Official Euro 2016 Thread

XxBboyxX

Banned
Daps
Not really. There's nothing to gain from them scoring more goals once they've secured their lead except to humiliate Iceland. To keep trying to score once you're clear by 5+ goals is a pretty scummy move. Iceland deserve respect for getting this far into the tournament.

They were never up by 5+ goals and u sound like a soft fakkit. fukk outta here

concise

Veteran
Daps
I'm sorry... Who are you?

Edit: Ironically enough, I was actually about to log off and go to bed then I saw that you quoted me...

I am somebody who doesn't name drop who I know on the net to people I will never meet.

Good night.

galsen

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
I honestly wasn't being disrespectful, I apologise if it seemed that way. I was just commenting on the fact that your cultural upbringing is much different to mine so it goes a long way to explaining why we have such different views.

I do find it rather insulting that you would think that I have absolutely no knowledge of Brazilians or Brazilian culture, it makes you seem rather haughty.
Go ahead, tell me about samba and feijoada and Pelé, we get it

This isn't about cultures outside of athletic culture. Nobody wants to be treated with kid gloves

BOBN

Pro
Daps
There is no point in 'giving it your all' once you're 5+ goals ahead in the latter stages of a tournament where added goals make no difference. It makes no practical sense, for the reasons mentioned in your post, and also because it's rather disrespectful to the opposing team. I will say it again, what difference would it make for a team to aggressively keep pursuit of scoring more goals once they're 5+ goals ahead except to completely embarrass the opposing team? No one has answered this question adequately. Unless it's a team that you have a rivalry with, there really isn't much point in doing so.
Easy. Being top scorer, and tournament goals in general, pays.

Giroud can get a lot of brehs off his back if he Golden Boots here. Retain his leading role at Arsenal even.

Gignac, Payet, Martial playing for moves to big clubs. Goals matter.

Greizmann playing for GOAT status. Title gets past around these days like the IBF belt so he's in the running.

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
I am somebody who doesn't name drop who I know on the net to people I will never meet.

Good night.

This will be the last time that I post on the matter as we've derailed this thread for long enough.

I didn't name drop anyone. That poster- can't remember their name- asked me if I played football (professionally, I assumed) as if that would somehow validate my comments. I then said that although I didn't, I knew of people who did and who would agree with me, in order to give him the validation that he sought. He then assumed that I was just putting that out there to brag or something, which I wasn't. I apologise as I should have made it clear in my response to them but I was too focused on something else they said.

They were never up by 5+ goals and u sound like a soft fakkit. fukk outta here

Hence why I said "if", when they were 4-0 up.

Go ahead, tell me about samba and feijoada and Pelé, we get it

This isn't about cultures outside of athletic culture. Nobody wants to be treated with kid gloves

I don't understand this comment, I would ask you to expatiate but I don't want to derail the thread any further.

When I mentioned your cultural upbringing, I was purely talking about football btw. Not every country's football culture is the same and I respect that. As for the bolded, I completely agree with this but there is a reason why many teams resort to damage limitation when they're behind by 5+ goals and most simply will not care if they're being handled with 'kid gloves' or not- their pride is already gone (in that particular match). Like I said before, football is a results game and not only does a 10-0 win in the latter stages of a tournament absolutely humiliate the losing team, it also degrades the competition in a way. It's funny, out of all the posters who've replied to me recently, you're the only one who's actually concerned about the losing team, I actually commend you for that. :ehh:

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
Easy. Being top scorer, and tournament goals in general, pays.

Giroud can get a lot of brehs off his back if he Golden Boots here. Retain his leading role at Arsenal even.

Gignac, Payet, Martial playing for moves to big clubs. Goals matter.

Greizmann playing for GOAT status. Title gets past around these days like the IBF belt so he's in the running.

That is true, I'd never really considered that before. :ehh:

As for the bolded, lol but would a club seriously confirm their interest in a player just because he scores say... the 6th, 7th or 8th goal of the match? I can't see that making much of a difference- maybe if he's on a hat trick, I suppose but for anything else, I'm not sure. I still maintain that clubs generally have an unwritten code of conduct that they abide by, for this and many other reasons.

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
Iceland was more than tough enough to handle it, even though I know what you mean.

This is not directed at you per se but it's kind of related to your post. I don't believe that this 'rule', if you will, was created to prevent the losing team's feelings from getting hurt- I can understand why you would think that that was implied in my posts but it's not what I meant at all. It's more to do with keeping the integrity of the tournament via 'respecting' the clubs participating in it, which is why I was only referring to big international/intercontinental/cross-continent tournaments.

Edit: This is the last time that I'll post on the matter. Goodness!

Wudo75

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hummels, Gomez, Khedira out, Schweinsteiger questionable... Löw now has his biggest tactical challenge ever. Will he go with a defensive type flow (höwedes, mustafi, boateng in a 3:5:2 formation) or is he risking it all with more offensive (Özil at the six with Kroos and Draxler, Götze, Sane and Mueller also on the pitch).

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Hard to believe this shytty Portugal team is in the semis

No way Messi drags this sorry ass team to a semifinal the way GOATnaldo has