Official Elder Scrolls Online Thread (new Skyrim MMO)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Everything I hear about this game says it ruins what's fun about the Elder Scrolls games and is too "grindy" to enjoy. It's expected to flop.

Like another person said, the thing they should do is make a co-op game for 2 or more players, so you can still get that feel of "I'll run this world someday" you get in other ES games but you can also enjoy it with friends. Instead of having to grind just to be in position to compete.

those people are fukking morons. Its a MMORPG not RPG. Of course its going to feel more like a grind. Expected to flop :russ: dont trust those people with your finances bruh, its easily going to be highest selling RPG of 2014 by a large margin

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i signed up back in december, do i have any hope of getting in at this point :sadcam:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
i signed up back in december, do i have any hope of getting in at this point :sadcam:

game comes out april 4th only 3 1/2 months away. I think they have 2-3 more closed beta weekends before then and 1 open beta weekend before then as well. They havnt beta tested the PS4 or Xbox1 version yet

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
probably the exact same as skyrim or a little less if anything since it's an MMO :patrice:

well.. its weird.. game (keep in mind I played skyrim without mods and only for like a hour or two as I hate single player games) looked way better than skyrim to me, but had very good performance..

what @Sensitive Blake Griffin is getting at @SumBlackguyz is that MMOs sometimes scale back their graphics and games because the whole point is that they are supposed to have more people playing them at once compared to other games.

ima be brief on the guild features in this game because of the NDA but :whew: whatever game in 2nd place as far as guild features goes is in a distant 2nd compared to this game

I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw some of the guild features :blessed: ive been wondering why games especially MMOs havnt added some of them years ago but glad finally someone did and glad someone did it right..

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
well.. its weird.. game (keep in mind I played skyrim without mods and only for like a hour or two as I hate single player games) looked way better than skyrim to me, but had very good performance..

what @Sensitive Blake Griffin is getting at @SumBlackguyz is that MMOs sometimes scale back their graphics and games because the whole point is that they are supposed to have more people playing them at once compared to other games.

ima be brief on the guild features in this game because of the NDA but :whew: whatever game in 2nd place as far as guild features goes is in a distant 2nd compared to this game

I couldnt believe my eyes when I saw some of the guild features :blessed: ive been wondering why games especially MMOs have added some of them years ago but glad finally someone did and glad someone did it right..
you sound like you know your shyt breh, how is the game, just drop some brief thoughts.

though I have a feeling, in terms of MAX settings ESO would require a better computer than max settings in Skyrim due to the massive worlds involved in MMO's (NPCs, PCs etc) assuming here the game isn't heavily instanced.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
you sound like you know your shyt breh, how is the game, just drop some brief thoughts.

though I have a feeling, in terms of MAX settings ESO would require a better computer than max settings in Skyrim due to the massive worlds involved in MMO's, assuming here the game isn't heavily instanced.

I didnt get a chance to PVP, but they are claiming itll have the largest scale PVP in the history of video gaming :ohhh: but from what general chat was saying (so I dont know if its true or not because of that :pachaha: ) everyone was saying PVP was instanced.

For the people who dont know what instanced means, it doesnt mean a dungeon in this case it means that you could have players around you and you might not see all of them from the start

So if its 50 vs 50 at a base or something, you might not see 20 people because they are too far away (think they have to enter a radius or so, at least thats how it was for guild wars 2 and from what ive been hearing is like that in ESO)

its good and bad. It helps performance out a lot, doesnt TRULY effect game play but takes away from the immersion of the game (if you care about that shyt).

Which is also why I think the performance for the beta (they only had 1 server to connect to) was so smooth.

ive played a decent amount of MMOs and some for a decent amount of time, I can say with confidence this was by far the best level 1-10 experience ive ever had. While early levels dont indicate later on in the life of a MMO, the fact that it was so good early on I can only imagine how good it will be later on as well I mean the company has never gave us a reason to doubt it or think they would let us down and so far they are showing and proving..

it felt more like an old school MMO.. which is good.. I was worried.. Basically what im saying is that this game doesnt hold your hand like you are 5 year old kid. It doesnt dumb itself down to double its dollars :scusthov:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
yep. this will kill my life for at least 2 years. I played the beta for a long time, shyt is the best MMO ive ever played, by far.