Official Euro 2016 Thread

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
You sound like one of those 'play the game the right way' people :mjpls1:

Well, yes, football has to keep at least some of its integrity. From the replies that I'm getting in this thread, I can tell that quite a few people here know very little about football, which is a shame. :sad:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why doesn't anyone here seem to know of the unwritten code in football?
Because it doesn't exist you idiot.

Teams coast once they get up 3-4 goals not out of respect for the other team, but because they want to protect themselves from getting injuries etc

There was a reason it made headlines when Germany revealed at half time in their world cup match against Brazil they decided to go easy on Brazil in the second half because

1. THAT was considered disrespectful to a nation like Brazil's footballing stature
2.it was unusual

Iceland have scored two goals and are threatening to score a third. Had your dumbass been coaching France talmbout "go easy on them, they're delicate flowers and they've given it a good shot :damn:" who knows wtf the final score would be

And i'll be damed if i went to a game and paid good money to watch my team and then come to find out they went easy on a team to save some grown mens feelings foh :dahell: i'd want their wages docked

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Not really. There's nothing to gain from them scoring more goals once they've secured their lead except to humiliate Iceland. To keep trying to score once you're clear by 5+ goals is a pretty scummy move. Iceland deserve respect for getting this far into the tournament.
do you know how disrespectful it is to stop playing your best against someone?

Anwulika

All Star
Daps
Because it doesn't exist you idiot.

Teams coast once they get up 3-4 goals not out of respect for the other team, but because they want to protect themselves from getting injuries etc

There was a reason it made headlines when Germany revealed at half time in their world cup match against Brazil they decided to go easy on Brazil in the second half because

1. THAT was considered disrespectful to a nation like Brazil's footballing stature
2.it was unusual

Iceland have scored two goals and are threatening to score a third. Had your dumbass been coaching France talmbout "go easy on them, they're delicate flowers and they've given it a good shot :damn:" who knows wtf the final score would be

And i'll be damed if i went to a game and paid good money to watch my team and then come to find out they went easy on a team to save some grown mens feelings foh :dahell: i'd want their wages docked

Did you miss the part where I said that they shouldn't 'try' to score if they were ahead by 5 clear goals? It's highly unlikely to lose a game of football once you're ahead by 5 clear goals for many reasons, one of which is that you'll always be able to score on the counter when the other team is trying to score to level up the lead a bit. In major tournaments like this where there is no incentive to score more goals, it makes more pragmatic and ethical sense to just try to maintain your lead. There is respect in the game.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Did you miss the part where I said that they shouldn't 'try' to score if they were ahead by 5 clear goals? It's highly unlikely to lose a game of football once you're ahead by 5 clear goals for many reasons, one of which is that you'll always be able to score on the counter when the other team is trying to score to level up the lead a bit. In major tournaments like this where there is no incentive to score more goals, it makes more pragmatic and ethical sense to just try to maintain your lead. There is respect in the game.

Did you watch the game? France tried to score the entire game.