Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You don't hear people say it about Martin, because most loved the show. Personally I think there are 2 different things we are talking about

One is just mufukkaz acting silly and/or stupid for jokey jokes

Other is straight up c00ning

There is a difference.

Why is it okay for cats like Sandler, Ferrell, etc to act stupid in movies, but when we do it, it's being a minstrel and/or c00ning? And most of the time it's only used against cats people don't like while others who are liked get a pass for doing it.

A black actress once said that when Lucy acts silly she's considered groundbreaking and legendary but when someone black does it its c00ning

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Oh and about the Martin thing: I remember Charles Dutton saying that he was shucking and jiving (or the equivalent) and playing to the lowest common denominator when Roc was on fox but everyone dismissed it and said he was an old man hating because Martin was a bigger hit than Roc

Yeah, there were a number of older black entertainers that felt that way about Martin and a lot other black TV shows from the 90s. I remember people saying that they were tarnishing the positive portrayal of what shows like the Cosby Show and A Different World had created for black people by bringing back old entertainment stereotypes that were starting to go away.

It's funny to see people on this board praise that stuff and then turn around and bash people like Kevin Hart and Lesley Jones.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
I'm a contrarian by nature. I really wanted to be entertained. this movie fukkin suckkkkks. one of the least funny movies in recent memory. Kate McKinnon shouldn't get another shot. She blew it. I don't care how many great sketches she's in from here on out on SNL, she shyt the bed in her big movie debut. Leslie Jones was fine. The other 2 collected checks. Hemsworth's character was funny a couple times in a "i cannot believe this is a character in a major motion picture." Mike Hat is the lamest joke since 1923. The nods and references to the original movies were horrendous and the cameos were even worse. the final battle sucked, and there wasn't a single memorable ghost. Slimer was the best part.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I refuse to believe that :wtb:

So why didn't he do Ghostbusters 3 in the 90s when Dan and Harold kept giving him scripts and he kept saying nah? If it was a contract thing, he would've had no choice. He only signed up for one movie initially (all of them did) then they begged them all to come back for number 2 even though they really didn't want to do it. Murray only signed on the dotted line if they let him do whatever movie he wanted (one for me, one for you) so he chose Razor's Edge and they said yes sure do whatever you want.

3rd one wasn't necessary from a contract standpoint

Gains

Superstar
Daps
So why didn't he do Ghostbusters 3 in the 90s when Dan and Harold kept giving him scripts and he kept saying nah? If it was a contract thing, he would've had no choice. He only signed up for one movie initially (all of them did) then they begged them all to come back for number 2 even though they really didn't want to do it. Murray only signed on the dotted line if they let him do whatever movie he wanted (one for me, one for you) so he chose Razor's Edge and they said yes sure do whatever you want.

3rd one wasn't necessary from a contract standpoint

:mjcry: