Official Infamous Second Son Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
what are you talking about at this point? cause what you said is how the game works...your karma is influenced by your actions and interactions...you can heal/kill citizens; you can fight enemies watching out for people or you can just blow shyt up; etc....that all effects your karma...the major gameplay choices you make, are just that: choices to move the game along whatever karma path you've chose...

and you cant switch sides in regards to building up powers and major game choices...the game isn't designed to be played like that....but if you decide to fukk up a citizen even though you on the good path, you can...and vice versa...
I get that the karma system is a part of the game, I just think it could be thought out more.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The example was something I just thought of out the blue, just an example of how they don't need to strip power based off a choice. Non of what I'm saying has been thought out very well and they are just simple ideas I come up with, I I sat down for a couple hours with a note pad to flesh some of these ideas out I'm sure I could come up with a karma system that fit with the style of game without the bullshyt. But then again, I don't get paid for that.

aight, now i'm confused cause once you have a power, it's yours, that includes upgrading...so what do you mean making a different choice strips powers?..no choices strip powers...the only time you run out of powers is if you literally run out of power...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just hope they have DLC with more powers/playable characters/story lines I hope they just didn't throw this game out here for a great 10 hr play thru and just leave us stuck.

they are releasing papertrail missions every week for the next 6 weeks...after that, I don't know...

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
that would've been interesting as hell...but how would you determine which power you were using?...meaning, you needed a source for powers, so how could you switch sources on the fly?...

The D-pad. Or even the touch pad for that matter. and a lil bit more of configuring which buttons do what even. IIRC the triangle button isn't used for much either. I could be mistaken there.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
aight, now i'm confused cause once you have a power, it's yours, that includes upgrading...so what do you mean making a different choice strips powers?..no choices strip powers...the only time you run out of powers is if you literally run out of power...
If you make a good choice or evil choice while playing with the opposite you lose a lot of experience points, that can lead to dropping a whole rank and losing whatever powers came with that rank. So even if you unlocked the power, if a choice made u drop rank you couldn't use it

You would then need to help/bully npcs till you got back The exp you lost so you can use that ranks powers again.

On another note, I think it's possible to completely reverse your path if you spend a shyt load of hours doing the opposite task.

It makes the choices feel false.

This is my issue with the karma system.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The D-pad. Or even the touch pad for that matter. and a lil bit more of configuring which buttons do what even. IIRC the triangle button isn't used for much either. I could be mistaken there.

hopefully not the touch pad...it was over used in the game to me....

but let me clarify what I was asking: you need a power source to use your powers, how would you be able to switch power sources on the fly?...where would he get the power from to fuel the different powers?...

yea, triangle is only really used to heal/subdue people...

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
hopefully not the touch pad...it was over used in the game to me....

but let me clarify what I was asking: you need a power source to use your powers, how would you be able to switch power sources on the fly?...where would he get the power from to fuel the different powers?...

yea, triangle is only really used to heal/subdue people...

Your energy sources could either all borrow from the same pool or there could just be a change of which power sources you're using displayed as you use them. Like, for the latter, before you could use all your powers, you'd have to drain the sources first and then 1nce you're stored with those powers, you could use them until you've depleted that particular power. And if they all borrow from the same pool, then obviously, any source of those powers that you drain would give you access to all your abilities. I'd honestly prefer them all having their own power meter, but either could be viable.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you make a good choice or evil choice while playing with the opposite you lose a lot of experience points, that can lead to dropping a whole rank and losing whatever powers came with that rank. So even if you unlocked the power, if a choice made u drop rank you couldn't use it

You would then need to help/bully npcs till you got back The exp you lost so you can use that ranks powers again.

On another note, I think it's possible to completely reverse your path if you spend a shyt load of hours doing the opposite task.

It makes the choices feel false.

This is my issue with the karma system.

no, you don't lose a lot of experience points....you do lose some cause you are going against the karma path you chose, but not a lot...and if you go against the path you chose so much that you losing rank, it sounds like you picked the wrong path....cause you shouldnt do that much...

no, you cant completely reverse your path...trust me, i've tried....once powers are locked, they are locked.....and even if they weren't, you wouldn't have shards to upgrade them...also, you cant go back and change the decisions you made in game to move the story along....

ok, I get that, but again, it sounds like you just want a guy with powers cause you don't want to commit to a path...but that's not how the game is meant to be played...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your energy sources could either all borrow from the same pool or there could just be a change of which power sources you're using displayed as you use them. Like, for the latter, before you could use all your powers, you'd have to drain the sources first and then 1nce you're stored with those powers, you could use them until you've depleted that particular power. And if they all borrow from the same pool, then obviously, any source of those powers that you drain would give you access to all your abilities. I'd honestly prefer them all having their own power meter, but either could be viable.

gotcha...that could be part of the story for the next game....learning to store energy and use different powers...that could be the trick he'd have to learn to combat whatever he's going against...

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
no, you don't lose a lot of experience points....you do lose some cause you are going against the karma path you chose, but not a lot...and if you go against the path you chose so much that you losing rank, it sounds like you picked the wrong path....cause you shouldnt do that much...

no, you cant completely reverse your path...trust me, i've tried....once powers are locked, they are locked.....and even if they weren't, you wouldn't have shards to upgrade them...also, you cant go back and change the decisions you made in game to move the story along....

ok, I get that, but again, it sounds like you just want a guy with powers cause you don't want to commit to a path...but that's not how the game is meant to be played...
I know that the powers are locked but you can still reverse your karma doing shyt like beating people up forever, pretty useless lol.

I can't speak for this game but I remember in infamous 2, making that choice to sneak in quietly dropped my rank and I needed to fukk around to get it back. These are the kinda choices that I'm talking about that shouldn't affect karma,

Also in the first game I made a choice to try to save the chick while good and had restarted the game cause I thought I lost the rank for good or that I'd never reach the strongest powered cause of the choice.

This all happen with one wrong choice though out the entire game.

That's annoying and they need a different way to punish u for going back on your choice

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How are people platinum'ing this game already?? I'm only 60% through but I beat it and I still got stuff to do but I keep just having fun exploring the city on foot or in air and fighting DUP soldiers. Also playing with this Gold headset makes the experience so rich, it sound so great.

it's pretty easy to plat, just like the other games...in this one, I've played through once and got all the trophies except for the bad karma path ones....and I actually like that about the game...since you can get most trophies just by playing through normally, you don't have to focus on doing extra shyt to get them, and you can just enjoy the game...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know that the powers are locked but you can still reverse your karma doing shyt like beating people up forever, pretty useless lol.

I can't speak for this game but I remember in infamous 2, making that choice to sneak in quietly dropped my rank and I needed to fukk around to get it back. These are the kinda choices that I'm talking about that shouldn't affect karma,

Also in the first game I made a choice to try to save the chick while good and had restarted the game cause I thought I lost the rank for good or that I'd never reach the strongest powered cause of the choice.

This all happen with one wrong choice though out the entire game.

That's annoying and they need a different way to punish u for going back on your choice

aight man....what this boils down to is like @chemicalsword said: you just need to play the game...cause a lot of the stuff you complaining about was addressed in this game...

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
that's the whole point of INFAMOUS games...you pick a side and see what happens...yall want it to not be infamous games anymore just cause you don't like having restrictions...fukk that...if you don't like the premise of infamous, go play something else that is more to your liking...but don't suggest changes to make the game not be itself....cause I bet the min they did, the same people would complain about it trying to be something else...
stop caping, just stop. i can like infamous and still point out the obvious flaws in the system.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thoughts:

- finished the game, damn good game...enjoyed the battles throughout....

- I didn't see that 3rd power coming....it's interesting, but fun once you figure it out...that battle was fun too...

- I like how they have dup raids after the game is over...that'll help keep you busy while waiting for dlc...

- speaking of dlc, the second part of paper trail is available in game, but not on the website yet...so you can start it, but gotta wait....

- for those that want mp, it seems the game is going towards that way...they expanded the different conduit powers in this game...and they mentioned others we didn't even see...hopefully we will with dlc...

...anyway, cant wait to go through on the infamous side...
look at you, scared to say anything negative about the game. :heh:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
honestly who cares about DLC, it'll consist of the exact same game mehanics that are already present in the game.

go here
go fight DUP
go let out prisoners
go spray paint on this wall
collect shards
gain power

rinse repeat