Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Leslie is more of a minstrel. I reserve the term "c00n" for Sheriff David Clark, Tommy SortaMoisture, Larry Elder and their ilk that profit off of tearing down their own people to "massa" and saying things cacs cant say.

Leslie Jones is probably more in the vein of Moms Mabley. Lets face it she is a 6ft1, gangly woman with features that alot of men might not find attractive. So she had to forge her own lane. She was never gonna be the love interest or anything in tv or a movie, so she hustling to get in where she fit in. She has never talked down on black folks, so i feel for her. People are cruel and no one wants to be compared to a animal now matter how self deprecating they are. Usually self deprecating women are sensitive deep down.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I don't really feel sorry for her just ignore people I don't get it

I would thrive off that shyt lil lame nikkas on the internet hating on me on my dikk while I'm getting money

:win:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
You can cop the book from the movie

Ghosts from Our Past: Both Literally and Figuratively: The Study of the Paranormal

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I don't have a desire to see the movie and I'm not familiar with this actress at all, but the attacks she's getting is totally unnecessary, but I don't expect anything less from cacs because that's just their nature.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Decent movie, cameos were cool...it was also nice seeing Jared from Silicon Valley and Mike from Veep.

The chinese food running joke was cheesy but I chuckled.

Kate McKinnon was the best one outta the 4.

Bad guy was kinda wack overall, but when he possessed Kevin was funny.

I liked the second variation instrumental of the GB theme they used midway through the film.

Was dope the theater (AMC) also gave us a pin.

I don't think I'll buy it to own, but if it's on TV I'd probably have it on as background.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
Why would u sit there and read insults about u n catch feelings?!

LOG OFF AND GO ENJOY BEING A CELEB WHO GOT $$$$

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Leslie is more of a minstrel. I reserve the term "c00n" for Sheriff David Clark, Tommy SortaMoisture, Larry Elder and their ilk that profit off of tearing down their own people to "massa" and saying things cacs cant say.

Leslie Jones is probably more in the vein of Moms Mabley. Lets face it she is a 6ft1, gangly woman with features that alot of men might not find attractive. So she had to forge her own lane. She was never gonna be the love interest or anything in tv or a movie, so she hustling to get in where she fit in. She has never talked down on black folks, so i feel for her. People are cruel and no one wants to be compared to a animal now matter how self deprecating they are. Usually self deprecating women are sensitive deep down.

wouldn't even call her a minstrel. Being a writer for SNL is HUGE and being the first black woman to do it speaks for itself. The same way lots of people champion Martin but criticize Leslie and others is so hypocritical it's hilarious. As much as I loved Martin, you gotta call a spade a spade; it was damn near a modern day Amos and Andy. We criticize stereotypes in one breath but have no problem watching these same reality tv minstrel shows of us acting like fools all the time. I get that her style isn't for everyone (myself included), but I'm not going to shyt on her. And I damn sure won't be agreeing with these same racists cacs against her.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Lets face it she is a 6ft1, gangly woman with features that alot of men might not find attractive. So she had to forge her own lane. She was never gonna be the love interest or anything in tv or a movie, so she hustling to get in where she fit in. She has never talked down on black folks, so i feel for her. People are cruel and no one wants to be compared to a animal now matter how self deprecating they are. Usually self deprecating women are sensitive deep down.

Bingo!

This commercial says it all when she asks the dude if he wants her number, and he looks at her crazy. Furthermore, they could've dressed her in a more attractive manner.

She's self-deprecating herself for money. She's not the first I suppose. In the end, I don't think she's making fun of her Black features, as much as her overall appearance. Melissa McCarthy WAS kinda that way before she lost weight. Leslie has been around since Comicview and SOMEHOW she finally got on like 20 yrs later. So either she can play the game and make a few mil for life, or hold on to self-pride and keep relying on club dates.

I ain't mad at her as long as she doesn't start talkin down to Black folks. Then we'd know there's a deeper problem.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
wouldn't even call her a minstrel. Being a writer for SNL is HUGE and being the first black woman to do it speaks for itself. The same way lots of people champion Martin but criticize Leslie and others is so hypocritical it's hilarious. As much as I loved Martin, you gotta call a spade a spade; it was damn near a modern day Amos and Andy. We criticize stereotypes in one breath but have no problem watching these same reality tv minstrel shows of us acting like fools all the time. I get that her style isn't for everyone (myself included), but I'm not going to shyt on her. And I damn sure won't be agreeing with these same racists cacs against her.
it's odd, I see a few ppl say this about Martin, but I never found this to be the case. I never watched Martin show and cringed from a racial aspect.

I've cringed from some stuff being over the top(like when his mama Payne was biting the wood off the church pughs, lol), but I never thought it was anything other than over the top corny. Martin is legit crazy in the head so that's what I saw it as. Definitely nothing racial in my eyes.

I even hate when ppl post that gif of Lamont Sanford tap dancing and say it's "c00ning". Tap dancing is a lost art in the black community that was once a revered talent decades ago. Now watch in a few years, some white kid will bring tap dancing back to the forefront and nikkas will start complaining about how they stole it from us....even though we blaspheme t it right now.

But I guess we're all different. :yeshrug:

EDIT: And I agree about the reality show part. Those are worse than anything at making Black ppl look bad on a real life level, but somehow they get a pass.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
it's odd, I see a few ppl say this about Martin, but I never found this to be the case. I never watched Martin show and cringed from a racial aspect.

I've cringed from some stuff being over the top(like when his mama Payne was biting the wood off the church pughs, lol), but I never thought it was anything other than over the top corny. Martin is legit crazy in the head so that's what I saw it as. Definitely nothing racial in my eyes.

I even hate when ppl post that gif of Lamont Sanford tap dancing and say it's "c00ning". Tap dancing is a lost art in the black community that was once a revered talent decades ago. Now watch in a few years, some white kid will bring tap dancing back to the forefront and nikkas will start complaining about how they stole it from us....even though we blaspheme t it right now.

But I guess we're all different. :yeshrug:

EDIT: And I agree about the reality show part. Those are worse than anything at making Black ppl look bad on a real life level, but somehow they get a pass.

You don't hear people say it about Martin, because most loved the show. Personally I think there are 2 different things we are talking about

One is just mufukkaz acting silly and/or stupid for jokey jokes

Other is straight up c00ning

There is a difference.

Why is it okay for cats like Sandler, Ferrell, etc to act stupid in movies, but when we do it, it's being a minstrel and/or c00ning? And most of the time it's only used against cats people don't like while others who are liked get a pass for doing it.