Official Infamous Second Son Thread

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I didn't say you couldn't criticism things you like, I do it...I just find it hard to believe that you enjoy something when the very thing it's based on you call stupid...but whatever, I like the series too, been fun shooting the shyt with a fellow infamous fan.......
The karma system is not a big part of the game at all and is very easy to forget it's even there. I'm just saying the choice system might as well not even be there if the choices are so poorly implemented.

You act like games like mass effect doesn't have a similar karma system without forcing you down a predetermined path. It's why people can replay that game dozens of times to see the different outcomes instead of just a new character to play the game with

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
that is what you said when you say power options shouldn't be closed off based off the karma choices you make....also, by having the same powers available no matter the karma choice, limits the amount of powers...I get it you say they will behave differently, but to have the same named powers, limits the power options...i'd rather them have different specific powers based on the karma tree you choose...
I never said to have the same powers available, they don't even have to have the same name, instead of two types of each powers there should be two for each side that u choose from. The powers don't even have to be based off the karma system. That should just determine which powers are available to you. I just have a problem with the way the game forces you to make either or choice, makes the actual choice seem not that important

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The karma system is not a big part of the game at all and is very easy to forget it's even there. I'm just saying the choice system might as well not even be there if the choices are so poorly implemented.

You act like games like mass effect doesn't have a similar karma system without forcing you down a predetermined path. It's why people can replay that game dozens of times to see the different outcomes instead of just a new character to play the game with

what?!?!? the whole game is based on the karma system...from the powers you get to how the citizens interact with you is all influenced by the karma system...but you say it's easy to forget...lol aight man...

mass effect is an rpg, infamous isn't...and I don't want infamous to play like an rpg....also, actually, you are forced down a path in mass effect too cause the story moves along based off your choices...the same as infamous...but you keep ignoring that to complain about the powers....

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never said to have the same powers available, they don't even have to have the same name, instead of two types of each powers there should be two for each side that u choose from. The powers don't even have to be based off the karma system. That should just determine which powers are available to you.

actually you did say that:

'Actually if u listen to me I'd give a possible choice between four types each move with two being only accessible with the good side and the other two with the bad side.'

that's saying have everything available and just let you pick which powers you want...again: the game isn't set up like that...the whole point is for you to pick a side and the powers reflect that choice...

man, just play something else...cause at this point, you want infamous to be something it's not just cause....

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
what?!?!? the whole game is based on the karma system...from the powers you get to how the citizens interact with you is all influenced by the karma system...but you say it's easy to forget...lol aight man...

mass effect is an rpg, infamous isn't...and I don't want infamous to play like an rpg....also, actually, you are forced down a path in mass effect too cause the story moves along based off your choices...the same as infamous...but you keep ignoring that to complain about the powers....
OK then forget about the powers, I don't mind the powers u get, just thought that more options is a good idea and a way to increase replay further.

The karma system should indeed determine if your powers are destructive or not, and also how people interact with your character.

The choices themselves shouldnt decrease your powers if you don't choose the same choice every time. And having to do tedious task to get them back isn't a good punishment, its not fun and the fun factor should never drop.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
actually you did say that:

'Actually if u listen to me I'd give a possible choice between four types each move with two being only accessible with the good side and the other two with the bad side.'

that's saying have everything available and just let you pick which powers you want...again: the game isn't set up like that...the whole point is for you to pick a side and the powers reflect that choice...

man, just play something else...cause at this point, you want infamous to be something it's not just cause....
Me thinking having more choices of powers would be a good idea has nothing to do with how I feel about the karma system.

How the hell is that me saying everything should be available regardless of karma status? Two move sets to chose from for each side is what I said.

What are you even talking about? I never said infamous should be something it's not.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just hope they have DLC with more powers/playable characters/story lines I hope they just didn't throw this game out here for a great 10 hr play thru and just leave us stuck.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OK then forget about the powers, I don't mind the powers u get, just thought that more options is a good idea and a way to increase replay further.

The karma system should indeed determine if your powers are destructive or not, and also how people interact with your character.

The choices themselves shouldnt decrease your powers if you don't choose the same choice every time. And having to do tedious task to get them back isn't a good punishment, its not fun and the fun factor should never drop.

that's the point of the game...it's to pick a side and stick to it, not just be a guy in the middle with powers...

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
that's the point of the game...it's to pick a side and stick to it, not just be a guy in the middle with powers...
You shouldn't even be able to switch sides then.

The choices shouldn't determine your karma unless it's a matter of karma.

Your karma should be influenced by your actions and interactions.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Me thinking having more choices of powers would be a good idea has nothing to do with how I feel about the karma system.

How the hell is that me saying everything should be available regardless of karma status? Two move sets to chose from for each side is what I said.

What are you even talking about? I never said infamous should be something it's not.

this is what you said when we first started this convo:

'Example: a choice could determine if you get the cluster bombs or the sticky bomb, with each type of bomb working slightly different for each side u choose.'

how is that not asking all powers to be available no matter the karma choices?...

I say that cause the changes you are asking for will make infamous not infamous...the whole game is based on the karma system and picking a side...to throw that aside changes the game into something else...

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
you and others are saying that by asking to 'pick' which power you can get and not have them take power options away based off of previous choices...

it does affect the story cause the game is based on picking a side...if you pick good karma, you shouldn't have bad karma powers...and vice versa...if you did, that makes no sense...also, yea, you have the powers unlocked, but you are leveling them up when you do the lil shyt....cause when you first get them, they aint shyt...

on a side note: I find it hard to believe that you 'love' playing the series the way you do if your major complaint is the very thing the series is based off of

Word. I don't feel that aspect has to be change. My only grips about the new game is not being able to use/combine your different powers on the fly and I could use a bit more enemy variety. THey don't stop me from enjoying the game though.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You shouldn't even be able to switch sides then.

The choices shouldn't determine your karma unless it's a matter of karma.

Your karma should be influenced by your actions and interactions.

what are you talking about at this point? cause what you said is how the game works...your karma is influenced by your actions and interactions...you can heal/kill citizens; you can fight enemies watching out for people or you can just blow shyt up; etc....that all effects your karma...the major gameplay choices you make, are just that: choices to move the game along whatever karma path you've chose...

and you cant switch sides in regards to building up powers and major game choices...the game isn't designed to be played like that....but if you decide to fukk up a citizen even though you on the good path, you can...and vice versa...

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
this is what you said when we first started this convo:

'Example: a choice could determine if you get the cluster bombs or the sticky bomb, with each type of bomb working slightly different for each side u choose.'

how is that not asking all powers to be available no matter the karma choices?...

I say that cause the changes you are asking for will make infamous not infamous...the whole game is based on the karma system and picking a side...to throw that aside changes the game into something else...
The example was something I just thought of out the blue, just an example of how they don't need to strip power based off a choice. Non of what I'm saying has been thought out very well and they are just simple ideas I come up with, I I sat down for a couple hours with a note pad to flesh some of these ideas out I'm sure I could come up with a karma system that fit with the style of game without the bullshyt. But then again, I don't get paid for that.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word. I don't feel that aspect has to be change. My only grips about the new game is not being able to use/combine your different powers on the fly and I could use a bit more enemy variety. THey don't stop me from enjoying the game though.

that would've been interesting as hell...but how would you determine which power you were using?...meaning, you needed a source for powers, so how could you switch sources on the fly?...