Official Infamous Second Son Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
considering that's about 80% of the game, no. tell me why it sounds silly?
:beli:
You said there wasn't going to be any changes in mechanics to which I say, why would there be changes?? It's a DLC, not a new game. If anything, it'd be the same game with a fresh paint of coat and a few new bells and whistles. Most DLC for any game is like that.
Also that reducing the game to mere go here, do this and that, rinse and repeat shtick is so disingenuous. You can reduce anything down to mere simple tasks.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:beli:
You said there wasn't going to be any changes in mechanics to which I say, why would there be changes?? It's a DLC, not a new game. If anything, it'd be the same game with a fresh paint of coat and a few new bells and whistles. Most DLC for any game is like that.
Also that reducing the game to mere go here, do this and that, rinse and repeat shtick is so disingenuous. You can reduce anything down to mere simple tasks.
:cape:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i think i'm disappointed in the game because i enjoyed it so much :heh: the campaign is extremely short, and doesn't offer much in the way of plot twist. im going to play as evil and see how much the plotline varies

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
inFAMOUS_GDC_Slides-13.jpg

so, instead of going with an actual native, that went safe with a white guy smh.

-DMP-

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Just finished the game.
In terms of gameplay, this is easily the best Infamous of the three. All of the powers have their own little quirks and mechanics and you will change often both in battle and travel. In terms of storyline, it falls short of the first two games....Especially the first. The story is serviceable and had some strong moments. The chemistry between Fetch and Delsin was cute. Voice acting was strong. The game was definitely shorter than I expected. Its short but strong and satisfying. I'm going to go 100% everything in Seattle and then go on my Evil playthough.

8/10

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
i think i'm disappointed in the game because i enjoyed it so much :heh: the campaign is extremely short, and doesn't offer much in the way of plot twist. im going to play as evil and see how much the plotline varies

:why:
You do realize this sounds like some dichotomous shyt that a female would say.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:why:
You do realize this sounds like some dichotomous shyt that a female would say.
i feel the same way about gta 5 as well. they put in all the frame work for a great game, but completely dropped the ball on the campaign -- and infamous felt shorter than linear games like Last of us, how is that even possible.

Last edited:

D1renegade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OK
inFAMOUS_GDC_Slides-13.jpg

so, instead of going with an actual native, that went safe with a white guy smh.

-DMP-

Yeah I saw this on NeoGaf and they unsurprisingly prefer Delsin's current look, but I like this one a lot more. Delsin clearly looks Native American here, unlike in the game where I have to double take to catch his ethnicity.. Don't get me started on his brother Reggie, that dude is white as can be.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah, i like the concept better as well.

but they get to have their ethnic character that's basically a white guy.

Yeah I saw this on NeoGaf and they unsurprisingly prefer Delsin's current look, but I like this one a lot more. Delsin clearly looks Native American here, unlike in the game where I have to double take to catch his ethnicity.. Don't get me started on his brother Reggie, that dude is white as can be.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Remember how heated fans got when Sucker Punch redesigned Cole to be a hipster Nathan Drake-like character for part 2? :mjlol:

They had to fall back and make him look more like the original Cole but came out with a Jason Statham reject. :deadrose:
seriously wtf were they thinking :what: they literally had no excuse for changing his looks and voice

edit:
suckerpunch said:
Art director Matthias Lorenz told the magazine that he gave Cole a new look in order to make him a “more appealing, more compelling main character.” In terms of his new personality"

:heh: basically said "we want him to look and act like every other white guy in video games." no wonder the entire plot was based on choosing between the asian girl (good), or the black girl (evil)

Last edited: