Official Hawkeye Season 1 Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Is that a person im supposed to know whose opinion im supposed to care about?:unimpressed:

Cause if we're posting randoms from Twitter, you'll find more of mine than yours :unimpressed:

:unimpressed:

Na….. I can go toe to toe with that:russ:

But I won’t and that’s fair.

Im not saying I had low expectations for this show, but I also never had these ridiculous high ones either….. that’s why I’m not disappointed.

The show for me was straight for what it was

Now The Matrix? My expectations was really high and now I find myself like you over there.

I think I may cancel my HBO Max after Curb ends, would do it today if it wasn’t for that

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
If this shyt ain't the truest shyt I read all day :dead:

I was trynna find it earlier….. and until I do here is this. But the rage over a shirt.

Ive seen Kingpin wear a shirt like that before. I wanna say it may have been a video game can’t quite remember, but he didn’t always wear the black or purple shirt under the blazer/suit

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A fun, lighthearted adventure that you’ll probably enjoy a lot more on a binge vice week-to-week wait. Kate and Yelena’s on-screen chemistry was a massive standout.

That’s about exactly what I expected :ehh: what’s the combat hitting for?

Daps

Im not saying I had low expectations for this show, but I also never had these ridiculous high ones either….. that’s why I’m not disappointed.

Now The Matrix? My expectations was really high and now I find myself like you over there.

I think I may cancel my HBO Max after Curb ends, would do it today if it wasn’t for that

I don't even have high expectations. I just expect Disney to not eff up. They effed up, breh.

Whether you want to admit it or not, there is a raging debate happening about what they did with the kingpin character.

Go back and look at the reception for daredevil. People loved it.

Now look at the reception for this show. Most folks are :unimpressed: about everything except Yelena and Kate chemistry.

I made comments earlier but i wasn't seriously expecting Fisk to rip someone's head off on Disney plus. I just expected a good show with a good story

That's not what Hawkeye is.

When people are debating the merits of your show, that's not a good sign. That means it wasn't good. This show should have been good. There's no reason for it to be this bad.

If this was Kingpins first time on screen, I'd be :patrice: but I would cut them some slack cause I would feel like well, he's a hard character to portray :manny:

But they literally have a blueprint.:mjtf:

They even used the same actor :mjtf:

They could have just made him a pg 13 version of the same character from DD and I would have been satisfied.

Instead they made this fool Wile E Coyote :mjtf:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I was trynna find it earlier….. and until I do here is this. But the rage over a shirt.

Ive seen Kingpin wear a shirt like that before. I wanna say it may have been a video game can’t quite remember, but he didn’t always wear the black or purple shirt under the blazer/suit

I wasn't even commenting on the shirt, I thought the shirt was fine. It's actually fitting for the character to be wearing something as tone deaf as a hawaiian shirt when he's trying to do some shifty shyt tbh.

I thought the performance itself was lackluster compared to the netflix version is all.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I don't even have high expectations. I just expect Disney to not eff up. They effed up, breh.

Whether you want to admit it or not, there is a raging debate happening about what they did with the kingpin character.

Go back and look at the reception for daredevil. People loved it.

Now look at the reception for this show. Most folks are :unimpressed: about everything except Yelena and Kate chemistry.

I made comments earlier but i wasn't seriously expecting Fisk to rip someone's head off on Disney plus. I just expected a good show with a good story

That's not what Hawkeye is.

When people are debating the merits of your show, that's not a good sign. That means it wasn't good. This show should have been good. There's no reason for it to be this bad.

If this was Kingpins first time on screen, I'd be :patrice: but I would cut them some slack cause I would feel like well, he's a hard character to portray :manny:

But they literally have a blueprint.:mjtf:

They even used the same actor :mjtf:

They could have just made him a pg 13 version of the same character from DD and I would have been satisfied.

Instead they made this fool Wile E Coyote :mjtf:

I guess for me….. I’ve see enough good and bad shows so I feel comfortable with my gauge.

Was this show Daredevil? No, and I didnt expect it.

Was this show CW SuperGirl? Hell no

That my perspective overall.

The previous 2 seasons of Flash (a show I love) was pretty bad. This was no where close to that

Daps
I guess for me….. I’ve see enough good and bad shows so I feel comfortable with my gauge.

Was this show Daredevil? No, and I didnt expect it.

Was this show CW SuperGirl? Hell no

That my perspective overall.

The previous 2 seasons of Flash (a show I love) was pretty bad. This was no where close to that

To me this was supergirl flash levels of bad. Perfect way to put it. Which is why I'm out. I stopped watching flash when it got goofy so I'm done with these Disney shows too cause they're too goofy for me.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

All the piff that's dropping next month and stuff you haven't seen and you wanna cancel HBO max?

Netflix be having Sahara desert size gaps for real, and you still paying for that???

And the audacity of comparing it to Disney plus, they got planet Dune size gaps

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I wasn't even commenting on the shirt, I thought the shirt was fine. It's actually fitting for the character to be wearing something as tone deaf as a hawaiian shirt when he's trying to do some shifty shyt tbh.

I thought the performance itself was lackluster compared to the netflix version is all.

I feel you he had like literally 2 scenes

I guess the good thing for anyone that has issues is Marvel is fairly good with responding and they will listen and make necessary changes if it’s really that serious.

Their track record over the years has shown that

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

I guess the good thing for anyone that has issues is Marvel is fairly good with responding and they will listen and make necessary changes if it’s really that serious.

I agree, and that's why it's ok if people complain.

People said Brie Larson was trash and they responded by turning her solo movie into a team up movie. :ehh:

Daps

Well I'm glad cause Feige need to go read twitter today.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
To me this was supergirl flash levels of bad. Perfect way to put it. Which is why I'm out. I stopped watching flash when it got goofy so I'm done with these Disney shows too cause they're too goofy for me.

That’s fair, I strongly disagree but I respect that.

And for the record in the past when people used to be like “bu bu bu but you defending…” it never was that it’s just be consistent.

Like people that claim the want violent hardcore DARK and hate jokes quippy goofy humor.

You can’t sit here and say something like an Avengers 2 is trash but then rave about and love Shazaam:mjlol:

If there is consistency across the board then it’s whatever

But I digress, I thought the show was straight for what it was. That don’t make me a stan

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

I’m not sure why you are trying so hard to act oblivious.

Costuming is part of telling a story. Spider-Man didn’t start off wearing a hoodie and googles but for MCU Spidey they wanted to get across that this kid was doing what he could with what he had. Once he started interacting with big boys he started wearing tech suits and magic suits.

So on one hand you got a Kingpin of means and wealthy projecting his power through his costume and demeanor.

On the other hand you got a Kingpin wearing a suit, hat, and Hawaiian shirt and looking he’s going to Fantasy Island and I’m not sure what he’s projecting. He wants people to know it’s still his city with a handful of incompetent thugs in tracksuits?