent the good/infamous choices, that's it....

...again, it just sounds like infamous aint for you...cause all the shyt you talking about has been in the game since the first game...and actually, they've improved on it every game....but it sounds like second son is the first time you've played the series, and you just don't like the premise of the game...and that's cool...but that doesn't mean the game is bad and needs a major overhaul to make it play not like an infamous game like you suggesting...

did i say a damn thing about blood, violence, or more sex in this entire thread? :what: mature as in better choices, a refined karma system, a LONGER, more meaningful campaign. better characters that aren't 1 dimensional cliches.

and fans have had their gripes with the infamous game since the first game, what's your point? i'm glad devs dont all listen to you for advice because games would never evolve.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
did i say a damn thing about blood, violence, or more sex in this entire thread? :what: mature as in better choices, a refined karma system, a LONGER, more meaningful campaign. better characters that aren't 1 dimensional cliches.

and fans have had their gripes with the infamous game since the first game, what's your point? i'm glad devs dont all listen to you for advice because games would never evolve.

longer campaign aint maturing...better characters aint maturing...i mentioned those things cause they fall under the 'mature' category...forget those, i'm asking: how would you suggest the game be more mature?...what better choices would you suggest over looking out for yourself (infamous) or looking out for others (good)?....

lol if you say so...I've never said the game was perfect, there are things i'd change...but I wouldn't suggest changing the foundation of the game which is making a karma choice and sticking to it...doing that would make it like other games...

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Have you played the first two infamous games breh?? :what: You obviously didn't because there's no way in hell you could say you want games to evolve and then you act like Second Son ain't improve on that compared to the first two. The characters in this are LEAGUES ahead of Cole and Zeke, do you even know who that is?? I played Infamous 1 and 2, chugged my way through them and didn't bother to replay it on evil because I didn't really care. This one was much funner and much better. Add to that more dlc for free coming in for 6 weeks that will total 19 missions and you complaining about the game's length. :smh: I swear some gamers are so entitled these days.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
longer campaign aint maturing...better characters aint maturing...i mentioned those things cause they fall under the 'mature' category...forget those, i'm asking: how would you suggest the game be more mature?...what better choices would you suggest over looking out for yourself (infamous) or looking out for others (good)?....

lol if you say so...I've never said the game was perfect, there are things i'd change...but I wouldn't suggest changing the foundation of the game which is making a karma choice and sticking to it...doing that would make it like other games...

you never said the game was perfect, but you also never listed 1 con about the game :heh:

if the game were in my hands,:whew: i'll have to smoke on that and come back to you.