Official Euro 2016 Thread

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
Oh my days you're absolutely clueless :mjlol: its embarassing when a team is styling on you just playing keep ball whilst multiple goals up

And I played county level in my teenage years, I have a cousin playing in the premier league, 3 of my uncles played premier/championship league level and my best friends brothers currently captain u17 england and play for chelsea...

So yes, my e-dicc is much longer than yours :troll:

Yh, it's really not- and I'm a girl...

I could tell you who I'm aquatinted withbut I won't as I don't want to disrespect my family members and friends by just name dropping them like their mere commodities. Plus, that's just childish.

Many, many, many teams will rather lose 5-0 to a team that's, perhaps, 'pumped the brakes' later on in the game than to lose double-digits to a team that chose to keep going on and on. They're both embarrassing but the former is slightly less embarrassing than the latter- football is a results game after all so most people will just remember the score line after a while. There's a method to these things.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
13557329_1172627309487769_133734539_n.jpg
13556824_134889293603722_1536803883_n.jpg
oK9TE8p.png

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
Well one thing we do know is that no one in your intimate circle plays for France, since they threw your code of honor out the window with Iceland.
In the grand scheme of things does it really matter whether or not France took it easy?

But they didn't...

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
@Anwulika :dead::dead: patrice evra just deaded your whole stance by stating they played the way they did because they respected iceland

/debate....see you man the next game :lolbron:

I don't understand, when were France ever ahead of Iceland by 5 clear goals? Did you even read my initial post before going on this tirade? :wtf:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yh, it's really not- and I'm a girl...

I could tell you who I'm aquatinted withbut I won't as I don't want to disrespect my family members and friends by just name dropping them like their mere commodities. Plus, that's just childish.

Many, many, many teams will rather lose 5-0 to a team that's, perhaps, 'pumped the brakes' later on in the game than to lose double-digits to a team that chose to keep going on and on. They're both embarrassing but the former is slightly less embarrassing than the latter- football is a results game after all so most people will just remember the score line after a while. There's a method to these things.

clouds_picweb.jpg

you see my picture? that's what you're chatting right now as far as i'm concerned...just leave it alone

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand, when were France ever ahead of Iceland by 5 clear goals? Did you even read my initial post before going on this tirade? :wtf:
what's this whole bollocks about 5 goals btw???

does something drastically change from a 4 goal difference to 5???? don't think i've ever seen teams bring back a result routinely from a 4 goal deficit

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Where did you get this arbitrary 5 goal rule tho? Isn't 3-0 also a clear and utter victory?

I think you're confusing back heels and and wild celebrations with effective attack

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
There's no such rule or unwritten rule. You have to give it all from beginning to the end. And if it means pass a 10-0 to the other team so it is. If If your coach wants to go easy he will replace the best elements to avoid injuries or suspension. But as long as you're on the field you have to push.

The only thing you can afford is spectacular and greedy actions but not too much. That's when the disrespect thing comes into play

There is no point in 'giving it your all' once you're 5+ goals ahead in the latter stages of a tournament where added goals make no difference. It makes no practical sense, for the reasons mentioned in your post, and also because it's rather disrespectful to the opposing team. I will say it again, what difference would it make for a team to aggressively keep pursuit of scoring more goals once they're 5+ goals ahead except to completely embarrass the opposing team? No one has answered this question adequately. Unless it's a team that you have a rivalry with, there really isn't much point in doing so.

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
what's this whole bollocks about 5 goals btw???

does something drastically change from a 4 goal difference to 5???? don't think i've ever seen teams bring back a result routinely from a 4 goal deficit

Not routinely but a four goal lead is definitely much much more attainable in football than a five goal lead. Once you get to 5 it's generally nigh on impossible to get back in the game.

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
Where did you get this arbitrary 5 goal rule tho? Isn't 3-0 also a clear and utter victory?

I think you're confusing back heels and and wild celebrations with effective attack

3-0 is a clear victory but it would be unwise to 'stop playing', if you will, at that score line as it is not too difficult for a team to get back in the game at that score line, especially at half time. Once you get to 5-0 or 5 clear goals then that's pretty much a wrap. I'm not confused with anything, it is highly disrespectful to keep aggressively attacking the other team when you're ahead by 5 clear goals in a game where any extra goals will not matter. It shows that you only want to embarrass your opponent. There is respect in football.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
@Anwulika no disrespect you just don't get the mindset of competitors

I'm not a professional athlete by any means but i do compete. To expect your opponent at any point to let up in the slightest would make you question the purpose of even trying in the first place