Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
You don't hear people say it about Martin, because most loved the show. Personally I think there are 2 different things we are talking about

One is just mufukkaz acting silly and/or stupid for jokey jokes

Other is straight up c00ning

There is a difference.

Why is it okay for cats like Sandler, Ferrell, etc to act stupid in movies, but when we do it, it's being a minstrel and/or c00ning? And most of the time it's only used against cats people don't like while others who are liked get a pass for doing it.
acting stupid is one thing

acting stupid and making every joke about being black is another

sandler has his "i'm a jew" jokes... but he doesn't base his entire career around it

lesley jones seems to be basing her entire career off "hey i'm a big black ugly black woman... lets see how many jokes we can pull out of this idea"

whoopi goldberg is no saint... i know she did that blackface shyt... but her movies about comedy ain't "hey i'm an ugly black woman with dreads... lets make fun of that the whole time" type of steeze

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
So why didn't he do Ghostbusters 3 in the 90s when Dan and Harold kept giving him scripts and he kept saying nah? If it was a contract thing, he would've had no choice. He only signed up for one movie initially (all of them did) then they begged them all to come back for number 2 even though they really didn't want to do it. Murray only signed on the dotted line if they let him do whatever movie he wanted (one for me, one for you) so he chose Razor's Edge and they said yes sure do whatever you want.

3rd one wasn't necessary from a contract standpoint

those fukkboys should have and could have done 5 Ghostbusters movies before the end of the 90s and ate off of the franchise FOREVER and got back end paper on a million reboots. Bottom line is that they fukked up.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
still thinking about how much this movie sucked. if they had basically the same script but with male castmembers, it would have been worse. the women thing didn't even factor into the movie. anyone who's crying about misandry is an enormous a$$hole.

I literally never heard the word "misandry" before this movie came out. you can't be sexist against men, just like you can be racist towards white people. stfu, white men, we have it easy. brush it off, you pussies.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Man....the humor in this was ROUGH. I mean, the timing, content, rhythm....everything any these scenes that were supposed to be funny just fell so incredibly flat.

Maybe Feig just can't write PG-13?

The Hemsworth bits were the only consistently entertaining part of the film.

Even given the mild critical reception that tempered my expectations, this still fell well short. Just a complete misfire that gives me zero confidence in the franchise going forward.

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
saw this last week with the wife. Don't know if it was the 4 Loko I drank before watching it but I thought this movie was hilarious. I was literally laughing the whole through. I knew I was going to like it cause Spy and Bridesmaids were some the funniest recent movies I've seen. Only complaint would be that it felt more like a bunch of skits then a movie. Still funny though

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So why didn't he do Ghostbusters 3 in the 90s when Dan and Harold kept giving him scripts and he kept saying nah? If it was a contract thing, he would've had no choice. He only signed up for one movie initially (all of them did) then they begged them all to come back for number 2 even though they really didn't want to do it. Murray only signed on the dotted line if they let him do whatever movie he wanted (one for me, one for you) so he chose Razor's Edge and they said yes sure do whatever you want.

3rd one wasn't necessary from a contract standpoint
Murray signed on to do the first Ghostbusters on the condition that Columbia produce Razor's Edge. He signed on to do Ghostbusters 2 only if the studio gave him partial ownership of the movie rights. Meaning, they could not make another GB movie without his approval.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
didn't even know this shyt dropped worldwide already

these numbers looking kind terrible

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $86,266,570 70.5%
+ Foreign: $36,164,353 29.5%
= Worldwide: $122,430,923
The problem is that movies just cost too fukking much these days. There's no reason this should have cost $144 million.

So it can open at #1 and be the highest opening of feig and mcarthys' career and still have these doom and gloom articles written.

ditto for Star Trek Beyond.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
The problem is that movies just cost too fukking much these days. There's no reason this should have cost $144 million.

So it can open at #1 and be the highest opening of feig and mcarthys' career and still have these doom and gloom articles written.

ditto for Star Trek Beyond.

partially true, but the reason this movie is a bomb is because it was promoted and pushed for all the wrong reasons. you can't just reboot a former successful franchise from the 80's and chop it all up by giving it an entire female cast simply to satisfy Hollywood's current social trend/agenda and expect people living in the real world to buy it.

this Ghostbusters was basically a crap shoot and they failed miserably. they could have and should have made it for less than a fourth of its 144M budget, but that still wouldn't have saved it at the box office.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
partially true, but the reason this movie is a bomb is because it was promoted and pushed for all the wrong reasons. you can't just reboot a former successful franchise from the 80's and chop it all up by giving it an entire female cast simply to satisfy Hollywood's current social trend/agenda and expect people living in the real world to buy it.

this Ghostbusters was basically a crap shoot and they failed miserably. they could have and should have made it for less than a fourth of its 144M budget, but that still wouldn't have saved it at the box office.
i think the real problem is poor scheduling. we have 4 live action blockbusters b2b2b2b without giving them room to breathe and have legs.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Murray signed on to do the first Ghostbusters on the condition that Columbia produce Razor's Edge. He signed on to do Ghostbusters 2 only if the studio gave him partial ownership of the movie rights. Meaning, they could not make another GB movie without his approval.

Yeah I said that breh lol

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
So much shyt wrong and vile with this film
  • Leslie Jones forced to "Black It Up"
  • Kristen Wiig just looking out of place, like she doesn't know what to do
  • McCarthy unable to stop being a "Will Farrell", doing the same character
  • Making this movie Misogynistic against Men, when the Original Film was empowering women as smart and intelligent.
  • Proton Packs killing ghosts in the second half of the movie, when its suppose to lasso them.
  • The four leading ladies didn't write any of this shyt
fukk this piss ass film :pacspit: